• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah fuck off Wilds!

SgwZZjJ.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol we want to grow the sport and the league globally, and especially in the Asian market.

We aren't going to the biggest winter sporting event that taken place in Asia tho, because of 'cost' reasons.

Lol NHL.

imBask

Banned
I can't see Bergevin firing Therrien unless they're both canned at season's end following an 18 wheeler type collapse.

Therrien is 2nd in odds just behind Ruff on Mise-O-Jeu

why

how

he survived last season and we're still first in our (shitty) division, what the fuck are people expecting

yyzjohn

Banned
Therrien is 2nd in odds just behind Ruff on Mise-O-Jeu

why

how

he survived last season and we're still first in our (shitty) division, what the fuck are people expecting

Last season was the built in Price injury excuse. If the Habs continue to flounder and even miss or get bounced early in round 1 I think they'll be calls for change.

Socreges

Banned
Gotta rant

TSN just showed a montage of Laine's mistakes from two nights ago with soaring, dramatic music playing in the background with critical commentating spliced in.

They then cut to two pretty blondes with caked on makeup who calmly assess that he's just a rookie and should be forgiven.

Thanks, TSN, for bringing us back down to Earth

This kind of stuff coupled with the generic rock music played over any clips.....I'm finding it tougher and tougher to watch TSN and Sportsnet these days. Maybe they're spread too thin so everything is lazy.

yyzjohn

Banned
we've been one of if not the most injured team this year, PLENTY of excuses to be had

Doesn't matter. People just look at results. In 4 years of Therrien:

Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
Lost in Conference Finals
Lost in Second Round
Missed playoffs

If this year is "Lost in First Round" the media and fans will be screaming for change. Coaches rarely last 5 years or more unless improvement is being made each season. The whole shelf life / players tune out coach thing.

imBask

Banned
Doesn't matter. People just look at results. In 4 years of Therrien:

Lost in Conference Quarterfinals
Lost in Conference Finals
Lost in Second Round
Missed playoffs

If this year is "Lost in First Round" the media and fans will be screaming for change. Coaches rarely last 5 years or more unless improvement is being made each season. The whole shelf life / players tune out coach thing.

I hope you're right but I doubt it.

Therrien is never going away, i've accepted that and moved on. Until Bergevin leaves, Therrien will be here forever

yyzjohn

Banned

Therrien is never going away, i've accepted that and moved on. Until Bergevin leaves, Therrien will be here forever

That's what I think too though. If Habs get bounced early, both will be gone.

Just checked. The shelf-life for Therrien is past due. You know who the longest serving Habs coach is in the last 40 years before Therrien? Scotty Bowman in the 70s. Fucking Jacques Demers won the Cup and was bounced soon after.

Pikma

Banned

I know that feeling, me I know I'm stuck with Ruff until the day I die/Nill leaves, whatever happens first

imBask

Banned
That's what I think too though. If Habs get bounced early, both will be gone.

Just checked. The shelf-life for Therrien is past due. You know who the longest serving Habs coach is in the last 40 years before Therrien? Scotty Bowman in the 70s. Fucking Jacques Demers won the Cup and was bounced soon after.

yeahhh but those stats are a bit skewed, Gainey liked to fire one coach per year so he could play pretend-coach for half the season

Line_HTX

NHL on NBC ‏@NHLonNBCSports 2h2 hours ago

mom taking that snow day call ☃️

C4MI6u1UkAAEiaT.jpg

Y'know, doesn't the head ref have a headset that he could use? Why'd he have to use his thin ass phone to make the "Inconclusive Evidence" call?

:lol

yyzjohn

Banned

C4MI6u1UkAAEiaT.jpg

Y'know, doesn't the head ref have a headset that he could use? Why'd he have to use his thin ass phone to make the "Inconclusive Evidence" call?

LOL, the NHL is beyond belief. I remember during a Leafs game they made an offside challenge and the refs are at the bench reviewing it on a 7" tablet. Like WTF they don't throw those decisions to a crew upstairs to look at?

Pikma

Banned

C4MI6u1UkAAEiaT.jpg

"Hey guys would you please shut up, I'm trying to make a call here"

Silexx

Lol we want to grow the sport and the league globally, and especially in the Asian market.

We aren't going to the biggest winter sporting event that taken place in Asia tho, because of 'cost' reasons.

Lol NHL.

Thing is, the next winter Olympics after South Korean is also taking place in Asia and will likely be an even bigger event: China. NHL wants to go there, but doesn't have much interest in SK.

That said, IOC is basically telling the NHL, if you don't go to South Korea, you're not going to China.

C4MI6u1UkAAEiaT.jpg

He's actually ordering a pizza for after the game.

imBask

Banned
Just focusing on your own division - Tampa, Buffalo and Detroit have all had it worse.

Red Man said we lost the most man games yesterday but I couldn't find the stat, which is why I hesitated a bit

still, anything will be used as an excuse to keep Therrien

Solo

I've been saying it for a couple years now - it's not just "Fire Therrien". It's "Fire Therrien & Bergevin". When one goes, both have to. Bergevin has anchored himself to Therrien and their fates are now intertwined. Just firing Therrien won't erase the stink. If the Habs have a first round exit this year (which they will if they win the division....funny enough, if they slide to #2 I can see them making the second round due to this fucking wacky playoff format and the metro division), Molson needs to finally fire both of these clowns.

Top Bottom