• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

calder

I just watched Lawless during his second intermission segment and.. agreed with almost everything he said? Am I fevered and don't realize?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Guy slashes Z's stick and breaks it, no call, play goes the other way, BJ's score. Yep, sounds about right. Get fucked refs.

Foggy

Wow. Suspend the refs. Total BS

They must have just completely not seen the break. No other explanation for an otherwise easy call.

Sexy Seth Jones goal though.

Edit: on watching the replay, it didn't "'appear" like the stick broke even though it did. I'm guessing they just thought he dropped the stick? Who knows.

Edit 2: nevermind, ref was looking at it the entire time. Make up call? Who knows, it's inexplicable

Edit 3: still a sexy goal

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Guessing this will be called inconclusive, sucks for the Preds

edit: Well, I'm not sure now, you can see the puck through the glove

He doesn't even pass the 'eye test' most of the time, and last I checked his faceoff percentage isn't t that great either.

He passes the 'good pro test'.

It's Ben "Real Good Pro" Smith vs Frederik "6'5" All Game" Gauthier.

Tough choice deciding who gets the oppertoooonity.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds win!
sPLCX65.gif

hsKjedt.gif

calder

I didn't watch most of the game. What did he say?

Just that the Jets may need an established veteran goalie next year and they should be willing to overpay, even if it's just someone to mentor Helle a year or two. He also talked about how Buff was playing too much and leading the league in minutes a game was hurting him and the team, and that the best thing the Jets can do might be to improve the bottom pair to make it so it doesn't happen as much. Mentioned wondering if Tucker Poolman had gone pro this year and been a bottom pair guy with Myers what the Jets would have looked like. Some talk about the coaches available.

Also post game said Maurice was right to drop Laine to the fourth line for a bit as a result of his defensive miscue but that doing it for over a period was too late not and hurt the Jets chances to tie.

The Jets played a pretty decent game overall, but that wasn't going to get it done with Pavs letting in three goals.

Pikma

Banned
How many injured 4th liners does Montreal have? Could that be the reason they lost to the always scary Colorado Avalanche?

The Montreal Canadiens have been shut out by the Colorado Avalanche 4-0.

Rookie Mikko Rantanen scored three goals against Carey Price, tallying his first hat trick in the National Hockey League.

Former Habs player Mark Barberio assisted with two of Mikko Rantanen's goals.

Pikma

Banned

Rookie Mikko Rantanen scored three goals against Carey Price, tallying his first hat trick in the National Hockey League.

😂😂😂

Yawnier

Banned

Good job avs

Top Bottom