• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LA won?

cool.

Longest losing streaks in the NHL atm:

2nd longest: Florida/Islanders/Hurricane, 2 losses
longest: Vancouver, 7 losses

Vancouver and LA tied for worst L10 with 2-8-0

EDIT: honey badger scores right after I write this :lol

we'll still lose.

Tabris

Your negativity is off the charts lately Smiley. When you first joined NHL GAF you were a very positive person. NHL GAF is dragging you down into their abyss :)

iLLmAtlc

The fact that you continue to question the sources and validity of them seems like denial especially when the sources are some of the industries most respected writers. These rumours aren't coming from Eklund, or some dude's third cousin on Hfboards. Louis Jean isn't the kind of guy to throw out something like this without being sure of himself.

You're inferring things into what I'm saying that aren't there and rejecting much more direct statements of my mindset regarding the potential trade.

I just have a strict list of people whose reports I accept as fact based on their track record of reporting news. Lots of people may be respected journalists, but it doesn't mean that they have the connections necessary for us to accept their rumours as 100% accurate. On Louis Jean I asked you to cite even one story he has broken out of curiosity but you refused to do so, so what am I supposed to do? We are pretty much going in circles at this point so I'm not sure what either of us can say to convince each other of our positions.

Smiley90

I didn't know Vancouver traded for Conacher

Naw, Jannik Hansen is honey badger.

HhkhZE.gif

Your negativity is off the charts lately Smiley. When you first joined NHL GAF you were a very positive person. NHL GAF is dragging you down into their abyss :)

That's all on this team.

Come on Blues, I'm not asking you for much here.

I see you changed your avatar to something more representative of yourself.

Tabris

We were a good team then.

We're a team on the cusp between greatness and failure. Right moves, healthy forwards, and a re-energization, and could be back. Trade away a player or don't come together, then we fall to the depths with the Oilers and Flames.

I'm going to be optimistic for the first option.

Tabris

Also curious of what do you think - Who were the bigger failures? The Russian or US hockey team? They both imploded against the Fins, but the US was so good before that. And the US imploded 0-5.

Illmatic, Louis Jean broke on the Parenteau - Bourque deal. He's a 'trusted' name as far as reporters go - not the type of guy who talks shit or pulls common sense out of his ass and calls it insight (Freidman).

As for Bruce Arthur's chops, I have no idea. He writes about sports, but I don't know where he came from or why his insight in this matter is notable.

Smiley90

Thank GOD for the Olympic break, Lack and honey badger. That atrocious losing streak comes to an end.

LACK SHUTOUT PENISES OVER MY FACE

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Illmatic, Louis Jean broke on the Parenteau - Bourque deal. He's a 'trusted' name as far as reporters go - not the type of guy who talks shit or pulls common sense out of his ass and calls it insight (Freidman).

As for Bruce Arthur's chops, I have no idea. He writes about sports, but I don't know where he came from or why his insight in this matter is notable.

Bruce Arthur is a Canadian sportswriter of the year. One of the best in the business.

He's pretty much the most respected hockey writer in all of Canada, writes for the National Post, and does a bunch of work for TSN including a lot of air time on TSN radio. He was in Sochi covering the Olympics, and claims Kesler was vocal about wanting to leave Vancouver after the bronze medal loss.

iLLmAtlc

Yeah I mentioned that parenteau for bourque a while back deal but I was wondering like actual stories he said would happen and ended up happening as opposed to near deals.

Red_Man

Yeah I mentioned that parenteau for bourque a while back deal but I was wondering like actual stories he said would happen and ended up happening as opposed to near deals.
He's stationed in Montreal and works for a french station, pretty much all of his breaks and inside tracks are related to the Habs and Habs players. He's not the type to go out and discuss rumours, for whatever reason he was the first one to get his hands on this case. I wasn't aware that a person is incapable of breaking a trade story if they don't do it on the regular. You should probably email him and let him know, forward it to Arthur while you're at it too.

