• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

We already have a better version of Liles in Barrie, but I wonder if he's better than Bodnarchuk or Holden defensively these days? I don't think he's an actual solution to our defensive woes, but I always like him when he was here so that's why I ask.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Interesting. I mean the Devils are a point out of a playoff spot. That is weird to me and the Canes are only a point behind them.

Isn't Staal an UFA this year?

Carolina' has played 2 more games than Detroit and 4 more than Pittsburgh. Carolina's three losses this week basically fucked them.

Syrinx

Would Liles actually be of interest to some teams? I'm guessing this means he's been playing okay this season.
I mean, you got a second each for Polak and I don't even remember the other guy. Plus the Canes got an early fourth for Tim Gleason just last year.

Pretty much any pending UFA dman on an NHL roster will get interest if put on the market. Liles' biggest issue is probably his cap hit.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not gonna lie, I will be kind of sad when I see Staal or Ward in a jersey other than the Hurricanes. :( I hope that the trade is just a rental and they comes back to Carolina next season.

That being said, with the level of talent we have in our youth we should be good next season. We just need some high scoring forwards.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Trade predictions:

1. E.Staal - High performing NHL ready prospect forward (Nylander type), or a young forward who is ready to be a first or second linder

2. Versteeg - 2nd rounder, maybe a 2nd or 3rd liner

3. Ward - probably another goalie, either a prospect or a backup. Canes have a couple goalies in the system who should be ready to move up in a year or so though.

4. Liles - 3rd rounder is the best bet. probably some prospects

5. Nash - 3rd or 4th rounder, or a 3rd/4th liner

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't imagine Habs do much now on Monday. Unless there's another move like Eller / Pleks something like that.

And now a real quote:

A now a real quote from the guy who coaches him:

McLellan said:
I wouldn’t put them all in that category but there are some who should be embarrassed when they leave,” he leveled without going full Pat Quinn and saying they “sucked the hind banana.”

Asked if the time has come to staple guys to the bench, McLellan said “We’re probably talking about two or three guys in particular — one, maybe — and he should be,” he said, narrowing it down to Justin Schultz.

When your agent asked directly and specifically about Schultz, McLellan didn’t dodge the question.

“A pretty disappointing night for him as an individual and it affected the team,” he said.

Syrinx

Trade predictions:

1. E.Staal - High performing NHL ready prospect forward (Nylander type), or a young forward who is ready to be a first or second linder

2. Versteeg - 2nd rounder, maybe a 2nd or 3rd liner

3. Ward - probably another goalie, either a prospect or a backup. Canes have a couple goalies in the system who should be ready to move up in a year or so though.

4. Liles - 3rd rounder is the best bet. probably some prospects

5. Nash - 3rd or 4th rounder, or a 3rd/4th liner
Really don't see anybody trading a Nylander type for Eric. Best shot at that would probably be getting Buchnevich from the Rangers, but they've gotten so thin I can't picture them parting with him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The drouin monologue by bob makes me think Toronto is all over it

Salary of bum players? Hellls yeah we will take everyone you don't like for drouin lol

Sounds like something like Corrado + Kapanen (in that range or less) + picks (2nd + 3rd/4th?) For carle + drouin

Value might be a bit off but am spitballing

Leafs did a lot of roster shifts, maybe opening room on NHL roster. I guess we will see if Cowen was waived due to trade around noon time

yyzjohn

Banned
Trade predictions:

Any GM that trades a "Nylander type" for a soon to be 32 year old Staal with 10 goals should be immediately fired.

zroid

Banned
Cowen clears waivers lol

good luck with the Marlies, Jared

edit: Woah Laich on waivers

edit2: Arizona claimed Cakes :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

LOOOOOOOOOLLLL COWENNNNN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

😂😂😂😂😂😹😹😹😹

Top Bottom