• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the Kings trade Brown I can be bros with Clydefrog :O

Trade Brown to... Uh... The Habs. Yeah.

kingslunk

Still too much when there will be 15 minutes of gameplay.

Bouncerbox.jpg

Did you forget about this beauty?

Acid08

Banned
Stalock starting in goal, Burish back tonight after missing the last 5 months with a back injury. At least our bottom six is getting a little less AHL I guess.

Kennedy and Demers could be back next game. Torres and Couture guaranteed back first game after the Olympic break. Only piece missing will be Hertl :( eat shit and die Dustin Brown.

Article in the Province mentions the Canucks going for Vanek. I guess if you're going for rentals might as well go for the biggest ones (does anyone remember Derek Roy?)

It's not like Vanek is lighting it up playing with Tavares, so it's hard to see him doing much more with Kesler or the Sedins.

EDIT: Pokemon Bank out? omg

Not for everyone, but I love the exploration in those games. Reminds me of Ultima 4 and 5, which is probably older than most of GAF, :lol

Nah I love exploration. Ultima 5 was my first game I ever played. I barely spoke English back then.

I played Morrowind to death but Oblivion didn't hook me for some reason. I hear Skyrim is much better though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Skyrim was weird. I played a TON every single day after release. Loved it. Then a quest bugged out for me in Markarth (or whatever the city is called). I set it aside for a few days with plans to get back it. Then never touched it again. :/

Samyy

Such broke Konami. Do they make any big sellers beyond MGS?

The new Castlevania series did okay I think, beyond that not really that I know of.
Whats I a video game? 4 midterms + job recruiting + work :(
I just want to finish Zelda dammit - I'm at the last dungeon and I'm so close to beating it, so good!

Skyrim was weird. I played a TON every single day after release. Loved it. Then a quest bugged out for me in Markarth (or whatever the city is called). I set it aside for a few days with plans to get back it. Then never touched it again. :/

This happened to me once and I stopped playing, then I hit a wall where I was waaaaaaay under level for the shit I was doing but I was so far along that I didn't want to just drop it. Then I got turned into a vampire and the process for curing that was a bastard, then I got turned into a vampire again and I stopped playing. But the reason I think it's a better game than Oblivion is because the world is much more interesting and dungeons are just dungeons instead of "lol this is hellish and it kinda sucks to be here" like the Oblivion gates. Also I'm a sucker for vikings and viking-esque shit.

Razorskin

----- ------
This happened to me once and I stopped playing, then I hit a wall where I was waaaaaaay under level for the shit I was doing but I was so far along that I didn't want to just drop it. Then I got turned into a vampire and the process for curing that was a bastard, then I got turned into a vampire again and I stopped playing. But the reason I think it's a better game than Oblivion is because the world is much more interesting and dungeons are just dungeons instead of "lol this is hellish and it kinda sucks to be here" like the Oblivion gates. Also I'm a sucker for vikings and viking-esque shit.

Once you got through a couple of Oblivion gates, you don't want to go through them again. And their appearance in the wild is just annoying.
*sky suddenly turns red*
"Ah not this shit again"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is how they'll greet him in Dallas.
tumblr_n01p0dMLbV1qzd5nyo1_500.gif

Article in the Province mentions the Canucks going for Vanek. I guess if you're going for rentals might as well go for the biggest ones (does anyone remember Derek Roy?)

It's not like Vanek is lighting it up playing with Tavares, so it's hard to see him doing much more with Kesler or the Sedins.
I get that the Canuck's window is closing and all, but trading for Vanek seems like it would be a pretty big mistake. The price will be huge, and it's hard to see him having a big enough impact for them to warrant it. Especially when it's pretty common knowledge he's going to go to Minnesota next season.

Once you got through a couple of Oblivion gates, you don't want to go through them again. And their appearance in the wild is just annoying.
*sky suddenly turns red*
"Ah not this shit again"

Yep. I fucking hated those things so much. I ended up doing all of the side shit available and ignored the gates until it wouldn't let me anymore. Then I just stopped playing.

