• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nhl/2017/2/12/14590864/blue-jackets-john-tortorella-closed-door-meeting-calm-down-report

After a historic first half of the 2016-17 NHL season, the Columbus Blue Jackets have hit a bump in the road. And according to reports, the team has asked coach John Tortorella to weather it more calmly.

Columbus has gone 8-8-1 since riding a 16-game win streak throughout December. The slide has let the Penguins and Rangers sneak up on the Blue Jackets, leaving the Ohio team in a precarious position. No doubt tensions are higher than normal in Columbus.

During a Hockey Night in Canada intermission report on Saturday, Sportsnet reporters Elliotte Friedman and Nick Kypreos reported that Blue Jackets players had met with Tortorella recently to ask him to stay positive:

Honeymoon's over.

imBask

Banned
Le Athletic

FUWeqJT.png

look at that race

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friedman throwing around the idea of Bergevin using AGally in a trade for Duchene

Kill me now

Galchenyuk
Sergachev
1st

for

Duchene
Beauchemin

Great trade for both teams!

How about this.

We don't go after Duchene but look for a Plekanec replacement which we should've been doing in the first place. I was thinking Montreal trade Plekanec to Winnipeg for a couple of players

Cactus

Banned
How about this.

We don't go after Duchene but look for a Plekanec replacement which we should've been doing in the first place. I was thinking Montreal trade Plekanec to Winnipeg for a couple of players

1st
Sergachev

for

Hanzal
Conditional 4th

Plekanec
Beaulieu
2nd

for

Lowry
Stafford
Thorburn

Add some grit and toughness for the playoffs.

Red_Man

He also said that Bergevin is trying to clear out Desharnais / Pleks but good luck with that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going to laugh if Montreal gets Duchene but trades away Galchenyuk anyway.

Can't have two high end centres.

1st
Sergachev

for

Hanzal
Conditional 4th

Plekanec
Beaulieu
2nd

for

Lowry
Stafford
Thorburn

Add some grit and toughness for the playoffs.

No no no stop

I want Perreault from the Jets (Salary retained of course) that's for sure and someone to play with Weber that's not a offensive black hole like Emelin

Red_Man

Habs lose 5 games after the bye week, Therrien is fired and replaced by Julien, Habs kill the Bruins in the playoffs and leads the team to a cup

-scene-

We all know that the trade deadline will come and go with only minor tinkering and maybe one big trade from 2 teams nobody in this thread even cares about.

Too early to bring this back?

This team is a lot different than the one that went 9-0-0 last year, but they'll still need to address some holes if they want a chance to go all the way. Pleks decline over the last 18 months has been unreal.

I've been told he's not even a top 45 dman :(

I'd enjoy seeing you list a Habs team from the past 20 years that had a better, more talented roster with as much as this one has. I'll wait.

Remember how it was going to be so different this year?

Red_Man

The salt in here the last few days has been so good

I mean I've also had my part to play in it, but still.
Considering how many Canadian teams might get into the playoffs, we might get nuked like the NBA thread come playoff time.

calder

Playoffs are going to be special this year. After a post season with lowered sodium content thanks to no Canadian teams there seems to be a built up excess looming ...

Top Bottom