• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Granlund is 22
Shinkaruk is 21

Granlund has been a PPG player in the AHL but has struggled with the Flames. Shinkaruk just became a PPG player in the AHL and hasn't really been given much time in the NHL.

*shrug*

This is probably how Benning looked at it. However, Shinkaruk has played one NHL game on a team ranked 29th in goals scored and 25th on the PP, so I don't see why he wasn't given a chance. My guess is that he wasn't ready and the Canucks weren't willing to wait.

Granlund is a centre as well, on a team with Henrik, Horvat, McCann, Vey, and Sutter (injured). I wonder if there are more trades on the way.

Socreges

Banned
Benning didn't like Shinkaruk. Can guess that much. I wonder if we'll get an explanation.

what goes on in the mind of jim benning

i don't
XVyIIW.gif

Shinkaruk was the player I was hoping the leafs were going to take in the 13 draft, then they went and picked elite #4C Freddy the Goat instead.

Looks like Shinkaruk has had a pretty good season in the AHL

That was a bad pick but I'll be damned if I don't love me some Freddy the Goat. Crushing jigsaw puzzles all day every day.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
Funny how CGY/VAN have become trading partners (Baertschi and Shinkaruk/Granlund). Interesting common denominator? John Weisbrod perhaps?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
Weisbrod was CGY AGM when Baertschi/Granlund were there and Shinkaruk passed over by CGY to draft Emile Poirier. Weisbrod now VAN AGM.

found this kind of funny

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait we DIDNT trade for the Wild's Granlund? Man that's what I thought first and was like "that's an amazing trade why are people complaining"

Now? What the fuck Benning

Can we get Burke back?

Yawnier

Banned
dubas and morrison at the st louis game

The leafs trading Kadri to the blues when his shooting% is at an all time low would be the leafiest thing ever. As I said earlier, it would be the Alex Steen trade all over again.

Also how the fuck does Dave Morrison still have a job in the organization? He's been around since John Ferguson Jr

Samyy

The leafs trading Kadri to the blues when his shooting% is at an all time low would be the leafiest thing ever. As I said earlier, it would be the Alex Steen trade all over again.

Also how the fuck does Dave Morrison still have a job in the organization? He's been around since John Ferguson Jr

I think this current group understands all that stuff and aren't going to undervalue him based on a shooting %

if it were to happen with zaitsev likely going to leafs...

that could leave potential for leafs trying to acquire edmonton's first with rielly as the centerpiece

Parayko Rielly

Zaitsev Gardner.

That probably wouldn't work.

We'll see on Trade Deadline!

Who knows! you might get Fabbri

calder

Thomas Drance
@ThomasDrance
Benning mentions Rodin + Baertschi as reasons why Hunter Shinkaruk was seen as - and i'm paraphrasing with this last word - redundant.

Good lord! Chevy is looking better all the time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I don't mind if they trade him, but they'd better get an awful good return because he only had an off season and definitely could be a Steen and likely better.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't mind if they trade him, but they'd better get an awful good return because he only had an off season and definitely could be a Steen and likely better.

Yeah that's what I mean. If they trade Kadri for another Lee Stempniak then RIP

I don't have much interest in someone like Fabbri. We already got a gazillion forward prospects under 6 foot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
well i remember when kadri broke out a couple years ago, Armstrong was absolutely GUSHING over him

so he will probably be willing to spend a little bit more for him than others

"Everyone in our business should take note of this," said St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong. "We're all guilty of wanting more and asking too much of our young players. We're all guilty of impatience. And when a player doesn't meet our expectations, we turn to someone else.

"Time was we used to draft Europeans and not even bring them over until they were 22, 23, 24. And they played right away. But we draft these kids at 18 and we're not willing to wait on them. And you see something like this and you realize how wrong you can be."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's what I mean. If they trade Kadri for another Lee Stempniak then RIP

I don't have much interest in someone like Fabbri. We already got a gazillion forward prospects under 6 foot.
Definitely would be a younger player. I wouldn't worry so much. This new management hasn't made a particularly bad trade yet.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
David Ebner
@DavidEbner

Benning on agm John Weisbrod's voice in Shinaruk-Granlund trade: "He was a big reason why we went through and made this deal."

No. Fucking. Shit.

zroid

Banned
BoboMac implied that SJ may also have offered two 2nds for Gudas

maybe Philly wasn't willing to sell, or Toronto sweetened the pie by offering to take Torres

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Emelin dropped the gloves from time to time just so stupid GMs would think he was a good, tough, stay at home defenceman. I think being Russian hurts his trade value more than just being shitty at defense. If he were Canadian he'd probably get a 3rd rounder.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In what universe do Polak and Spaling each fetch 2nd rounders?

This deadline is going to be as dumb as ever

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Weise not on the ice for practice, but Bobby Mac saying it's because he's sick...

Edit: Confirmed sick. Motherfucker wants to stay so bad he's feigning sickness.

no weise in pre-game warmup

you ready to panic trade? montreal is!
A panic trade would have happened 6 weeks ago, you know, when they would have been panicking.

Top Bottom