• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On a night where the Devils are erecting a statue of Martin Brodeur, Henrik Lundqvist tied Brodeur's NHL record for most wins (365) in the first 11 seasons of his career by beating the Devils.

Feels right.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
damn oilfish can't even fly

3NtbP3a.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
i think he gets overrated a bit by the rel stats because he plays on a bad team, but yeah he is pretty damn good, huh

I'll be so disappointed if Lou or whoever trades him. Not like we have many prospects with top-4 D potential anyways.

Smiley90

4TH PLACE FUCK YEAH

edit: wait, this chart doesn't include all the bottom feeder teams damnit

Smiley90

I see the Oilers?

Blue Jackets aren't on there e.g.

also

Ryan Biech
‏@ryanbiech
#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko records his 9th shutout of the season, passing Corey Schneider for the Boston College single season record

guess who's next on the "trade away a potential franchise goaltender" list!

Pikma

Banned

also

Ryan Biech
‏@ryanbiech
#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko records his 9th shutout of the season, passing Corey Schneider for the Boston College single season record

Calling dibs!

TUSR

Banned

also

Ryan Biech
‏@ryanbiech

cant wait to trade him away for a bag of pucks

at most

Socreges

Banned
4TH PLACE FUCK YEAH

edit: wait, this chart doesn't include all the bottom feeder teams damnit
Only CBJ and BUF missing

also

Ryan Biech
‏@ryanbiech

Was watching the BC/BU game earlier. Demko is good.

So I'm reading this article on the Wideman thing
The NHLPA is expected to introduce at least one concussion expert to argue on Wideman’s behalf that a brain injury impaired his judgment. Former Harvard football player and WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski, who now works with Boston University’s renowned CTE program, said the NHL’s explanation that Wideman was aware of his surroundings because he skated toward the bench and signaled for a line change is “misinformed armchair psychology.”

I just want to say this: my second concussion was while playing lacrosse. I got decked. Hard. 6'4" 230lb forward running full bore at me and I managed to scoop up the ball and clear it out right before he hit me. Dropped to the ground and hit my head on the turf hard enough to bounce back up into a seated position. I then was able to jog off the field, call for a sub, tell the coach I needed help from the trainer, and then got some water, sat down, and waited for the trainer, then my dad to get me into the truck and drove me to the hospital.

I don't remember any of it. Doctor said I had a severe concussion and was barred from even practicing for like 6 weeks. Games for 7. At first I didn't remember any of that night of the game, including the hour long bus ride, the warm ups, anything. Over the next couple weeks some of it came back, but I'm still fuzzy on details from about two minutes into the game until I "woke up" in the truck driving to the hospital. I was able to do a ton of things mechanically while not remembering hardly any of it and clearly being not all there.

So what I'm saying is, their explanation that since he called for a sub and skated to the bench means he was aware and all that is bullshit.

Yeah, Wideman shouldn't have decked the ref like that, but he clearly wasn't all there. No way. Definite suspension, but 20 games is ridiculous.

zroid

Banned
ew Lucic wrote a story for TPB

I’m supposed to be coming in as this tough young kid who’s going to mix it up, right? That’s why they drafted me. I knew my role. And I shake Zdeno’s hand and it’s like, “Oh shit.”

hahah

Quick

Banned
So apparently it's going to be Blues / Hawks(lol) Winter Classic

and Leafs / Habs Heritage Classic

NHL can't handle a Canadian hosting a Winter Classic. Seems like they don't want to blur the line between WC and HC - WC being American and HC being Canadian.

I pretty much figured a few years ago that the Leafs would end up hosting a Heritage Classic for their 100th.

An outdoor game is an outdoor game, either way. Hawks getting another WC is bullshit, though. Let the Blues host vs. another Central Division team or something.

zroid

Banned
NHL can't handle a Canadian hosting a Winter Classic. Seems like they don't want to blur the line between WC and HC - WC being American and HC being Canadian.

I pretty much figured a few years ago that the Leafs would end up hosting a Heritage Classic for their 100th.

An outdoor game is an outdoor game, either way. Hawks getting another WC is bullshit, though. Let the Blues host vs. another Central Division team or something.

reportedly NBC was being a dick about it

But if Peg doesn't get their Heritage Classic next year, then when will Bettman fulfill his promise? ... I mean they're gonna be relocated by 2018

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The NHL is so fucking stupid. They talk about growing the game all of the time, then continue awarding the biggest marketing push, in the Winter Classic, to the same teams over and over again, those teams that already have well developed and loyal fan bases.

Top Bottom