• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Cake Boss

Banned
The belief is, the Avs want Ottawa defenceman Cody Ceci, a first-round pick in 2017, along with one of the club’s two blue-chip prospects — Saint John blueliner Thomas Chabot or Boston College centre Colin White — plus a couple of other parts in return for Duchene or Landeskog.

Lol Sakic.

Send them Ceci plus 2017 1st though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I remember when Chicago was asking a ransom for Sharp a few years back and ended up with Daley and Garbutt lol. Good luck with that ask Avs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Harumph

wJCGjqk.png

The Rangers are presently on pace for 54 wins on the season. That would be a new franchise record.

They're in a wild card spot.

I remember when Chicago was asking a ransom for Sharp a few years back and ended up with Daley and Garbutt lol. Good luck with that ask Avs.

I remember when Red_Man used a comparator that didn't make sense. Sharpe is a winger, was 33 when he was traded and Blackhawks were up against the cap. They had to trade him, the Avs don't have to trade Duchene for anything less than they are asking. Say more dumb shit though.

Cake Boss

Banned
I remember when Red_Man used a comparator that didn't make sense. Sharpe is a winger, was 33 when he was traded and Blackhawks were up against the cap. They had to trade him, the Avs don't have to trade Duchene for anything less than they are asking. Say more dumb shit though.

God damn son

370862bbff7f3d3345a3d0e9b45a38c3.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Damn dude. :lol

Plus you always start high when you negotiatate. Always.

Quick

Banned
I'd like to think of myself as a Jim Halpert.

Great way to survive work, but you don't get the girl until season 4.

Damn dude. :lol

Plus you always start high when you negotiatate. Always.

Nobody has more respect for Red Man than I do.

But yeah, Red Man is right that the value will be lower than that, but the components will be there in some way: Young d-man + prospect + pick.
Depending on how good the primary component is (the young defender) will determine the quality of the other pieces. I just thought the Sharp comparison was silly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It was more a comment on the absurd prices that come around the deadline and they will accept less, if you think they're actually getting a top player, top prospect and first rounder for either, than you haven't paid attention to past big player trades. Even if they wait until the off season, no team is moving a Chabot or Sergachev + for either of those players, especially with how valuable high end defenseman have become. I get start the bidding high, but you're getting close to the deadline and not adjusting, same with Arizona and Hanzal, no one is paying that price. Yea the cap opens up during the summer, but so do other trades and internal roster moves, it's not a guarantee of a higher price.

Watch Bergevin move AGally, Juulsen, 1st + for a shitty Duchene package

The mental gymnastics that go on when people want a:
  • top line player
  • Canadian Olympic player
  • in his prime
  • on an amazing contract
  • who doesn't need to be traded
For far less than he's worth. Sakic isn't interested in trading Duchene away unless it's fair or in our favor, why would he give a shit about what market valuations say? Pay up or shut up about it. Avs don't owe anyone a good deal just because we fucking suck right now. That's not how anything works. Sakic's strategy on this situation is the smartest shit he's done since he got his position. What happens if we don't trade Duchene?

Well, we still have Duchene. The horrors.

Pikma

Banned
And then there's that whole entitlement thing too
He is sure other teams will be willing to give up on key players just because they have to, I mean why wouldn't they do it, it's the Habs man, and your team won't make the playoffs this year anyways so might as well give him everything you have because his team is important and yours isn't.

Solo

Watch Bergevin move AGally, Juulsen, 1st + for a shitty Duchene package

Pretty confident this is exactly what's going to happen if they go for Duchene. AGally is going the way of Subban, of that, I'm certain. Wouldn't blame the kid a but for signing an offers sheet this summer if he is still even a Hab by then.

Mitch Brown‏ @MitchLBrown

Michael McNiven with a shutout yesterday. He has lost just 4 games since November 17th. That's a 21-3-1 record. Ridiculous.

He's a Montreal Prospect. :). That Owen Sound Attack team is really good.

Reckheim

Halak apparently has a 10 game winning streak in the AHL, really too bad about his contract. I'd figure some teams would take a swing at him.

imBask

Banned
Bergevin never went for the big homerun on trade deadline so I don't see why he would make a stupid ass trade and lose Galchenyuk++ for Duchene this year. The price for Hanzal is also absurd, i'm not worried, he'll pass as he always does. They even said that Tampa was looking for a 1st for Brian fucking Boyle

if anything we should be worried about the lack of sellers and why we're not going to get any reinforcement

Razorskin

----- ------
Bergevin never went for the big homerun on trade deadline so I don't see why he would make a stupid ass trade and lose Galchenyuk++ for Duchene this year. The price for Hanzal is also absurd, i'm not worried, he'll pass as he always does. They even said that Tampa was looking for a 1st for Brian fucking Boyle

if anything we should be worried about the lack of sellers and why we're not going to get any reinforcement
But but Vanek!

imBask

Banned
But but Vanek!

March 05, 2014 - Sebastian Collberg and a 2nd round pick #57 (Johnathan MacLeod - Tampa Bay) in 2014 traded to New York Islanders for Thomas Vanek and a 5th round pick #125 (Nikolas Koberstein) in 2014. The draft picks were conditional on Montreal making the playoffs, which they did.

we gave literally nothing for Vanek, that's my point.

Top Bottom