• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MGS 3 is an experience I recommend to everyone. It can be a frustrating game, but it was also pretty rewarding.

And how dare disparage MGS V's good name. There's so much story in this one gif.

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

I'll be in my bunk

Whew that ending was intense. Having all the kids in there actually got me invested in the game for the first time in a while.

It's fun to actually care!

Samyy

Lets add JVR, Marner, Johnson, next years first, Leipsic and Leivo into that mix and next training camp should be interesting

Samyy

Man if we get lucky enough to get Matthews we'll be set down the middle for the next decade with him, Kadri and Nylander :(

Dammit this game got me too excited, send them all back down now!

zroid

Banned
Lets add JVR, Marner, Johnson, next years first, Leipsic and Leivo into that mix and next training camp should be interesting

I was almost convinced into thinking they should just let Laich play out his year next season. He seems like a really good dude.

Buuuut after today no thanks. Buyout.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
After that sampling... i was always sorta concerned Kapanen wouldn't be able to translate his game to the NHL... that was quickly put to rest.

If Brown's game translates to the NHL then I will not be able to contain myself

Hyman looked really good too

Yawnier

Banned
I wonder if management would consider burying Hunwick in the AHL next season, I think there would be about 300K that would count against the cap.

I doubt it since Babs loves him though.

Samyy

Hunwick is LHD!

seriously tho I'm really done with Hunwick =/

He plays on the right side with Rielly right? meh
Sadly don't know how we'll address the D situation for next year, Rielly hasn't taken the step I've been hoping for. Perhaps we can pry Vatanen from the Ducks or something.

eyeless

lol at our next game being against the caps

poor kids
After that sampling... i was always sorta concerned Kapanen wouldn't be able to translate his game to the NHL... that was quickly put to rest.
i'm not gonna get my hopes up too much, i've watched a lot of marlies games and he hasn't looked close to as good as nylander, even though he arguably had a better game today

he looked great today, and he's got great skill, but i'm going to keep my expectations in check, he hasn't destroyed the ahl or anything

looked gr8 2nite tho, didn't look out of place, i look forward to seeing how he develops

Brinbe

Was at the game tonight. Best loss ever. Crowd was hyped despite the L. People just really wanted a goal and thankfully Kadri delivered. We were right in it and just didn't get the lucky bounces, but the compete was right there even despite the young lineup. All the rooks pretty much impressed. Future is bright in Leaf land.

zroid

Banned
He plays on the right side with Rielly right? meh
Sadly don't know how we'll address the D situation for next year, Rielly hasn't taken the step I've been hoping for. Perhaps we can pry Vatanen from the Ducks or something.

Rielly plays the right side when he's with Hunwick

I feel more confident now though that Rielly needs to have a defensive conscience as a partner if he's going to be successful long-term. He is basically what people think Karlsson is.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone actually going to stay up for this?

I'm only awake right now for Better Call Saul. Fuck I feel so old, just don't have the energy to stay up late anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone actually going to stay up for this?

I'm only awake right now for Better Call Saul. Fuck I feel so old, just don't have the energy to stay up late anymore.
I'm watching

I don't know why, but I'm watching and I know I'll hate myself for it tomorrow

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So, how did Nylander do?

He did alright. You see flashes of brilliance, but he didn't have the puck enough. Kapanen stole the spotlight.

Most of the NHL regulars took over half the game off and some never showed up which obviously made this game a bit of a disaster.

With that said... every one of the rookies were absolutely great.

Top Bottom