He's pretty much the most respected hockey writer in all of Canada, writes for the National Post, and does a bunch of work for TSN including a lot of air time on TSN radio.

Red, almost every sports reporter seems to on your most respected writer list. Arthur has a following, but nothing he's produced has every struck me as being notable - or even different than what you'd find a sports columnist write in any given national paper.

Congrats on the win, Vancouver! You'll finish 10th now and lock up that cherished 20th overall pick (which will be selected by your new GM, Jay Feaster!)

Quick

Banned
Also curious of what do you think - Who were the bigger failures? The Russian or US hockey team? They both imploded against the Fins, but the US was so good before that. And the US imploded 0-5.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, I LIKE BREAKFAST. MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY, EH. I LIKE MY EGGS SCRAMBLED, AN' MY BACON CANADIAN. SOMEONE GAVE ME AMERICAN BACON ONCE, AN' I SOCKED HIM IN THE FACE. "WHAT'RE YA DOIN'? I ASKED HIM. HE SAID, "DON, AREN'T ALL BACON THE SAME?" I TELL HIM, I SAID, "NO, DUM-DUM. CANADIAN BACON ARE CANADIAN CITIZENS, EH." BOY, HE LEARNED A LESSON THAT DAY.

ANYHOW. BIGGEST FAILURE, EH? THAT'S GOTTA BE THE RUSSIANS. NOT ONLY DID THEY LOSE IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY, WITH A ROSTER THAT'S S'POST'A GIVE EVERYONE A HARD TIME, THEY'RE COMMUNISTS TO BEGIN WITH. REMEMBER FOLKS, YOU ALREADY LOST WHEN YOU'RE SIDIN' WITH STALIN, EH. LOOK AT CROSBY: TWO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS AN' A STANLEY CUP - CANADIAN, NOT A COMMIE! NOW, YOU LOOK AT OVECHKIN: NO OLYMPIC MEDALS, NO STANLEY CUP, AN' HE'S A COMMIE.

NOW, AMERICANS AIN'T OFF THE HOOK, EH. BEIN' IN SOCHI MUST'A GOTTEN TO 'EM. YOU GOT BACKES BRINGIN' OVER DOGS FROM SOCHI, THEM RUSSIANS CLEARLY GOT TO HIM QUICK. BACKES, WHY'RE YOU BRINGIN' DOGS BACK FROM RUSSIA, EH? DON'T YOU REALIZE THEM DOGS ARE COMMUNISTS, TOO? YOU REALIZE WHAT THOSE DOGS ARE DOIN'? TALKIN' TO OTHER DOGS 'BOUT COMMUNISM, EH. "RUFF RUFF, COMRADE. WOOF WOOF, COMRADE. BARK BARK, COMRADE," EH. WHEN YOU SEE DOGS IN AMERICA START TAKIN' A DUMP ON THE GROUND IN EMBARRASSMENT, YOU KNOW WHO TO BLAME, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN I SAW AMERICANS AN' RUSSIANS GET IN BATHROOM STALLS. THIS WAS STILL BACK IN SOCHI, EH, SO YOU KNOW THEY DON'T GOT DOORS 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT TELLS 'EM ON THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, EH. ANYHOW, SO, THEY ALL GET IN THE BATHROOM, NO DOORS, AN' THE RUSSIANS WERE READIN' SOME SOVIET NEWSPAPER, WHILE THEM AMERICANS WERE READIN' BOBBY ORR'S BIOGRAPHY. BOY, I WAS SO STEAMED. YOU DON'T DISRESPECT BOBBY IN A BATHROOM! WHAT'RE YOU DOIN', YOU CRAZY AMERICANS? ANYHOW, TEAM CANADA WALKED IN, INSTALLED DOORS ON THEIR STALLS, GOT IN, AN' LEFT THE DOOR OPEN. WHAT DID THEY DO IN THE STALL? STARTED COOKIN' SOME PANCAKES WITH REAL CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP, EH. THEY PASSED 'EM AROUND TO EVERYONE. THEM AMERICANS AN' RUSSIANS WERE SO EMBARRASSED, THEY TRIED TO COOK THEIR BREAKFAST, AN' THEY REALIZED THEY AIN'T EVEN BROUGHT ANYTHIN' TO COOK WITH. WHO GOES INSIDE A BATHROOM WITHOUT A PAN? WITHOUT A STOVE? RUSSIANS, THAT'S WHO. AN' IT'S EVEN MORE EMBARRASSIN' SEEIN' 'EM AMERICANS TRY AN' COOK WITHOUT ANYTHIN' TO COOK WITH.

