• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Socreges

Banned
So apparently because of that CBA loophole Demko becomes a UFA after his last year of college hockey. Unless he chooses to leave school this summer and sign with the Canucks. But why wouldn't he just finish his degree at which point he goes from 1 option to 30.

:(

Can someone explain this loophole and why it applies for some and not others? Same reason Oilers got Schultz and the Wild got Reilly, IIRC.

Edit - I guess it's because the Canucks have 3 years to sign him from the date of the draft, but with college players they don't need to sign in that time frame as they're still in school.... unless they felt waiting would be risky due to injury... But with college students they'd have a career waiting anyhow...

Quick

Banned
So apparently because of that CBA loophole Demko becomes a UFA after his last year of college hockey. Unless he chooses to leave school this summer and sign with the Canucks. But why wouldn't he just finish his degree at which point he goes from 1 option to 30.

:(

Can someone explain this loophole and why it applies for some and not others? Same reason Oilers got Schultz and the Wild got Reilly, IIRC.

I thought the league closed this loophole up. I guess not.

Did I hear Cox say that Reimer asked for $6M?

Yeah, $6 million. Wow.

Cocks saying Will Ny is coming up after the deadline. I don't even know if it's worth it. Might as well keep him on the Marlies at this point.

Merguson

Banned
Did I hear Cox say that Reimer asked for $6M?

you want how much?

that's it no more starting in net

f241035840966b3e290d0959b34dfd40.gif

in the trading market you go

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If Reimer is worth $6M what's Price worth- the entire salary cap?
I think it was a number that was clearly thought out to force a trade.

There's no way he gets that from any team when he hits the market, which sucks cause I want him to be successful.

I also don't see him taking over the starting reins anywhere as well...he might be stuck being a back up or simply just out of the game if he thinks he's going to get that.

I don't like that trade but the Leafs certainly going to give Reimer that much and there wouldn't be much term on it either so, GG Reimer.

Socreges

Banned
I thought the league closed this loophole up. I guess not.

Yeah, $6 million. Wow.

Cocks saying Will Ny is coming up after the deadline. I don't even know if it's worth it. Might as well keep him on the Marlies at this point.
Nope. But now that I (think I) understand it, it makes sense. Though it places more risk on drafting prospects who go to school.

Canucks just need to sign him this summer and send him to Utica for a year. Then the Markstrom-Demko tandem can rule the league in 2017.

Until a controversy inevitably erupts and both are traded for 2018 3rd rd picks.

Quick

Banned
Someone recap this for me?

I'm watching bball.

From what I gather Nylander is coming up? This is a definite?

Reims asked for $6 million per, Leafs ain't doing that.

Cocks says Will Ny is coming up soon. Prepare your Snizzbone.

Tankaku is always.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First time I'm hearing this, but a guy from Boston (Jimmy Murphy) reportedly got a hold of a text Patches sent to Subban after the recent Therrien - Subban incident telling him to "tone it down" and he's also reporting that that's a pretty large gap between the two in the room.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzjohn

Banned
First time I'm hearing this, but a guy from Boston (Jimmy Murphy) reportedly got a hold of a text Patches sent to Subban after the recent Therrien - Subban incident telling him to "tone it down" and he's also reporting that that's a pretty large gap between the two in the room.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

He sent him a text to tone it down? Don't people talk to each other anymore?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How did this guy get access to a text from Pacioretty?

Quick

Banned
Just watched the Hunwick goal with Leipsic.

Dat Leipsic shot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:lol how is this even possible. Did Patches/Subban leave his phone somewhere?

Seems ridiculous at this point.

Quick

Banned
Nope. But now that I (think I) understand it, it makes sense. Though it places more risk on drafting prospects who go to school.

Canucks just need to sign him this summer and send him to Utica for a year. Then the Markstrom-Demko tandem can rule the league in 2017.

Until a controversy inevitably erupts and both are traded for 2018 3rd rd picks.

Wouldn't mind an explanation of how this works myself, to be honest.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Friedman said something about a potential Cowen-Bickell deal?

Maybe Cowen + pick/prospect for Bickell..
No rumours just speculation.

We'd have to get a pick back for that...

I kinda wish for the lulz we wouldn't traded Cowen+Morin back for Bickell and a pick instead.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He sent him a text to tone it down? Don't people talk to each other anymore?

How did this guy get access to a text from Pacioretty?

Just watched the Hunwick goal with Leipsic.

Dat Leipsic shot.

:lol how is this even possible. Did Patches/Subban leave his phone somewhere?

Seems ridiculous at this point.
I think he meant he heard about it from a source. Radio guys in Montreal are vouching for him and saying there's legit beef there.

Top Bottom