• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

If 89.5 is a B, then the class average must've been like.... 86 or something. Which is crazy high.

Or I'm just totally confused about what the hell you're talking about.

Class averages are usually in the 70's which is a C. though grading scale has nothing to do with class averages.

Acid08

Banned
I miss Couture and Hertl :(

Demers being healthy would have been great too. Could have avoided the shitty Stuart-Hannan pairing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In the US.

0-59.9% = F
60-69.9% = D
70-79.9% = C
80-89.9% = B
90-100% = A

Is that universal? I figured if 89.5% only gave him a B the class average must've been really high. But if that's just how the scale works everywhere, then ouch.

Guys you have to excuse Smelly. He's still upset about the shut out earlier.

Given that I called it before the game even started, I'm not even that upset.

Is that universal? I figured if 89.5% only gave him a B the class average must've been really high. But if that's just how the scale works everywhere, then ouch.

Teachers usually round up after .6. Some will at .5 if you talk to them.

But those are the "official" ones. Teachers can curve to where if 48% is the average, that essentially becomes the 70%, but most don't.

Given that I called it before the game even started, I'm not even that upset.

The scale is universal and has nothing to do with class averages.

Smiley90

Knowing that you're going to suck only makes things better for so long. I know from experience dude.

I just want to get to the trade deadline without Gillis pulling some boneheaded "OMG THIS IS THE YEAR" move and trading away Tanev/Horvat/Shinkaruk/picks. That's really all I have to hope for at this point.

If that happened here, everyone would fail. :lol My Organic Chem class had a class average of 30% or so.

I was in the stadium, I didn't start shit. I went outside and saw the city in flames. :lol

Science classes are generally the ones that grade the way you're thinking because of low averages. That's called curving the grade. Depends on the teacher. Some do because a bunch of students failing would reflect horribly on them.

Smiley90

Science classes are generally the ones that grade the way you're thinking because of low averages. That's called curving the grade. Depends on the teacher. Some do because a bunch of students failing would reflect horribly on them.

Yeah I was replying to Fata's "scale is universal and has nothing to do with class averages", when the scale can obviously change based on class averages. At least that's what I'm assuming, because no prof will fail 80% of his class.

I mean, apparently 40% of all grades given are now A's. Which is super high. That was my point about "easy" schools.

He's violating the unspoken Hawks and Ducks pact, hrtc.

Thank you for your bi-monthly post. I'll see you in the playoffs if you guys make it.

It's also called the outspoken "everyone hates the Queens" pact

Yeah I was replying to Fata's "scale is universal and has nothing to do with class averages", when the scale can obviously change based on class averages. At least that's what I'm assuming, because no prof will fail 80% of his class.

I mean, apparently 40% of all grades given are now A's. Which is super high. That was my point about "easy" schools.

It's also called the outspoken "everyone hates the Queens" pact

A 40 would still be failing, often a D is also failing, when a teacher scales a test it's the grade the score that goes up, the scale doesn't really change. I don't know how Canadian grading works so I'm not sure if this is clear. :p

He's violating the unspoken Hawks and Ducks pact, hrtc.

Thank you for your bi-monthly post. I'll see you in the playoffs if you guys make it.

EAT SHIT QUEENS

Angst? Ah man I was just being your friendly salty kings fan. Was a well played game Crawford made some crazy saves. Been watching games super late as tax season is here didn't know I was missed.

I was kidding and using my bad mojo on the Kings.

Broncos lost, Clippers lost and Ducks lost. Kings can't be happy. Well they scored 3 goals. That's worth a pat on the back.

Don't worry guys. Dustin Brown is still a cunt

Acid08

Banned
Don't worry guys. Dustin Brown is still a cunt

tumblr_mzwujunWJm1qb94mio1_500.gif

Smiley90

We're playing Boston tomorrow? That's like poking a dead body.

It'll be the one game where we show up, like last time we played them.

Then we'll lose against the Leafs and half of Vancouver will line up at Lions Gate, while the other half puts on their Leafs jerseys.

Meanwhile, Quick stands on Granville furiously masturbating.

Oh btw, Quick, do you need a place to crash for Saturday?

If you really live in Victoria and are coming, of course.

Man, how did Vancouver give up a guy who hates to lose this fucking much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuFHmUa0wwc&feature=player_embedded

He's so fucking pissed.

If my team only showed up when my backup goalie played I'd be pissed too.

Top Bottom