• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Socreges

Banned
I expect a few decent trades today. GMs will want to enjoy their weekend and not leave it to chance on Monday.

Benning to make at least two more superficially strategic and quizzical moves.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast took a puck to the face at practice today.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 22m 22 minutes ago
Fast helped off ice at practice. Shot deflected off stick and into his face. Faceguard bloodied. Blood dripping from nose. Cheek gashed

Lovely.

Pens need to get Hamhuis

not sure if they can afford him though :\

giphy.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Eklund said:
On Pacioretty Available?

I have had a hard time coming to terms with this possibility because I believe Max to be one of the biggest parts of the solutions in Montreal....but too many sources have told me otherwise and today it is rampant. I am not sure if this connects to Yakupov or if this may have something to do with Drouin...
It'll never happen but wow that would be a super fun bomb to drop on Monday.

yyzjohn

Banned
The whole Jared Cowen thing is funny how it's played out. Remember when he was drafted, Murray approached Burke right before the Kadri pick and wanted to make a deal. Leafs fans were saying Burke shut down Murray because Ottawa wanted Kadri and Burke said "well we're drafting him". Then Sens fans were like "Murray faked out Burke, we really wanted Cowen!! Ha ha you guys were fleeced!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast has a broken nose. If he is able to breathe ok, he'll play tomorrow in Dallas. If not, Dylan McIlrath will play forward.

Meanwhile, Rick Nash had another MRI which came up clean. He'll be able to resume lower body workouts (but not skating) in 7-10 days. So it sounds like he's weeks away from returning.

Hopefully by the time he comes back he'll have been gone so long that he goes right into Regular Season Rick Nash mode and not Playoffs Rick Nash mode.

Silexx

The whole Jared Cowen thing is funny how it's played out. Remember when he was drafted, Murray approached Burke right before the Kadri pick and wanted to make a deal. Leafs fans were saying Burke shut down Murray because Ottawa wanted Kadri and Burke said "well we're drafting him". Then Sens fans were like "Murray faked out Burke, we really wanted Cowen!! Ha ha you guys were fleeced!"

I remember that. There was a lot of heat-of-the-moment/homer reactions going on. However, Murray did eventually admit that Kadri was in fact who the Sens were targeting, but Cowen was also highly regarded, in their eyes.

yyzjohn

Banned
I remember that. There was a lot of heat-of-the-moment/homer reactions going on. However, Murray did eventually admit that Kadri was in fact who the Sens were targeting, but Cowen was also highly regarded, in their eyes.

It's just a cautionary tale for fans not to get too hyped up on draft day. I mean Kadri is rounding out nicely into a player now, but it's taken quite a while.

Top Bottom