• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Marvie_3

Banned
Love the Vermette deal. Wanted him on the Hawks a few years ago but he was sent to Phoenix instead. Hopefully we can find a way to keep him after this year but I doubt it. If both Sharp/Bickell are dealt, then we might have room for him.

Dahlbeck is an alright player but nowhere near the Hawks' best D prospect. There's at least 3-4 guys ahead of him in the Hawks pool. He's a steady dman but he's never going to set the world on fire with anything he does.

I'm fine with dealing the pick because it's not like Chicago is going to be picking in the top 5. It's a "deep" draft but there's still no guarantee the player they'd draft is ever going to amount to anything. The Hawks already have a fuckton of prospects that we don't have room for so missing out on adding another to the pile isn't a big deal.

Vermette fills several holes that the Hawks have right now. Their center depth is sketchy at best. Richards is running out of gas so Vermette taking his minutes should help him recharge a bit for the playoffs. Outside of Toews/Kruger, there's nobody on the Hawks that can consistently win faceoffs. Vermette will help there. On top of it all, he's solid defensively. Given how bad the Hawks' defense has been this year, any help is a plus. Getting another center allows Shaw to move over to wing permanently, a position that he's a LOT more effective in.

Sharp is most likely here until the offseason now. Clearly the Hawks are going for it. Sharp has always been a streaky player so they're probably hoping that he can somehow snap out of the funk he's been in all season and produce during the playoffs. It's still possible they deal him now but his potential upside in the playoffs is a lot higher than Joel Ward/etc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
B--2UVqUsAElW4d.jpg:large

The battle begins now. :eek:

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The yotes have lost 9 in a row? damn they're taking tanking lessons from the Leafs

zroid

Banned
B--2UVqUsAElW4d.jpg:large

The battle begins now. :eek:

I think Leafs are safe below Carolina. Canes are decent since getting healthy, and the Leafs have already traded 3 of their most effective players this season.

The goal differential gap between Arizona and us makes me feel pretty confident we're not getting any lower than 27th though. I'm okay with this.

I think Leafs are safe below Carolina. Canes are decent since getting healthy, and the Leafs have already traded 3 of their most effective players this season.

The goal differential gap between Arizona and us makes me feel pretty confident we're not getting any lower than 27th though. I'm okay with this.

You guys are going to get one of Marner/Strome/Hanifin.

Not a whole lot better than that. I'm pretty jealous tbh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a bad feeling about this one, honestly.

We'll see how we get started.

Not a surprise.

That's a huge missed opportunity to take first back from the Islanders. We're not likely to see it again for a while. The next 5: Predators, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Islanders, Capitals.

lol

That would be such a Maple Leafs pick. I really hope that doesn't happen.

But my number one wish is Eichel doesn't go to Edmonton. USA's next big thing shouldn't be in that shithole.

I feel like Eichel's tires are being pumped to create a more interesting narrative instead of McDavid, McDavid, McDavid...Not to say he won't be a good player.

zroid

Banned
Since Toronto isn't catching Buffalo or Edmonton, the only way it happens is if the Leafs win the lottery, but it would be pretty awesome if Buffalo and Toronto got McDavid and Eichel.

The Sabres are our true geographic rivals, it would be great

I feel like Eichel's tires are being pumped to create a more interesting narrative instead of McDavid, McDavid, McDavid...Not to say he won't be a good player.

you might be right, but I think it might be a case of like, instead of Crosby you're getting Malkin

Acid08

Banned
DW and Habs assistant GM have been talking for a while at the game, apparently. Not sure what deal, if any, works there.

I remember Sakic shooting a puck into Nabokov's glove and the entire glove went into the net and it was no goal, because they couldn't see the puck. Did they change it so they could actually assume?

I like Tommy Wingels. He plays hard. He hits hard. And he looks like he should be a member of one of my favorite bands, The Replacements.

The-Replacements.jpg
wingels_zps9f7f3b5c.jpg

Edit: So the Avs are not going down easy.

I'm just confused how they let McCunt run Dubnyk to score a goal and they let Landeskog crosscheck Bergenheim in the back like four times but they call a hooking penalty on Bergenheim when he pokes the back of Guenin's knee.

Why are referees so inconsistent?

Top Bottom