• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

We all bitch a lot about Sportsnet commentary but how great has it been not having to hear Glenn Healy once this year? Underrated aspect of this season so far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Radulov is a fucking brick house, the amount of times people go to hit him and bounce off is hilarious

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Could tell a goal was coming on that play from how fucked our coverage was, but that wasn't where I was expecting the goal from.

I've never seen somebody with such a massive hard on for Finnish hockey players before

do you know for how long we have had to wait to get amazing new players from our country? we haven't had a Laine or an Aho or even a Rantanen in fucking ages.

also it's fantastic seeing the older Granlund and Barkov finally reaching their potential..

i'm not the only one in Finland super hyped about our young players. just a few days ago at work we had a discussion about the recent hat tricks (Aho, Granlund, Rantanen) and we were pretty much high fiving each other. i mean WHEN was the last time several Finns scored hat tricks within a week or two?? never. there probably has never been a full season when just two Finns got 3 goals in a game... maybe Selänne and Kurri in the 90s but i doubt even that.

just.. please understand.

What's amusing to me is the guy has such a boner for Finns but A) didn't know who Rantanen was pre-hat trick and B) still can't get his name right.

You're like a fairweather caricature but the nationalist flavor.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
:O
But why does it say gif in the bottom left corner?

Because they're lying sacks of shit

Or they just convert gifs to mp4s so they don't end up being a filehosting service and force people to go to the site to see them therefore guaranteeing ad revenue

What's amusing to me is the guy has such a boner for Finns but A) didn't know who Rantanen was pre-hat trick and B) still can't get his name right.

You're like a fairweather caricature but the nationalist flavor.

A) wrong, and B) wrong.

and whats wrong with a little nationalism?

A) wrong, and B) wrong.

and whats wrong with a little nationalism?
WTF i ask for a Laine hatty (we're due) or a Granlund hatty yet i wake up to a Rantanen hatty..? the fucking Avs, i don't care about them..

it's too confusing being a Finnish NHL fan.. i kinda don't even know who Rantanen is. i thought he was a goalie at first (mixed up with a Koskinen).

but oh well i guess i'm a fan now. GO MIKKO!

also fuck you Jets for ruining Granlund's majestic point streak :-|

And I saw the post above before you edited it.

do you know for how long we have had to wait to get amazing new players from our country? we haven't had a Laine or an Aho or even a Rantanen in fucking ages.

also it's fantastic seeing the older Granlund and Barkov finally reaching their potential..

i'm not the only one in Finland super hyped about our young players. just a few days ago at work we had a discussion about the recent hat tricks (Aho, Granlund, Rantanen) and we were pretty much high fiving each other. i mean WHEN was the last time several Finns scored hat tricks within a week or two?? never. there probably has never been a full season when just two Finns got 3 goals in a game... maybe Selänne and Kurri in the 90s but i doubt even that.

just.. please understand.

Yeah but you had Antti Miettinen

And I saw the post above before you edited it.

that "kinda" meant that i knew of him but not enough to really remember who exactly he is. i mixed him up with a young goaltender with a similar name (Mikko Koskinen). sorry? lol.

also yeah i edited the second mention of his name, because i typoed it. i spelled it correctly the first time. also jesus christ who gives a fuck?

and dude, i just recently started following hockey more closely after a 15+ year break, cut me some slack. i kinda didn't even know who Ovechkin was =)

ok now stop hounding me you pedantic weirdo.

Merguson

Banned
should i continue watching this game?

15hntpz.gif

You kinda stopped watching at the right time then. They started to go bad around the time you checked out.

yeah i remember them being elite as fuck. weird seeing them in their current state.

when are the Jets gonna score? taking goddamn forever.. just gimme one and make this a hockey game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Radulov is fucking unbelievable

What an absolute animal, he owned that entire shift good lord

Top Bottom