• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lmao Sens, so happy Bergevin didn't get fleeced for Burrows, I legitimately thought he would be completely in on him. Don't really know nothing about Benn, but he can't be any less valuable than Pateryn has been.

Crazy win tonight, shocked they came back over and over again.

PillarEN

DLu8vhppX.jpg

Lol. Very necessary tweet. TSN I know social media is important but this is laughable.

Solo

One big difference I'm noticing already with Julien is that he plays his best players in critical situations and doesn't punish mistakes by benching players, both contrary to Therrien. How many times did a young player make a mistake under Therrien only to ride the pine the rest of the game? Julien is almost the opposite - he'll put guys right back out there, and, shockingly, it's paying dividends by showing support in his players.

And look at the GWG last night. Under Therrien, absolutely no way in hell is AGally out there with Patches, Rads and Weber on the 4 on 3. Probably he'd have some awful group like Plekanec, Shaw, Patches and Weber. Instead Julien puts his best players out there, shows confidence in AGally, who ultimately wins a big faceoff and scores the winning goal. Really loving that aspect of Julien so far.

There's more ... If Caps trade Shattenkirk on or before July 1, then Blues get Caps next available 7th round draft pick. However, should Caps get a pick in return for Shattenkirk that is 4th round pick or earlier, then Blues shall get Caps' own next available draft pick two rounds later than the earliest draft pick received by caps in exchange for shattenkirk

-tweet storm

zykCri6.gif

Solo

30 hours til the deadline. Tomorrow will be hilarious now that all the substancial trades have already gone down.

PillarEN

So for Detroit the strongest rumours are:

Vanek going somewhere because he's having a great season and the cap hit is minor.

Brendan Smith because Defense is wanted somewhere.

Mike Green apparently something with Boston. I don't know.

Sheahan to the Leafs? But maybe that's Toronto media going crazy. Who would want him?

Tatar or Nyquist. That's what you Montreal GAFers keep shouting.

Steve Ott because playoff experience and fucking up the opposition. Negligible cap hit so it's like free help in that regard?

Jimmy Howard because we can't keep 9 mil tied to two goalies. Or you could, but that's a number resreved for a tandem where one of the goalies is a top 5 goaltender.

Solo

I vilified him when he left, but for real, I'd love to get Vanek back as a rental. Then we could run duos of Rads-Patches and AGally-Vanek and score some fucking goals on more than one line.

yyzjohn

Banned

Vanek going somewhere because he's having a great season and the cap hit is minor.

Sheahan to the Leafs? But maybe that's Toronto media going crazy. Who would want him?

Steve Ott because playoff experience and fucking up the opposition. Negligible cap hit so it's like free help in that regard?

Jimmy Howard because we can't keep 9 mil tied to two goalies.

I wouldn't mind Brendan Smith on the Leafs, real gud Mimico kid.

Jimmy Howard because we can't keep 9 mil tied to two goalies. Or you could, but that's a number resreved for a tandem where one of the goalies is a top 5 goaltender.

Detroit is going into full rebuild mode? Nyquist or Tatar would be great pick ups

PillarEN

Detroit is going into full rebuild mode? Nyquist or Tatar would be great pick ups

More like transition. We're kinda screwed at D. The offense isn't a problem that can't be solved. Aby has a loooong and large contract which is a mistake long term. Helm maybe doesn't have the best contract either. The offensive youth has to step up and there is some hope with Larkin, Mantha and Athanaseau (sp?).

I want Tatar or Nyquist so bad on the Habs

Here's a defence lineup I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs try out:

Beaulieu Weber
Markov Petry
Benn Nesterov

Or

Markov Weber
Benn Petry
Beaulieu Nesterov

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi is out tonight with an ankle injury. If you're keeping score at home, that leaves the Rangers with 5 defensemen.

Bob McKenzie‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie

Sobotka could return to STL tho STL may gauge pre-deadline interest as tradeable asset. So another Trade Bait name to perhaps consider.

Ooo interesting. Sobotka is currently in the KHL I believe

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday Marvie!
Chicago Blackhawks‏Verified account @NHLBlackhawks 4m 4 minutes ago

Defenseman Michal Rozsival and forward Jordin Tootoo sign 1-year extensions running through the 2017-18 season.

I saw Ben Smith's fancy possession numbers.

He's considerably worse than the Goat. The Goat who at this time last year was still learning how to skate.

Cactus

Banned
I saw Ben Smith's fancy possession numbers.

He's considerably worse than the Goat. The Goat who at this time last year was still learning how to skate.

Goat will be a good fourth line C in a year or two, IMO. He hasn't been great this year, but he's way better than Ben "Black Hole" Smith.

One trade I expect from the Leafs tomorrow: take on a F salary dump that meets the 40/70 requirement. Right now, the only throwaway player who meets that requirement is Smith (after one more game), and he isn't signed yet.

I think getting Boyle killed the Sheahan stuff.

McKenzie thinks the Leafs aren't done. He's thinking they might use their abundance of cap space to help get some deals done.

Merguson

Banned
I think getting Boyle killed the Sheahan stuff.

McKenzie thinks the Leafs aren't done. He's thinking they might use their abundance of cap space to help get some deals done.

any slightly overpaid but useful players on the market? i imagine the Leafs aren't interested in any dead weight with term

going by the fact that the Leafs will need to sign Matthews & Marner after two seasons, Nylander after one.. i think there's a window available before we have to sign these guys and it makes it harder to add pieces

any slightly overpaid but useful players on the market? i imagine the Leafs aren't interested in any dead weight with term

going by the fact that the Leafs will need to sign Matthews & Marner after two seasons, Nylander after one.. i think there's a window available before we have to sign these guys and it makes it harder to add pieces

Yeah I'm not sure when he means honestly because the Leafs don't have the roster space to take on cap dumps for assets like they did last year.

Top Bottom