TEAM CANADA REMINDED ME OF BOBBY, EH. BOBBY WOULDA COOKED A FULL BREAKFAST IN THE BATHROOM. GOD LOVE 'EM.

Red_Man

Red, almost every sports reporter seems to on your most respected writer list. Arthur has a following, but nothing he's produced has every struck me as being notable - or even different than what you'd find a sports columnist write in any given national paper.
He was named Canada's best sportswriter, not an award many can hold up. He's a reputable guy, and respected highly by the likes of McKenzie, Dredger, Lavoie, etc.

Socreges

Banned
MSL wanting out = whiny bitch, big deal

Kesler wants out = no big deal

Sure.
I'm not saying it isn't a big deal. Just pointing out that illmatic says he'd be fine with the trade (as I would) yet because he dares question your dear Habs reporter he must be in "denial". Fuck skepticism, I guess.

Like I said last night, I hope they trade him. If Kesler forces their hand, excellent. Speed up the collapse please.

Smiley90

So has anything other than the Canada roster thing came up as a reason for MSL wanting out?

If not, what a whiny little bitch. My god.

Tampa is in Florida.
His family lives in Connecticut and he wants to be closer to home
Also, Tampa is in Florida.

On another note, lolMarchand

ForthrightExcitableKiskadee.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So has anything other than the Canada roster thing came up as a reason for MSL wanting out?

If not, what a whiny little bitch. My god.

Yeah, Marty has been with that team his whole career, is the Captain, and they seem primed for a decent playoff run. If he wants out, it seems to only stem from issues with Yzerman. I wouldn't expect that from him, he always struck me as a "team first" sorta guy.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Tampa is in Florida.
His family lives in Connecticut and he wants to be closer to home
Also, Tampa is in Florida.

Hey now, we all hate Florida, but this is still very unlike Marty. He's had his whole career to try to escape FLA and be near his family is he really wanted to.

Yeah, Marty has been with that team his whole career, is the Captain, and they seem primed for a decent playoff run. If he wants out, it seems to only stem from issues with Yzerman. I wouldn't expect that from him, he always struck me as a "team first" sorta guy.

That was essentially my take on it. It's so weird.

Red_Man

I'm not saying his actions are validated, but I can see his perspective considering he's the reigning Art Ross trophy winner, and has the most points of any Canadian player since 2010 and was told he wasn't good enough for the team. He's put up with being told that all his life, and he no doubt would figure Yzerman would have his back in this, and knew how important the Olympics were to a guy like Marty. Doesn't make his actions right, and only waiving his NTC for one time really fucks Yzerman, and the Lightning organization.

I'm not saying his actions are validated, but I can see his perspective considering he's the reigning Art Ross trophy winner, and has the most points of any Canadian player since 2010 and was told he wasn't good enough for the team. He's put up with being told that all his life, and he no doubt would figure Yzerman would have his back in this, and knew how important the Olympics were to a guy like Marty. Doesn't make his actions right, and only waiving his NTC for one time really fucks Yzerman, and the Lightning organization.

right, but he should know that Yzerman can't override everyone else who makes the roster decisions for team Canada. And like you said, the NY only thing just seems like it's aimed to twist the knife further regarding something that's already childish.

Top Bottom