• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Was at the Leafs game tonight

I couldn't believe all the changes to how the game is presented, it was more like a Raptors game, when did this happen? I kinda liked it but it was so different

Habs get shut out by the Colorado Aval--

op9TyMa.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started today:

Flyers @ Capitals
Penguins @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Flames @ Wild
Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Sharks
Oilers @ Ducks

The real screwy thing about Rangers-Habs is that the Rangers currently have more points than the Habs, with two games in hand, but would still be the road team anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There are only two players in the top 100 goal scorers in the NHL this season with 0 power play goals to date. One is Paul Byron (tied 79th). The other is Michael Grabner (tied 5th).

Michael Grabner leads the NHL in even strength goals with 24 (Auston Matthews is second, followed by Sidney Crosby). Grabner also leads the NHL in empty net goals.

Pikma

Banned
I'm willing to sell

You can take all of my goaltenders, my GM ,the contract of a lazy russian player, my coach, the brother of a Canadian Gold Olympic Medalist, the line partner of the brother of a Canadian Gold Olimpic Medalist, everything has to go so act quick!

calder

Jagr looks like the guy hanging out in front of the hostel asking all the backpackers going in and out what they're looking for.

WTF i ask for a Laine hatty (we're due) or a Granlund hatty yet i wake up to a Rantanen hatty..? the fucking Avs, i don't care about them..

it's too confusing being a Finnish NHL fan.. i kinda don't even know who Rantanen is. i thought he was a goalie at first (mixed up with a Koskinen).

but oh well i guess i'm a fan now. GO MIKKO!

also fuck you Jets for ruining Granlund's majestic point streak :-|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McCarron and Carr called up with DLR sent down. McCarron should draw in for Desharnais, and DLR is nothing player, he literally can only kill penalties.

Socreges

Banned
WTF i ask for a Laine hatty (we're due) or a Granlund hatty yet i wake up to a Rantanen hatty..? the fucking Avs, i don't care about them..

it's too confusing being a Finnish NHL fan
.. i kinda don't even know who Rantanen is. i thought he was a goalie at first (mixed up with a Koskinen).

How about you just cheer for an NHL team then? Instead of cheering for individual players spread across various teams because they happen to share your nationality?

Wow there is a lot of great siren work in this segment. I appreciate the switching between different alarms.

AND THEY DON'T. SCORE. A GOAL.

Thanks random radio dude with expectations, you make me feel better about my shitty team by freaking out about your pretty decent team.

The Habs are not a decent team right now.

Quick

Banned

it's too confusing being a Finnish NHL fan.. i kinda don't even know who Rantanen is. i thought he was a goalie at first (mixed up with a Koskinen).

How about you just cheer for an NHL team then? Instead of cheering for individual players spread across various teams because they happen to share your nationality?

I'm curious as to who "we" is in "we're due".

Are the people of Finland owed a hat trick?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was going to say "oh come on they're ok right now, just scuffling a bit" but then I saw they are 3-5-2 in their last 10 so I take it back.
Playing their worst hockey while having a fully healthy lineup for the first time this season, it's odd. They need this bye week pretty badly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was at the Leafs game tonight

I couldn't believe all the changes to how the game is presented, it was more like a Raptors game, when did this happen? I kinda liked it but it was so different

How so? Care to elaborate? I haven't been to a Leafs game in a long ass time.

4 for Mathews
3 for Marner
1 for Nylander

the 1 who writes for Nylander will mostly write about Matthews and Marner tho, if he has time he'll get to the Nylander piece. (he won't have time)

Top Bottom