• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
But

So I repeat: HEH

I said I didn't want that. :D Also, that was me being fairly facetious. The organization sees JT as a potential 70+-point player going forward (and Rick Nash replacement in the top 6 when we trade Nash away at next year's deadline), so if anything that trade would have to be the other way around with the picks coming from the Blues, at least from the Rangers' perspective.

Holiday

Banned
Armstrong should never have waited this long, but at the very least, he didn't keep him for the approaching first-round exit.

edit: can't exactly say I'm happy about the return, though

Socreges

Banned
I said I didn't want that. :D Also, that was me being fairly facetious. The organization sees JT as a potential 70+-point player going forward (and Rick Nash replacement in the top 6 when we trade Nash away at next year's deadline), so if anything that trade would have to be the other way around with the picks coming from the Blues, at least from the Rangers' perspective.
For sure. But you had been Dopeycasting the near certainty of this trade for some time and then, when it didn't happen, professed that you knew all along because the Rangers didn't want to give up so much! But a 1st/2nd/Sanford is not at all unreasonable, certainly better than 1st+Miller

Anyway, sorry for poking at ya. I'm guessing they're now resigned to getting him for free in the summer. Fact is the Rags are now built to compete for years, unlike the Caps.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For sure. But you had been Dopeycasting the near certainty of this trade for some time and then, when it didn't happen, professed that you knew all along because the Rangers didn't want to give up so much! But a 1st/2nd/Sanford is not at all unreasonable, certainly better than 1st+Miller

Anyway, sorry for poking at ya. I'm guessing they're now resigned to getting him for free in the summer. Fact is the Rags are now built to compete for years, unlike the Caps.
Nah, it's fine. :D

Honestly, it's the rest of the Rangers' fandom online that has been absolutely convinced for a good year or two now that Shattenkirk would be ours. It's basically our version of StamkosTavares to the Leafs, and I've been generally against it all along because of the cap implications (especially combined with the buyout we'll be having to give to Dan Girardi this offeseason, which will keep G counting towards our cap until 2023) and because I fully expect Shats to take a nosedive in productivity about two or three years into the ridiculous 7 year contract we would end up giving him. Definitely seen that movie before with the Rangers. So I've more been playing into that than anything else.

I do still think we'll ultimately end up with Shattenkirk on July 1, but I'm still only about 75% on that compared to, well, pretty much the entire rest of Rangers Twitter/hfboards/blogs/whatever. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him "shockingly" sign with Toronto or Boston or something instead, especially if they toss stupid money his way.

And certainly in the short term even if he does decline hard, he'd be a massive massive upgrade for the right side D and a huge boon to the power play, so I won't complain (much) when we do finally sign him.

Oh hey thats cool.

I was watching netflix for most of the game. It just didnt feel like one where the Wild would win.

Hanzal was unimpressive. He looked slow. Not a fan thus far.

calder

Crater and Kopi got embarrassed there damn. But good to see Quick is in 5GA mode already!

And Granlund went

ALL.
IN.
LIKE MINNESOTA.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Full WSH-STL trade:
Dan Rosen‏Verified account @drosennhl 8m 8 minutes ago
WSH-STL: Shattenkirk, Pheonix Copley to Caps; WSH 1st in '17, cond. 2nd in '19, Zach Sanford, Brad Malone and another cond. pick to Blues.
Condition on the 2nd is if Shattenkirk re-signs with Washington OR they reach the conference finals with Shattenkirk playing in 50% of the games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Full WSH-STL trade:

Condition on the 2nd is if Shattenkirk re-signs with Washington OR they reach the conference finals with Shattenkirk playing in 50% of the games.

There's more ... If Caps trade Shattenkirk on or before July 1, then Blues get Caps next available 7th round draft pick. However, should Caps get a pick in return for Shattenkirk that is 4th round pick or earlier, then Blues shall get Caps' own next available draft pick two rounds later than the earliest draft pick received by caps in exchange for shattenkirk

-tweet storm

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There's more ... If Caps trade Shattenkirk on or before July 1, then Blues get Caps next available 7th round draft pick. However, should Caps get a pick in return for Shattenkirk that is 4th round pick or earlier, then Blues shall get Caps' own next available draft pick two rounds later than the earliest draft pick received by caps in exchange for shattenkirk

-tweet storm

62QL9zl.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Full WSH-STL trade:

Is that dude's name actually Pheonix or is that a typo and it's Phoenix?

-tweet storm

tenor.gif

Merguson

Banned

-tweet storm

cAsaasy.gif

iLLmAtlc

Wow Boudreau has a 66% career winning percentage and has won the division title in every full season he's coached.

Granted, he was pretty fortunate to have Ovechkin and Backstrom and he's only picked teams with really good players since then, but still a mighty impressive run.

Top Bottom