• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Figured we had pretty much no chance in a bidding war on Shattenkirk. Or, more accurately, we had no real interest in getting into a bidding war for him. Rangers' brass has been pretty consistent all year long in saying they had no intention of selling away the future for another swing at the fences.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really thought Rangers were gonna overpay St Louis

I've been telling you that wasn't going to happen for a while now. :D

We were only going to get Shattenkirk now if the right deal fell into place and we could put together a package of our "ok-but-not-quite-NHL-ready" prospects and picks for him. Will be curious to see exactly what the Capitals are paying for him.

Either way, highly likely the Rangers still end up with him in July. Probably the only way that doesn't happen is if the Caps offer him insane money, a deal he can't refuse.

By the way, the Caps are at MSG tomorrow night...

Looks like a 1st, a 2nd and a fellow named Zach Ranford (EDIT: Sanford not Ranford) going to STL for The Shat.

There are other smaller parts and conditions but LeBrun is saying this is the meat of it.

Socreges

Banned
Figured we had pretty much no chance in a bidding war on Shattenkirk. Or, more accurately, we had no real interest in getting into a bidding war for him. Rangers' brass has been pretty consistent all year long in saying they had no intention of selling away the future for another swing at the fences.

I've been telling you that wasn't going to happen for a while now. :D

We were only going to get Shattenkirk now if the right deal fell into place and we could put together a package of our "ok-but-not-quite-NHL-ready" prospects and picks for him. Will be curious to see exactly what the Capitals are paying for him.

Either way, highly likely the Rangers still end up with him in July. Probably the only way that doesn't happen is if the Caps offer him insane money, a deal he can't refuse.

By the way, the Caps are at MSG tomorrow night...
Looks like a 1st, a 2nd and a fellow named Zach Ranford (EDIT: Sanford not Ranford) going to STL for The Shat.

There are other smaller parts and conditions but LeBrun is saying this is the meat of it.
Heh

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The first and second is too much for the Rangers right now. They might have done a first OR a second, but not both. A first, second and Gropp/Graves/Kovacs/whatever is definitely too much based on what the Rangers have been saying for a while, and it doesn't solve the issue of needing to unload some salary in the process. So yeah, a no go, especially knowing they have a real good shot at him in free agency.

Socreges

Banned
The first and second is too much for the Rangers right now. They might have done a first OR a second, but not both. A first, second and Gropp/Graves/Kovacs/whatever is definitely too much based on what the Rangers have been saying for a while, and it doesn't solve the issue of needing to unload some salary in the process. So yeah, a no go, especially knowing they have a real good shot at him in free agency.
But

Since we're talking about trades everybody knows is going to happen, let's talk about Kevin Shattenkirk to the Rangers. As much as I don't really want it to be a thing, we all know it's totally going to be a thing, right? So the question is: what do the Rangers give up for Shattenkirk?

I'm guessing JT Miller, a 1st, and some spare change.
So I repeat: HEH

Holiday

Banned
Shattenkirk not signing crushed his trade value. Again, I don't blame him, but it's hard not to think about what could have been (Johnson).

Top Bottom