• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Acid08

Banned
Third highest attendance of the outdoor games, beaten only by the first two Winter Classic games. That's pretty cool! California hockey y'all.

http://i.imgur.com/fl5SjEl.gifv
That was apparently a good goal. I bet kingslump is face first in a gutter somewhere.

Makeup call for all the times Abby has had a goal waved off from not interfering with the goalie....

But he flat out checked him right there, was totally interference and shouldn't have counted... but it wasn't and we still won so I'll take it for now.

Edit: and yes if that happened to us I would be rage hard right now, won't even deny that one.

Yeah, thought is was pretty neat.

2ZHSUdy.gif

Vancouver home games have a nice angle like this that they use a lot. More teams should do it.

Clydefrog

I have a feeling it's going to come down to that last game with San Jose whether or not someone makes the playoffs.

... n'oh my god.

Tim Thompson @b0undless
Unfortunately, I won't be working for Hockey Night In Canada anymore. I was let go today. I'll be back at CBC Sports & am excited about it.

Rogers pls

Guess we get more Batman montages.

keezy

I usually don't blame the refs for ruining a game. But that no call on goalie interference with Abdekadr and Lehtonen was ridiculous.

Oh well... The Wings will enjoy an early playoff exit again this year.

Insert dancing salt shaker gif here.

Man, Nathan Beaulieu is improving so much I was watching him the entire game last night. He was making Subban like moves. He's going to be someone to watch in the near future.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I do wonder how the Wings will do against the powerhouses of Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Montreal. Those are all winnable series for them. Have fun facing whatever team comes out of the West though...

Hmmmmmmm

All they have to do at this point is put two guys on Pacioretty the entire game, nobody else can score.

Sanjuro

Dude what is happening in Boston

Will they make the playoffs

It's been the same stuff I've been complaining about for years. Claude doesn't know how to adapt, and there is some disconnect when it comes to the organizations philosophies and what is presented on the ice.

Create a hard hitting team with some talented role players. Cool. Now many teams are using this blueprint and the skaters we have in our possession aren't meeting the criteria. Surely our coach can make some radical changes! No. We have Claude Julien.

Does that mean we are going to miss the playoffs or not be effective in them? Not necessarily. It's just a frustrating brand of hockey and it's a shame to see the talent that is there wasted.

Sanjuro

No and they are gonna fire Churchill because of 1 shitty season.

Hasn't it been reported that Can Neely is the turd that wanted to trade Seguin and Churchill wanted to keep him?

I doubt it. I think the problem I have with most people who are yelling "You got rid of Seguin!?" fail to look at the big picture. They see Seguin on his way out, I see a pattern of Seguin/Kessel/Thornton on their way out. On the other side you can argue that the philosophy worked effectively in...let's say two seasons and changed the culture around here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt it. I think the problem I have with most people who are yelling "You got rid of Seguin!?" fail to look at the big picture. They see Seguin on his way out, I see a pattern of Seguin/Kessel/Thornton on their way out. On the other side you can argue that the philosophy worked effectively in...let's say two seasons and changed the culture around here.
Kessel/Seguin/Thornton out but you guys got a Cup and a final appearance. What you guys need are more lopsided trades with Toronto.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Was that Beaulieu's best game in the NHL last night? What a pass to Patches. He's playing with so much confidence right now, it's amazing to watch. Might have to get his jersey sooner than I had planned.

http://i.imgur.com/fl5SjEl.gifv
That was apparently a good goal. I bet kingslump is face first in a gutter somewhere.
Wings controlled most of the play, that's what happens.

Cake Boss

Banned
Insert Pageau quote...

oh man give me another Snes Habs series.

The dream is still alive... 10.6% chance of taking the wildcard spot

Top Bottom