• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Marvie_3

Banned
Photoshop aside, where is that from?

And wow, blonde hair.

139028.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
the canucks have never won a cup, and hold an NHL record with 15 consecutive losing seasons.

Define "losing season"?

Longest Playoff Drought? Panthers, 12 seasons
Longest active Playoff Drought? Oilers, 9 seasons
Longest Drought without playoff win? Jets/Yotes, 23 seasons
Longest SCF Drought? Leafs, 47 seasons
Longest Cup Drought? Rangers, 53 seasons
Longest Cup Drought/never won: St. louis, 47 seasons

what's your fucking point? What is this "15 losing seasons" record you speak of?

I see you mean regular season records - who the hell cares about those in the NHL? The Canucks made the playoffs (and even the SCF) during a "losing" season, would a team that won the Stanley Cup during a losing season still be considered "losing" and a contestant for worst franchise ever? C'mon son pack it up and leave, that's not even objectively a remotely correct statement.

Quick

Banned
Define "losing season"?

what's your fucking point? What is this "15 losing seasons" record you speak of?

I'm very confused at that "losing season" stat, as well.

Paging zroid.

Smiley90

I'm very confused at that "losing season" stat, as well.

Paging zroid.

I think he means "regular season with less wins than losses"

only nobody cares about regular season records in the NHL because... you can make the playoffs (and the Canucks made the SCF, even) in such a season. So really that's a TERRIBLE metric by which to say "they're the worst hockey franchise ever". Grasping at straws 10/10

It's hard to find a franchise in the NHL that can be called "worst" when the Cleveland Browns are a professional sport comparable reference point.

The Browns is such a terrible organization that it makes all others look, at minimum, good.

who cares if that statement is true or not, Canucks still suck

Preach.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Define "losing season"?

I see you mean regular season records - who the hell cares about those in the NHL? The Canucks made the playoffs (and even the SCF) during a "losing" season, would a team that won the Stanley Cup during a losing season still be considered "losing" and a contestant for worst franchise ever? C'mon son pack it up and leave, that's not even objectively a remotely correct statement.

Count me in with Team Smiley regarding this particular argument.

Smiley90

Canucks are the worst franchise by the metric of "riots per SCF appearance"

Pretty sure the Habs lead in that category, not us

Riots after Canucks SCF appearances: 2
Riots after Habs SCF appearances: 2 (86,93) + 3 non-SCF playoff riots (55,08,10)

It's hard to find a franchise in the NHL that can be called "worst" when the Cleveland Browns are a professional sport comparable reference point.

The Browns is such a terrible organization that it makes all others look, at minimum, good.

Preach.

But not the worst!

Smiley90

Canucks are the worst franchise in hockey history because they made the playoffs and the SCF final a bunch of times during a 15 year period where they didn't play so well in the regular season that really doesn't matter much

Grasping at straws 10/10, I said it before

imBask

Banned
Canucks are the worst franchise in hockey history because they made the playoffs and the SCF final a bunch of times during a 15 year period where they didn't play so well in the regular season that really doesn't matter much

Grasping at straws 10/10, I said it before

how many cups though?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Smiley90

how many cups though?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

same number as the Sabres and Blues who've had equal or longer droughts without ever winning! ;) And we were closer than them... That's at least a better metric to use than "losing regular season records" which means nothing in terms of defining success in the NHL.

zroid

Banned
Pretty sure the Habs lead in that category, not us

Riots after Canucks SCF appearances: 2
Riots after Habs SCF appearances: 2 (86,93) + 3 non-SCF playoff riots (55,08,10

lol i was just kidding, but tbf that's still 2/3 for the Nucks and like 5/30 for the Habs ;P

Pikma

Banned
Wait Canucks are an NHL team? I always thought they were part of some kind of make-a-wish thing that allowed them to play a few exhibition games against real teams every year.

imBask

Banned
You're underestimating the power of the
BAB
COCK

wrong cock, but if they do sign the right cock they MIGHT have a chance to build something decent. maybe.

Although let's be real, 6 years is just the right amount of time for Nylander to bust, and we all know that's happening

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
does anyone actually believe the leafs might win a cup in the next 6 years? Will they even make the playoffs once in that stretch?

there is definite potential for it to happen in the next 6 with how the leafs are loading on talent

6 is too big a window to say yes or no, though

it took less than 6 for the blackhawks to turn from a joke into a powerhouse

imBask

Banned
there is definite potential for it to happen in the next 6 with how the leafs are loading on talent

6 is too big a window to say yes or no, though

it took less than 6 for the blackhawks to turn from a joke into a powerhouse

But the Hawks got Toews, Kane and Keith, AND didn't have the stupid Oilers cockblocking them every year

look at your lineup...

@markhmasters

Leafs practice lines

Grabner-Kadri-Komarov
Winnik-Spaling-Leivo
Holland-Arcobello-Parenteau
Clune-Froese-Boyes

LOOK AT IT

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But the Hawks got Toews, Kane and Keith, AND didn't have the stupid Oilers cockblocking them every year

look at your lineup...

LOOK AT IT

yeah... but... 6 years.

and don't forget all our prospects which haven't touched the NHL yet

Foggy

yeah... but... 6 years.

Marner will get ruined by Dustin Brown in the first game against the Kings and Nylander will be eaten by Chara. Serves the Leafs right for drafting a couple frail daisies.

imBask

Banned
yeah... but... 6 years.

I don't know anything about them, but players like Kane and Toews don't doink around in the AHL for a while, they dominate from day 1...

6 years is not that long, unless by some miracle you guys draft 1st this year and next year, but the problem is once again situated in Edmonton... Y'all need Stamkos, a real goalie, a real top 3 winger, a real top 2 defense, that's a lot of needs

yyzjohn

Banned
does anyone actually believe the leafs might win a cup in the next 6 years? Will they even make the playoffs once in that stretch?

I think you'll be surprised at the Leafs in the next few seasons. Not thinking that they'll even make the playoffs within 6 years is sort of dumb.

imBask

Banned
didn't Byfuglien say no to a 6/36M contract? did they really offer him more?!

I think you'll be surprised at the Leafs in the next few seasons. Not thinking that they'll even make the playoffs within 6 years is sort of dumb.

I honestly think you guys have nothing, and it's nothing about the rivalry and nothing personal

yyzjohn

Banned

I honestly think you guys have nothing, and it's nothing about the rivalry and nothing personal

Time will tell, I'm more optimistic about the future Leafs teams if they stay on this path than ever before.

Montresor

A team can change radically in six years. Then again the Leafs haven't done much in the past 10 years.

The Leafs definitely don't have "nothing" - they are close to having nothing, but Marner, Nylander, Rielly, and Kadri alone go against that notion.

Top Bottom