• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

6f7cdc9c47bfa6a23c3216dae4ca8fba.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
HAYES!

EDIT: I wonder if Detroit challenges that. An interesting call, because Howard was actually the one who tripped Lindberg.

I genuinely have no idea what the correct ruling is here. I think it should be a good goal because Lindberg was outside of the crease, but this is a tough one.

zroid

Banned
Yikes, I'd say that's intererence. When you get dinged in the head, it's going to impair your ability to make a save for a few seconds.

Stasis

Overturned? That's kinda lame. I get that he was interfered with, but it was by his own doing...

Crease should have been the deciding factor there, unless there's a rule I don't know...

edit: Ah, rule 69.3. OK, that's fine.

Stasis

I can't remember the exact rule but they described it. Rule 69.3 describes pretty much what happened, and results in a disallowed goal.

Still a tough call, even based on that. But I understand playing it safe.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it's like all those goals that get called back when a player is standing outside the crease to screen the goalie, but the goalie skates forward into them while making the save and the puck gets past them. They call that off for incidental contact because the offending player didn't allow the goalie enough space to play the puck. I think it's a bullshit rule at that point, since the player is OUTSIDE the crease. It's the goalies fault at that point in where they try to position themselves.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember the exact rule but they described it. Rule 69.3 describes pretty much what happened, and results in a disallowed goal.

Still a tough call, even based on that. But I understand playing it safe.

69.3 pertains to contact within the crease, though.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates
contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the
goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be
disallowed.
If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his
goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the
goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s
ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be
disallowed.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry Rangers fans, Detroit can't win a shootout to save their life. This game is gonna end just like the one last year where you guys won 1-0 in a shoot out.

Top Bottom