• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Well then

pqmgZ3d.png

lol

My Twitter timeline was all 'Carlyle's hockey is back' and then briefly 'Clarkson isn't a bust' and then almost immediately 'Fuck! Franson!' and then again to 'Carlyle's hockey'. I don't even need to watch the game!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
These Valentine's Day movies coming up are making me angry, sad and making me think about a really bad idea.

You wanna try playing for the other team for a bit?

Or are you revisiting my suggestions that you whip it out and stroke it after the leafs win on Saturday?

Smiley90

Mark MacKinnon ✔ @markmackinnon
Follow
For those of you asking, when there's no lobby in your hotel, you go to the owner's bedroom to check in. #Sochi2014

LOL

1 ASSIST, +1, 7-2 ON FACEOFFS in 12:04 OF ICETIME

YA READING THIS COLDCUTCOMBOUSER33?

It's Bishop that makes me cry at night.

Try and Dream of Steen.

These Valentine's Day movies coming up are making me angry, sad and making me think about a really bad idea.

Don't do it man... Don't eat KFC.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA everything is awful.

It's almost hilarious how terrible these Olympics are going to be.

Jayhawk

Sure, I'm in.

Points only Olympic is weird. I have to pick players from teams I think will make the finals... And I don't know shit about non-NHL players lol. Except kovy.

With Smiley90 and Razorskin, that makes 8 in the league. What is your suggestion for an alternative to points-only? Remember that it's such a short tournament. This pool will at least make things interesting if the country you're rooting for pulls a Denver Broncos.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
4 goals in 3 games. Fuck this.

Weise looked great, the entire White line was the best line of the night. If he can keep up anything close to that effort over an extended period of time I'll be happy.

Fuck you!

Red, I think it's safe to say you're gonna move up after tonight. Good god my team shat the bed.
Thank you! I killed it tonight, probably one of my best nights of the season, especially for a week day.

Smiley90

I swear that game is like the anti-GAF.

Published by EA
Made by former CoD guys
360/XB1 exclusive
Online-only
No single-player
6v6, 3 mechs
Day 1 DLC
$60
Origin on PC

And yet most people on GAF are gonna buy it and then complain on GAF about how shitty it is

kingslunk

If the Stars could somehow nab Kadri from the leafs to be our #2 center... we would have a solid future. It's making me drool just thinking about it.

Red_Man

Everyone knows Kadri's always wanted to be a Hab

Bfr63ypCMAEkF8M.jpg

Yeah but you also need a team to build around them. Leafs would probably ask for Nichushkin and there goes your first line.
Centers > Wingers teams built around wingers don't win cups.

Acid08

Banned
Centers > Wingers teams built around wingers don't win cups.
Yeah but trading away your top wingers isn't a great way to build a team either. Kadri won't fix the Stars, especially if they don't have the right pieces to go with him.

And Chicago just won a Cup with Handzus as their second line center.

Red_Man

This is from Hfboards:

ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.
I don't know anything about Pearson, and I don't want Clifford.

And Chicago just won a Cup with Handzus as their second line center.
True, but Chicago has one of the most talented forward groups in the league to make up for it.

Acid08

Banned
I figured DW would be in on Markov. How is he skating these days Red? And I mean, literally how is his skating? First pass out of a zone? Turnovers?

Red_Man

His skating is his biggest issue, he can't turn well, and he can't catch anyone in a race. His value is his hockey IQ, vision, and first pass which is still tops in the league. He uses that to be positionally sound so he doesn't have to get in races with guys. The odd time though he gets beat and it's ugly. I assume any team grabbing him will be for PP purposes and more of a 2nd pairing guy, which he would excel at. The thing to be worried about is him wearing down, especially playing at the Olympics on their first pairing. He doesn't typically have a lot of turnovers, but when he gets tired from a lot of games in a lot of night with tough minutes, it shows on him and the mental lapses and turnovers become more and more common.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like a solid fit for what we need, he would definitely be on the second pairing. No doubt LA will be able to offer more though.

Red_Man

If he was put on a 2nd pairing, and the top PP unit, he would be fantastic. Right now he's playing top minutes at ES, PP and the PK. He needs that cut back, and his play would probably be a lot more consistent.

Edit: Colorado would be interesting as Bergevin apparently wanted McGinn from them for Bourque instead of Parenteau, so I could see something revolving around him and picks / prospects.

Clifford is a solid all around player. He has speed, good puck handling, checking awareness, and great fighting ability. Honestly I see a "Penner in 2012" situation with him, when he's on he's amazing when he's not you've got the body size and not much else.

Samyy

Trade first rounder and prospect

I don't know if you just don't understand the Leafs situation or something but we are horrid up the middle and giving up arguably our most promising center is not going to happen without a major piece coming back, a middle of the road prospect and a 10-15 pick isn't even close to a center who put up 40+ in 48 games last season and is on pace for 60 points in his second full season.

We would need a promising center coming back or a strong #2D.

And yet most people on GAF are gonna buy it and then complain on GAF about how shitty it is

GAF gonna GAF, I for one look forward to playing it, looks like a blast and people seemed to love it from the limited Alpha.

Edit: Yay, Xbox One update details, party system update, battery indicator, and storage management. They listened! :D

Top Bottom