• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

I did not think I would live to see a Leafs captain get traded to the Sens.

I feel like I'm at the end of Planet of the Apes right now

YOU FOOLS! YOU RUINED IT!

imBask

Banned
tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

zroid

Banned
I'm honestly getting worried about Cake Boss, you guys...

Poor Cake Boss :(

Norrisson-Phaneuf should be interesting...

he is certainly capable of carrying Dion's slow ass around the ice. Phaneuf is still ok when he's sheltered by a good D-partner. Like he was fine this year with Gardiner.

I have this gut feeling that there's going to be another big trade coming in a few weeks.

CB is gonna be on Suicide Watch for the rest of the season.

Oh my!

The dismantling of the Burke/Nonis team continues.

Dion should do alright on a team with an out and out 1D. Pains me to say it but I'm eager to see how he fares playing with a guy as talented as Karlsson.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Oh my!

The dismantling of the Burke/Nonis team continues.

Dion should do alright on a team with an out and out 1D. Pains me to say it but I'm eager to see how he fares playing with a guy as talented as Karlsson.

I'm more excited to see gardiner and rielly in increased roles

yyzjohn

Banned
I like the new Shanahan / Lou regime of nothing leaking out until a deal gets done. No insider rumors about Phaneuf being shopped the last few days (sure there were always vague rumors about Phaneuf for years but nothing concrete) and then BOOM, mega trade.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He is a great captain by all accounts. Great locker room guy and good player, but just overpaid.

Hope he has success in Ottawa (except when he plays against us)

Foggy

This is an unconditional win for the Leafs, right? No idea how this makes sense for the Sens. Leafs got a bunch of junk and a pick, but that junk has a short shelf life. Meanwhile Sens got some junk and an albatross.

I'm more excited to see gardiner and rielly in increased roles

I worry Gardiner will be more exposed than ever. Phaneuf wasn't a great player, but he is miles better than whomever Babcock decides to stick in his place.

This is an unconditional win for the Leafs, right? No idea how this makes sense for the Sens. Leafs got a bunch of junk and a pick, but that junk has a short shelf life. Meanwhile Sens got some junk and an albatross.

It's too early to say. Phaneuf hasn't played on a team with a clear-cut 1D since, well, maybe ever?

Samyy

Yes basically, that 2nd is hopefully going to be in the first half of the second round as well.
Lindberg seems like an upgrade on the prospects we dumped on the Sens so theres that, Marlies get even more stacked!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

I think it's a win for both, for what each team is doing

Kinda like the clarkson / horton trade

Top Bottom