• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Silexx

I'm not harsh on the trades (they aren't great, but whatever) so much as the lining up to kiss ownership for tossing a few crumbs - that's what I can't stand. We get a LOT of that "you guys should get down on your knees and thank your generous owner no matter what they do!" media ballwashing here too and it's ludicrous. Cokey knows I love him and tease only from a place of deep, deep appreciation of his endless salt.

Don't worry Sens peeps, I'll ride with your bandwagon no matter who you play in the first round. I can't actually think of any eastern team I'd root for over the Sens, keeping in mind my "rooting" isn't exactly hardcore. I'm no sports bigamist.

EDIT: also good chance you guys are gonna be crazy outnumbered by some other, less cool fanbase here...

I appreciate the sentiment. <3

Cake Boss

Banned
I need a nickname for Dorion to replace All Bran Murray.

Dumbass Dorion
Penis Oreo
Dinkrion
Pierre Mcguirion
Pierre Burrion
Pierrows Do2yearion

Socreges

Banned
Dorion backwards is NOIROD

v0KCchF.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Miller-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Hayes-Grabner
Pirri-Lindberg-Fast

Staal-McDonagh
Skjei-Clendening
Holden-Kampfer

Lundqvist

Dat lineup. Against the Capitals. The Drive For Fourth&#8482; is on!

Stasis

KAMPFER!

Our D is so awesome right now. Tonight is gonna be fun =)

But I'm happy we didn't overpay for the sign & trade, especially since he's now confirmed he's going UFA basically. If we want him, we'll get him. We needed Smith, Shattenkirk and maybe something more to even stand a chance of getting through the EC, imo.

I know we've had success against both the Caps and Pens in the past (barring last season obviously) but I'm just not feeling it this year. Like I told my dad, I don't see us doing much. That said, if we DID beat out the Caps in a 7 game series because of Hank and others playing lights out, I woudn't be all that shocked. I'm not expecting it at ALL. That's a fantastic team before the Shatty move.

I wouldn't hate seeing Ovi get a cup. I'd only regret KingBroly happiness. Am I allowed to say that? =P

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Gorton on the Shattenkirk deal:
Steve Zipay&#8207;Verified account @stevezipay 1h 1 hour ago
Gorton and STL: "We had conversations and at some point we decided that it wasn't in our best interests to go forward."
Steve Zipay&#8207;Verified account @stevezipay 1h 1 hour ago
Gorton on Shatty: “Kinda expected it was going to be 1 or 2 teams if it wasn’t going to be us and kinda went the way we thought it would."
So that's that.

Also sounds like the Rangers are going to keep doing due diligence up until the deadline, but they're basically done with any moves that they were planning on actively pushing for.

Stasis

Jeff Gorton on the Shattenkirk deal:

So that's that.

Also sounds like the Rangers are going to keep doing due diligence up until the deadline, but they're basically done with any moves that they were planning on actively pushing for.

Yeah, it's refreshing. Of course I wanted our new shiny prize, but we've had it every fucking year and it hasn't played out. I'm content standing pat. I also completely understand the Caps going all in. Our price was gonna be higher since he was signing the extension. Caps got a GREAT price for a GREAT rental. We gotta fix some shit in the off-season though.

edit: It's blasphemy as a Rangers' fan maybe, but I've always been a pretty big Ovi fan =)

edit2: Seeing they're saying Ziba is a scratch?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Miller-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Hayes-Grabner
Pirri-Lindberg-Fast

Staal-McDonagh
Skjei-Clendening
Holden-Kampfer

Lundqvist

Dat lineup. Against the Capitals. The Drive For Fourth&#8482; is on!

Nevermind. Mika Zibanejad is out. Last minute scratch. He was hit in the hand by a puck at the end of the BJs game but couldn't go after warmups. Matt Puempel is in.

Stasis

Damn, that one sequence. Wilson on Step and Ovi on Staal. At least Smith can add SOME physicality. We basically have Kreider and Miller now.

Stasis

I damn well hope AV realizes at this point that Skjei-Clendening is consistently our best D pairing.

It's been pretty fun to watch offensively for sure. Haven't been watching as many games lately so it's mostly highlights. They're good defensively together?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's been pretty fun to watch offensively for sure. Haven't been watching as many games lately so it's mostly highlights. They're good defensively together?

Yes, in the sense that they generally spend very little time in the defensive zone, especially compared to the other pairs. Clendening isn't great at defending when pinned down in the zone, but that doesn't happen all that often. Their zone exits are also probably the best of the bunch.

Stasis

Yes, in the sense that they generally spend very little time in the defensive zone, especially compared to the other pairs. Clendening isn't great at defending when pinned down in the zone, but that doesn't happen all that often. Their zone exits are also probably the best of the bunch.

Yeah that's what I've wondered. I've seen very little of it. Not ideal in a playoff situation.

Kreider leaving just now fucking sucks, too.

edit: Man that post...

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck Simmonds

Nm they gave the hat trick goal to Voracek. This is like the 5th time they've given a goal to Simmonds and then taken it away

calder

Jets are playing again? It's been so long I had started thinking they were finished for the year in a literal as well as metaphoric sense.

Socreges

Banned
I went to check. Wtf, a hatty in 6 mins and change? Wow.

SHG, PPG, PPG. Shame there wasn't a 5/5 in there. Simmonds is a dude I love to hate. I'd want him on the Rangers in a heartbeat.
They took the third one away &#128530;

Have him on both my fantasy teams so that stung

Top Bottom