• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Line_HTX

Congrats!

As you know children often rebel from their parents by selecting their own pastimes or rooting interests. If you fight it you'll just make it worse so PM your mailing address and let's get a head start here...

thumb.aspx

God dayum, calder.

:lol

Quick

Banned
Wild kicking ass of course it makes sense to bring another Wild fan into this world. I get to be a dad in a few months. Probably August. Figured I'd tell my bros on NHL-gaf. I am sure so many of you care.

I swear if he/she ever says "Go Toews" I am leaving them in a trash can at the Grand Canyon Joe Dirt style.

Congrats Fubes.

Can't wait for you to talk about your kid being from Minnesota. 😬

How about you just cheer for an NHL team then? Instead of cheering for individual players spread across various teams because they happen to share your nationality?

hmm why? i don't have any connection at all to Winnipeg or Minnesota or any place in North America, probably will never set foot on the continent.

of course i'll root for our own boys. much more logical.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Wild kicking ass of course it makes sense to bring another Wild fan into this world. I get to be a dad in a few months. Probably August. Figured I'd tell my bros on NHL-gaf. I am sure so many of you care.

I swear if he/she ever says "Go Toews" I am leaving them in a trash can at the Grand Canyon Joe Dirt style.

Congrats on the kid FUBAR.

Socreges

Banned
Congrats FUBAR. And my sincerest condolences

hmm why? i don't have any connection at all to Winnipeg or Minnesota or any place in North America, probably will never set foot on the continent.

of course i'll root for our own boys. much more logical.
Well, neither is "logical". But cheering for multiple teams seems especially silly.

I'll concede that since there are so few good Finns in the NHL, you're inclined to celebrate them more. Meanwhile nationalism will drive me to cheer for Canada but I can't cheer for 30 NHL teams because they each have several Canadians.

Reckheim

Congrats FUBAR. And my sincerest condolences

Well, neither is "logical". But cheering for multiple teams seems especially silly.

I'll concede that since there are so few good Finns in the NHL, you're inclined to celebrate them more. Meanwhile nationalism will drive me to cheer for Canada but I can't cheer for 30 NHL teams because they each have several Canadians.

Its easy to say when majority of the League is Canadian. First and foremost I cheer for the Leafs; however I also cheer for all the Slovaks playing in the NHL as well (although there hasn't been much to cheer for lately).

Hell; I even wanted the Habs to win that one time Halak was standing on his head during the playoffs.

Socreges

Banned
Its easy to say when majority of the League is Canadian. First and foremost I cheer for the Leafs; however I also cheer for all the Slovaks playing in the NHL as well (although there hasn't been much to cheer for lately).

Hell; I even wanted the Habs to win that one time Halak was standing on his head during the playoffs.
I totally get that. Keep in mind I was responding directly to "it's too confusing to be a Finnish NHL fan". It doesn't have to be confusing, though maybe I didn't entirely understand what he meant.

calder

On twitter I'm seeing a bunch of pics of various Jets reading to little kids in schools throughout the city and I have to say - feel a bit bad for the ones who got Copp and Dano reading them some book if they realize that another other random class got Laine and Ehlers.
Don't make fun of Patrik that he needs help with the tricky parts, he's barely older than those kids and English isn't his native language.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I cheer for the Swiss players in the league too but fuck I'd never cheer for the Flames when Baertschi was still there.

Fubar should name his kid "Easy D"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Loud in-game host, t-shirt cannon, louder music, similar sound fx to the Raptors, less "hockey" songs, no honouring of long-time season ticket holder lol

Seemed a lot different than last year, like they are trying to get people more involved and less corporate even though platinums were still empty at the start of the 2nd and 3rd

It's how I know I'm becoming an old, I wish they'd turn down the damn volume at the ACC.

Congratulations FUBAR!!!

Simmons hates Stoeten because he was ridiculed at Drunk Jays Fans (and now at Blue Jays Nation) at at every opportunity for his shoddy reporting. Dunno what he has against Dellow.

Is Dellow the guy he tried to talk down to on the radio a year or so ago?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Craig Button said the Habs are pretenders, so I guess we can just plan the Stanley cup parade today.

calder

Craig Button said the Habs are pretenders, so I guess we can just plan the Stanley cup parade today.

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while... Button earned a tiny smidge of respect from me by being one of the few TSN personalities willing to openly and strongly say that the Jets were being poorly coached and their record reflected that.

Hmm, now that I think about it more it IS unlikely that Button would be right about two things at the same time so maybe tentatively book a parade route after all.

Red_Man

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while... Button earned a tiny smidge of respect from me by being one of the few TSN personalities willing to openly and strongly say that the Jets were being poorly coached and their record reflected that.

Hmm, now that I think about it more it IS unlikely that Button would be right about two things at the same time so maybe tentatively book a parade route after all.
He also said Fucale was the best goalie prospect he's ever seen. Fucale is currently in the ECHL.

Weevilone

As you know children often rebel from their parents by selecting their own pastimes or rooting interests.

This is so timely. My kid doesn't realize how lucky he is going to Blues games all the time. Today his teacher hops on Twitter and sends out a pic of classroom activity.

He's wearing a Malkin jersey in the pic. SMH

Red_Man

TSN had a great breakdown in the Habs' breakdown since mid-November. I was hoping it'd be as dramatic as last year but I'll take it.
Leading the league in man games lost to injury and still maintaining .500 hockey is a breakdown?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the media continues throwing Therrien's name out there as a problem. He's had it far too easy with everyone throwing every excuse his way.

PillarEN

Maybe it's something about their history of losing teams to other markets?

Didn't the SuperSonics move because their owner at the time was dead set on uprooting the team as soon as he (or the group?) bought it? I mean it's a little different than trying to make something work and eventually failing.

Top Bottom