• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steven Kampfer has been called up to play tonight with Dan Girardi out 10-14 days. Meanwhile, Pavel Buchnevich has been sent down to Hartford.

Solo

Thinking rationally, maybe Bergevin has decided not to make a big splash because it's completely obvious, even to the most deluded of minds, that Montreal isn't built to compete with the Penguins, Capitals, Wild, etc.

Pikma

Banned
Does anyone here want a pair of neon joycons? I ask because I pre ordered them just in case but now that the date is closer it's pretty obvious I'm not wasting $70 on that. If not, then I'm just cancelling the order

Man Pastrnak is a preeeetty high bar to set for Lehkonen.

Lehkonen is having a alright Rookie season, nothing stellar but his defensive awareness is very good.I think he's going to be better next season. Claude likes the kid.

The thing that He needs to work on is finishing the play,he's gotta be more of a pest.

Socreges

Banned
Thinking rationally, maybe Bergevin has decided not to make a big splash because it's completely obvious, even to the most deluded of minds, that Montreal isn't built to compete with the Penguins, Capitals, Wild, etc.
Can I get Red_Man's take?

Habs should go after Hansen

Curufinwe

He's just haggling with Hextall over which UFA dman he wants from Philly.

Solo

Can I get Red_Man's take?

Habs should go after Hansen

I just wonder if it's worth it to part with the very few assets we do have to make a run at, what, the second round at most?

It doesn't. But the problem here is Bergevin's job is on the line, so he'll feel pressure to do something. So who knows what'll transpire in the next 24 hours.

Parch

Still time to turn it around, but yeah, Montreal is not a serious cup contender as they are right now, and one or two deals probably isn't going to change that.
Right now Montreal is the team that other playoff teams want to play in the first round, not a team to avoid.

Solo

Right now Montreal is the team that other playoff teams want to play in the first round, not a team to avoid.

Yep. Unless the Habs slip to #2 in the division and face Toronto/Ottawa/Boston (which would actually be series' they'd be in and could win), they are going to get creamed by either the Rags or BJ's in the first round.

PillarEN

Commodore thinks he's an insider now.

Don't trust a guy who's twitter handle is commie

V1t9KyEi.jpg

I love his Twitter avatar. hahaha

calder

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
Dorion thanked owner Eugene Melnyk for giving him the blessing to add these players. Club took on extra payroll. #Sens

#blessed

Has Coke Boss sent his thank you bouquet to Mr. Melnyk yet? Per google, "pink and peach roses denote gratitude" so maybe start there.

calder

Why you being so savage, calder? I like the Jets and think Laine deserves the Calder.

I'm not harsh on the trades (they aren't great, but whatever) so much as the lining up to kiss ownership for tossing a few crumbs - that's what I can't stand. We get a LOT of that "you guys should get down on your knees and thank your generous owner no matter what they do!" media ballwashing here too and it's ludicrous. Cokey knows I love him and tease only from a place of deep, deep appreciation of his endless salt.

Don't worry Sens peeps, I'll ride with your bandwagon no matter who you play in the first round. I can't actually think of any eastern team I'd root for over the Sens, keeping in mind my "rooting" isn't exactly hardcore. I'm no sports bigamist.

EDIT: also good chance you guys are gonna be crazy outnumbered by some other, less cool fanbase here...

Top Bottom