• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

zroid

Banned
QZTnqX9.png

ayyy lmao

I no longer understand what's happening in Edmonton. It's like they have invented a new form of tanking. Has a team in recent memory won 2 games by scoring 12 against their opponents, only to then lose the next 2 games, allowing 13? Seems like a record.

Pikma

Banned
I no longer understand what's happening in Edmonton. It's like they have invented a new form of tanking. Has a team in recent memory won 2 games by scoring 12 against their opponents, only to then lose the next 2 games, allowing 13? Seems like a record.
Everything has an explanation, dear bonesmccoy:

because loilers

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fucking team can't even lose right

Missed both games and they go and win both, typical. I saw Therrien's comments about Eller though, what an absolute idiot.

zroid

Banned
when do the laffs go on their western Canadian trip? that will be appointment viewing.

(as in make an appointment to be somewhere else)

Yawnier

Banned
I've never really been a big fan of Lupul, but this article on how he says the NHL has changed is kind of sad.

I get the impression he is either going to ride out the last two years of his contract and then retire, or be bought out and retire.

Fucking team can't even lose right

Missed both games and they go and win both, typical. I saw Therrien's comments about Eller though, what an absolute idiot.

I enjoyed that a goalie actually showed up for once. We should've been rolling with Scrivens from the start and let Condon rest.

zroid

Banned
The anti-Cam brigade is out in full force tonight because he didn't play nice with reporters

great to see NFL fans are no better than NHL fans

The anti-Cam brigade is out in full force tonight because he didn't play nice with reporters

great to see NFL fans are no better than NHL fans

There were a whole bunch of people on facebook and twitter saying how he shouldn't be playing QB because he was black but using some very obscene words.

But I went into the reddit game thread for Flyers/Rags yesterday (big mistake) and there were a bunch of racist Rags fans it was pretty apalling. ( I am obviously not saying all Rags fans are like this, there are always bad apples in the bunch for all fan bases) but still it is gross in this day and age we still have shit like this.

zroid

Banned
There were a whole bunch of people on facebook and twitter saying how he shouldn't be playing QB because he was black but using some very obscene words.

But I went into the reddit game thread for Flyers/Rags yesterday (big mistake) and there were a bunch of racist Rags fans it was pretty apalling. ( I am obviously not saying all Rags fans are like this, there are always bad apples in the bunch for all fan bases) but still it is gross in this day and age we still have shit like this.

Sometimes I wish I could just be blissfully ignorant of these people

the world would seem like a better place

Pikma

Banned

If you think that's sad you should take a look at the Stars fanbase, it's basically made of 95% racist assholes 5% human beings. I saw one guy confront Daddy Demers the other day on Twitter because he shared a post of something Democrats-related and the guy started throwing racist shit all over the air for no reason.

I mean, I know, it's Texas, and Texas people are incredibly stupid but it is bad enough to make me feel ashamed of supporting the same sports team as those shitheads

zroid

Banned
I totally missed the boat on Malcolm Subban's injury. Happy he's doing OK.

heard about it on the local tv news ticker, of all places, lol

KingBroly

Banned
So...the Oilers are going to get the number 1 pick again, right?

At some point you have to believe the NHL's either got to force an ownership change or change how the draft works to prevent them from getting the first pick.

zroid

Banned
So...the Oilers are going to get the number 1 pick again, right?

At some point you have to believe the NHL's either got to force an ownership change or change how the draft works to prevent them from getting the first pick.

just fold the franchise

nobody will mind

I get the impression he is either going to ride out the last two years of his contract and then retire, or be bought out and retire.

I wonder if the trend toward younger players is part of the reason scoring is down. Players whose main attributes are physical rather than technical are viewed as more desirable because they're cheaper and controlled.

Another reason to favour expansion! Get oldies like Lupul another job in the league.

yyzjohn

Banned
considering the parity in the NHL now, the Oilers might be the worst organization of all time

They need to make an Oiler rule, if you get first overall pick in something like 3 out of 5 years, you can't pick in the top 10 for the next 3 years.

They need to make an Oiler rule, if you get first overall pick in something like 3 out of 5 years, you can't pick in the top 10 for the next 3 years.

I don't know, punishing a team for playing badly, winning a random draw, making bad decisions with their picks, and changing coaches every year sounds off to me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

My experience has been that a huge percentage of Rangers fans are stuck in the 70s. It's really telling that when Keith Yandle and Kevin Hayes dressed up as "Rangers fans" this past Halloween, this is what they came up with:

iOj9rBt.png

And even more telling that nobody at the Rangers' Halloween Party (i.e. their teammates) knew it was them until they left the party a few hours later.

KingBroly

Banned
considering the parity in the NHL now, the Oilers might be the worst organization of all time

Current day Oilers? Sure. It's astonishing at how much talent they've squandered.

Overall? Probably still the Cleveland Browns.

But an interesting debate for sure.

if you compare with like 10 year gaps against all time yea, but just overall just in hockey the canucks probably take it, since they have never won anything and hold the NHL record for most consecutive losing seasons (I believe only the pirates had a larger losing streak cross sports, but they do have pennants)

Top Bottom