• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Socreges

Banned
Red Man said we lost the most man games yesterday but I couldn't find the stat, which is why I hesitated a bit

still, anything will be used as an excuse to keep Therrien
Ok:
Leading the league in man games lost to injury and still maintaining .500 hockey is a breakdown?
Well, I've never known Red to exaggerate or distort information to support/defend the Habs. So I'll trust that the data I've got from mangameslost.com must be wrong

Having a Wild fan for a dad doomed him anyway. We're just throwing gas on the fire.

Ouch

Not even sure how to respond.

I didnt even watch the 3rd i was too tired. Heard that period + OT had missed calls on both teams, plus the call on Suter was apparently weak. Refs sounded bad all around?

Socreges

Banned
Ouch

Not even sure how to respond.

I didnt even watch the 3rd i was too tired. Heard that period + OT had missed calls on both teams, plus the call on Suter was apparently weak. Refs sounded bad all around?
You're hearing this from Wild fans, I guess? Definite penalty on Suter. And I'm no Hawks fan, but they got hosed a couple times. Offside on the Wild 2nd goal and interference by Staal on the Wild 3rd goal. Not sure the Wild suffered any bad calls at all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ok:
Well, I've never known Red to exaggerate or distort information to support/defend the Habs. So I'll trust that the data I've got from mangameslost.com must be wrong

fake news, sad!

Alternative stats say the Habs are the most unlucky team in the history of all sports

Merguson

Banned
"Listen. I said that the Habs had the most man games lost according to player's usefulness divided by time out. This is done using very big, important stuff. Very important analytics."

"Listen. I said that the Habs had the most man games lost according to player's usefulness divided by time out. This is done using very big, important stuff. Very important analytics."

The website does have a stat for that!

Habs are 5th. So - going by this site - the statement 'The Habs have the most man games lost in the league' at least leans in the direction of truthiness.

calder

The call on Suter in OT was on a penalty as blatant as you can find that didn't involve an axe or machete or something. The only defense for Suter was you could argue he was borderline fouled a bit before and that wasn't called... but that would have been a questionable penalty.

Suter's headlock grab into judo pivot with extra holding on the other hand was hilarious.

Socreges

Banned
Lol. Not good enough to say they've lost a lot, for Red it's gotta be THE MOST.
hqdefault.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got that from Eric Engels, a Montreal reporter that works for Sportsnet and who that tweeted that out days ago about their injured status. Regardless they've had ridiculous injuries and Therriens not going anywhere.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Buchnevich-Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Holden
Staal-Clendening
Skjei-Klein

Lundqvist

Holy shit, an actual defense!

Samyy

What do you do if your boss is being an incompetent asshole and the fallout is totally going to get blamed on you?

Work is the fucking worst

Top Bottom