• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Now do the other MacDonald

GroundedAllFennecfox.gif

First time I'm hearing this, but a guy from Boston (Jimmy Murphy) reportedly got a hold of a text Patches sent to Subban after the recent Therrien - Subban incident telling him to "tone it down" and he's also reporting that that's a pretty large gap between the two in the room.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Time to trade Pacioretty to the Rangers then

McCarron looks like a stud.

Habs-GAF please be excited.

I'm very Excited

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Guys spell his name right.

Cox not Cocks or say Damien Cocks. I only say this because we have Babcock so hell if I know if you're giving him a nickname or not.

Now I doubt the rumour.

Merguson

Banned
Sens communications
‏@Media_Sens
The #Sens have made a trade this evening. Details momentarily...

traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades

edit:

Sens communications ‏@Media_Sens 31s31 seconds ago
The #Sens have acquired forwards Jason Akeson and Phil Varone, defenceman Jerome Gauthier-Leduc and a conditional draft pick from Buffalo.

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has acquired forwards Alex Guptill, Eric O’Dell and Cole Schneider, as well as defenseman Michael Sdao, from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for forwards Jason Akeson and Phil Varone and defenseman Jerome Leduc.

Well that sure is a lot of names I don't know.

Socreges

Banned
Wouldn't mind an explanation of how this works myself, to be honest.
I actually edited it into my first post afterwards:

So apparently because of that CBA loophole Demko becomes a UFA after his last year of college hockey. Unless he chooses to leave school this summer and sign with the Canucks. But why wouldn't he just finish his degree at which point he goes from 1 option to 30.

:(

Can someone explain this loophole and why it applies for some and not others? Same reason Oilers got Schultz and the Wild got Reilly, IIRC.

Edit - I guess it's because the Canucks have 3 years to sign him from the date of the draft, but with college players they don't need to sign in that time frame as they're still in school.... unless they felt waiting would be risky due to injury... But with college students they'd have a career waiting anyhow...
Would be nice if someone could confirm/correct, though. Not too sure how it works.

So, drafted players would normally be stupid to wait the 3 years until they become a UFA (ie, the draft team loses the player's rights at that point) because they wouldn't have a pro team to play for after junior. But of course college players CAN'T sign until they're done with their school (NCAA rules), which means they occasionally stay in school long enough to exhaust the 3-year 'rights' period and can go from college to whichever team they want.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That will be 4-1-1 without Desharnais now?

How weird. Who could have predicted the team playing better without their #1 center?

Yawnier

Banned
This is going to be a big loss for the tank. With all those games in hand the leafs have on the oilers, BJs, sabres, etc. and will put a 13 point gap between the laffs and habs.

Top Bottom