Sanjuro

I just turned into my sports radio to hear about Kane pooping next to his goaltender, post turd relaxation in a tiny bed, and then throwing the series just to get the fuck out of Sochi.

"I'm not pooping for two weeks next to this guy. GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Nah I love exploration. Ultima 5 was my first game I ever played. I barely spoke English back then.

I played Morrowind to death but Oblivion didn't hook me for some reason. I hear Skyrim is much better though.

Nice! Skyrim is much better for sure. I played ton of Oblivion though and was won of my favorite/most played 360 games.

*sky suddenly turns red*
"Ah not this shit again"

I tried to finish the main story as quick as possible so I didn't have to deal with the gates.

calder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Erik Erlendsson@erlendssonTBO 1 min
#tblightning star Steven Stamkos has not been medically cleared to return this weekend, will not participate in Olympics

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Erik Erlendsson@erlendssonTBO 1 min
#tblightning star Steven Stamkos has not been medically cleared to return this weekend, will not participate in Olympics

So you are saying we might actually beat Tampa this weekend? No wait, probably not.

I'm pulling Red for the Olympics and cheering on Russia! Cheer with me comrades!!! Or Sweden, I guess after that would be the Swiss, then the USA.

Red_Man

Is there any way that Yzerman can say no to St Louis again? Especially after how he's played since his first snub?

calder

Im assuming Team Canada didn't want to take him if couldn't play at least a game beforehand.

I think this is much more the Lightning and his agent strongly suggested he wasn't ready yet. And it's gotta be the right call, if he's not ready to play in the NHL today then he's just too much of a risk to go to the Olympics. It's the right call for the Lightning and probably Stamkos' long term future for sure, and honestly if he's still a week away from being cleared for NHL play - to say nothing of how long he'll take to fully get up to speed when he DOES start playing again - then Team Canada is probably better off with someone else.

St. Louis should be the backup, or maybe Giroux I guess.

Red_Man

St. Louis should be the backup, or maybe Giroux I guess.
They're 1 & 2 in Canadian players for points since 2010-2011. Hopefully it's MSL, although with how Giroux has played, you can't be upset with that pick either.

Curufinwe

This is much better for Stamkos than rushing back and reinjuring his leg. It sucks for him to miss the Olympics, but he has another 15 years to play hockey.

ZeroGravity

Wow. Wonder what forced them to make that decision now. That really sucks.
He had an x-ray taken today. I'm going to guess it didn't come back as positive as they were hoping.

EDIT: Yup

Yzerman: "the tibia is not completely healed and therefore he should not be participating in game action at any time in the near future''

calder

He had an x-ray taken today. I'm going to guess it didn't come back as positive as they were hoping.

EDIT: Yup

Makes perfect sense, and I'm sure a lot of the people involved were relieved to see the xray provide such a clear sign that he's not ready yet. The worst thing would have been if it looked barely ok or inconclusive and then Stamkos probably wants to push it and go.

Red_Man

It's the best for Stamkos career, it's just unfortunate seeing as how hard he worked to try and get back in time.

ZeroGravity

It's the best for Stamkos career, it's just unfortunate seeing as how hard he worked to try and get back in time.
Yeah, especially since I wouldn't be surprised at all if the NHL doesn't go to South Korea in 2018. It could be eight years until he gets another chance.

Red_Man

Stamkos, Bishop, Hedman, possbily St Louis all resting during the Olympic break lol......East better watch out

Lavoie Renaud said:
Heard last week that their was a good chance that Martin St-Louis will be in Sochi.
I don't see how Yzerman turns down his captain twice.

Razorskin

----- ------
Stamkos, Bishop, Hedman, possbily St Louis all resting during the Olympic break lol......East better watch out

I don't see how Yzerman turns down his captain twice.
Yzerman wants nothing to do with that vanilla midget, Big Joe Thorton is going Sochi

pringles

It always seemed to good to be true that he was going to make it back in time.

Sucks for the Olympics. Good for Tampa, maybe he'll be 100% come playoffs.

Sanjuro

It's best for Stamkos health. Coming off an injury and entering a truck stop restroom hosting the Olympics doesn't sound like the best recover path.

Top Bottom