• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nothing actually. I like him. Bryce Harper is the one who pisses me off. He is like the Sydney Crosby of the NHL to me. He is really fucking good but is bitchy as fuck and douchey as hell.

He probably is a really cool guy but I loved the Papelbon/Harper dust up.
Bryce Harper is such a bitch. The Crosby comparison is pretty accurate.

CFO7Ip0.jpg

I can dig it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Was the Gudas hit legit clipping? It was right along the boards so I didn't get a good look at it and they wouldn't replay it in the arena. Feel bad for that Lessio kid, he looked in rough shape, couldn't put any weight on his right leg.

How did the fans treat you? Normally I have heard at Wells Fargo as long as you can talk shit back you are good but Habs will be pretty "safe" from the craziness. it's not like the Pens or Rags.

I'm still pissed I have never been to a Flyers home game... I have been to only away games... I can't wait for the day I get to see them play at home. I was hoping it would be this spring but my crazy school schedule/internship shit won't let that happen. Maybe next season!

I have at least seen my Phillies play in Citizen Bell a couple times.
I actually didn't wear any Habs gear, I didn't want to risk it having never been to WF and knowing the reputation Philly sports fans have in general. After going I wish I had worn my jersey though, the crowd was great, but I was also 20 rows up from center ice. If I was in the nose bleeds I probably would have gotten ribbed a lot more. It really is a great arena for a hockey game, and the crowd was really into it, probably my most enjoyable game in an opponents arena. The area surrounding it is really cool too with the football and baseball fields there. I highly recommend you get there asap, the crowd after the win was really fun.

Omg this game center update is incredible, 60fps and clarity I don't even get from NBC HD broadcasts. So good.

I watched the Leafs game on TV tonight, but glad to hear it. Gamecenter was such shit quality before, nothing I'd ever want to pay for (getting it now because it comes with Rogers internet services).

Also, Leaf logo looks great.

Bryce Harper is such a bitch. The Crosby comparison is pretty accurate.

He is so fucking good though. I think baseball fans will end up revering him more than NHL fans will revere Crosby though. Rivalries aside.

I actually didn't wear any Habs gear, I didn't want to risk it having never been to WF and knowing the reputation Philly sports fans have in general. After going I wish I had worn my jersey though, the crowd was great, but I was also 20 rows up from center ice. If I was in the nose bleeds I probably would have gotten ribbed a lot more. It really is a great arena for a hockey game, and the crowd was really into it, probably my most enjoyable game in an opponents arena. The area surrounding it is really cool too with the football and baseball fields there. I highly recommend you get there asap, the crowd after the win was really fun.

Yeah I need to. Probably the "safest" Philly venue is Phillies games just due to baseball in general but when it comes to the Mets it's like the Penguins came into town almost :lol

But I am glad to hear you had a good time! Now go check out Philly it really is an awesome town (have you ever been?) even though people love to shit on it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Desharnais and I locked eyes during warm up, I looked straight into his soul and let him know how much I hate him.

But I am glad to hear you had a good time! Now go check out Philly it really is an awesome town (have you ever been?) even though people love to shit on it
I've been around Philly, this isn't my first time here, just first time to see the Flyers play. I like the city for what it is, reminds me of a bigger version of a city local to myself actually. A lot of history there.

CFO7Ip0.jpg

I can dig it.

Hahaha

As for the new Leafs logo: I like it. It'll take a bit of time to get used to, but it's nice and they did a good job on it.

I'm excited to see the new jerseys, and wonder if I should maybe try to get these three for cheap when the new ones or announced. Or save the money for new ones. These ones are great, though.

I've been around Philly, this isn't my first time here, just first time to see the Flyers play. I like the city for what it is, reminds me of a bigger version of a city local to myself actually. A lot of history there.

Yeah I love the history of Philly the most. But they also have an amazing art and music scene.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Keith Yandle only played 2:47 on the power play tonight. Compare that to, say, Ryan McDonagh, who played 5:02.

The fuck?

Quick

Banned
I've only been to Philly once, and I ended up at Galleria mall.

I didn't get to explore due to time constraints and bad weather.

zroid

Banned
I've been to Philly so many times, but never really did any "tourist" things 'cause I always just spend the whole time in the suburbs at my relatives' place.

Although we usually do go downtown for cheesesteaks :lol

I've only been to Philly once, and I ended up at Galleria mall.

I didn't get to explore due to time constraints and bad weather.

I wanna head down to Philadelphia some day

Cool place. Especially if you like art or music like I said to Red.

Also a ton of history. The Liberty Bell is cool but it is kind of one of the things that is cool, take a pic and leave. The musuems are top notch. Idk I love and miss Philly so much. Only really ever there in the summer so never got to go to WFC :(

Quick

Banned
There was something really amusing to me when I was on Broad street.

And being a huge Rocky fan, seeing the bridge and the docks were cool as hell. Didn't see the statue though.

I remember when Justin Schultz was the talk of NHL insiders, and how jealous I was that the Oilers signed him.

What happened?

He made his choice to play for a team that would give him a lot of minutes. Didn't want to play in Anaheim and compete for a spot or have Scott Niedermayer give him tips and pointers.

Erdrick

Let me put my Mariners hat on for a second

FUCK MIKE TROUT

Woah, a fellow Mariners fan? Nice.

That shit ain't cool man. Also lol Mariners.

Hey, they can't be too much worse than last year. They virtually changed everyone minus some core pieces. I'm hoping they can go back to the year before last, with a bullpen that was freaking excellent. Gonna be an interesting season come April. I'm excited for it.

Erdrick

Griffey tho! he is my favorite player of all time. Even over Mike Schmidt and Chase Utley.

If he had stayed healthy, in my mind, he would be without a doubt the greatest player to ever play.

Griffey Jr. was so good man. The smoothest swing I've ever seen in baseball. He's always gonna be a Mariner to me. So glad I got to see him play. One of the all time greats.

Marvie_3

Banned
Griffey Jr. was so good man. The smoothest swing I've ever seen in baseball. He's always gonna be a Mariner to me. So glad I got to see him play. One of the all time greats.
Its crazy to think what his numbers would have been if he didnt spend a decade on the DL

Erdrick

Its crazy to think what his numbers would have been if he didnt spend a decade on the DL

they would be like my road to the show numbers other than the ridiculously high BA. everything else though would be way fucking up there. Probably 800 HRs

Kind of the same way how I look at things now with Jagr, had he played more of his professional career in the NHL. He'd surely be closer to the top than he is now. Not that he's any slouch as is, right now.

Griffey Jr. was just something special to behold. Plus I really enjoyed the first SNES Baseball game of his lol

Erdrick

Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr, brotherrr. Logged too many hours on that game.

While the SNES wasn't much for sports games (Ever play NHLPA 93 on the Genesis and then try the SNES one? One of the worst versions ever. Absolute garbage in comparison. You couldn't even edit lines and God help you if you expected anything over like... 15 fps. Just trash.) that baseball game has a special place in my heart. It just had a sense of charm and wasn't as serious, dry or boring as some other games at the time were. A great game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh the one I played was on n64. >_> I'm not sure what the snes version was called
Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr.

That one was awesome because it had a cheat code you could enter that would make Griffey hit a home run every time.

Top Bottom