• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Yawnier

Banned
Phaneuf has to go. He is too much of a pylon.

Babcock has been praising him all season, and Phaneuf seems to take less dumb penalties compared to seasons past... I guess this is why.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
maybe lou tricked columbus into taking phaneuf, kapanen and pitt 1st for their first
and clarkson back

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CaviKrbWIAAKz9W.jpg

This might be my favorite to date. :D

Larry Brooks said:
There is no rule of thumb to apply to recovery time from brain injuries. The Rangers have not released any information regarding the severity of McDonagh’s symptoms, but they were bad enough that he did not make it to the rink at all Monday.

Is this going to be a long-term or short-term absence? It is folly to hazard a guess. But the injury clouds Gorton’s mandate. If McDonagh’s symptoms persist, the Rangers obviously cannot even think about dealing Yandle, who led the team in ice time both against the Flyers and the Devils, getting 27:33 and 25:19, respectively.

In fact, even though the Rangers played a stout game while dressing four righties and two lefties as Dan Boyle moved to his off-side without missing a beat, and even though coach Alain Vigneault said he is comfortable sticking with that alignment Wednesday in Pittsburgh, Gorton might even have to deal for a left defenseman if McDonagh is down for a significant stretch.
Good, gooooood. More aboard the "Keep Yandle" train!

Wait, what was that again?

Larry Brooks said:
Gorton might even have to deal for a left defenseman if McDonagh is down for a significant stretch.
Wait a min-
@TSNBobMcKenzie said:
Hearing lots of Dion Phaneuf trade chatter. Starting to think he could actually be dealt before the deadline.
Gad885E.png

UwVRE3u.gif

imBask

Banned
"we need a good defenseman"
"here take the Leafs captain and three-time NHL All-Star Phaneuf"
"omg noooo"

Sens fans are so silly

Yawnier

Banned
I have no problem with the laffs taking a contract like Greening's back. His contract expires in 2017, just continue to bury him in the AHL which is what the Snes have done as of late anyway.

zroid

Banned
I have no problem with the laffs taking a contract like Greening's back. His contract expires in 2017, just continue to bury him in the AHL which is what the Snes have done as of late anyway.

taking back bad money on shorter term is far preferable to retaining salary

3m4XpIZ.png

Phagoof.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
taking back bad money on shorter term is far preferable to retaining salary

3m4XpIZ.png

Phagoof.jpg

Yeah I really don't want them to retain any long term salary. Kessel's $1.2M is going to be against the cap for the next 6 or so years to begin with.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh shit

bob just made it real

it's going down now

@TSNBobMcKenzie 53s53 seconds ago

Details sketchy, no confirmation, but sounds like OTT/TOR working on a trade involving Leaf captain Dion Phaneuf. Let's see where this goes

Silexx

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago

Details sketchy, no confirmation, but sounds like OTT/TOR working on a trade involving Leaf captain Dion Phaneuf. Let's see where this goes.

Fuuuuuuuuu... its happening...

oh shit

bob just made it real

it's going down now

@TSNBobMcKenzie 53s53 seconds ago

Details sketchy, no confirmation, but sounds like OTT/TOR working on a trade involving Leaf captain Dion Phaneuf. Let's see where this goes

Well this is some interesting news to (sort-of) wake up to. Is the fabled Phaneuf trade finally going to become reality?

Top Bottom