• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dimitri Filipovic ‏@SoYoureAnExpert

Reports out of Edmonton have Ben Eager listed on the injury report as Day-to-Day (Kassian).

Way to go big man!

star-trek-nodding.gif

If someone is an 8th dman, they don't see the ice until they become the 6th dman. It's much better that Connauton and Corrado are playing big minutes with their teams.

yes but I'm saying IF it comes to that, I'd rather see Connauton or Corrado be called up and be the 6th D-man than have Barker fill in. I see no point in having him, even as insurance... I'd rather have Connauton/Corrado be that insurance that can be called up. Unless we're counting on 3 D-men getting injured in the first game of a back-to-back and noone being able to fly in from Chicago in time, I don't want to see Barker play :p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Habs lines from practice:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-White-Moen
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Glad that they've moved AG to his natural position at centre, but 4th line? And benching Eller? Bourque on the second and Armstrong on the third? Fuck you, Therrien! At least AGally and BGally together could be exciting.

Very odd....I like White, but Eller should be in the lineup.

calder

The Jets better come out with a more solid effort in the 3rd if they hope to win this. Can't keep depending on posts/Pevelec/luck to win games. They need to be sharper with the passes. I am aware that it is early game in this season, however, so there is much rust, so to speak. The D pairing of Clitsome and Postma is starting to give me Oduya-esque nightmares. Bogosian can't return soon enough.

Wellwood, Kane and Jokinen's line... I like that one. Same with Sheifele, Slater and Thorburn. I want to see the chemestry between them improve.

At this point I'm just hoping for OT. Loser point would be frankly a bit more than we deserve.

Both games they've played so far have made me remember "oh yeah, the Jets had the least players playing during the lockout" at least a few times. They simply aren't a very good team at the best of times, and to see so many shitty passes and baffling decisions makes me really worry for the first quarter of this season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed. 1 step forward (Gally at centre), 2 steps back (everything else).

I was Cake Bossed most of last night, and don't remember the finer details of last night's game, but Eller wasn't bad was he? At least not any worse than our other offensive players.

Solo

I was Cake Bossed most of last night, and don't remember the finer details of last night's game, but Eller wasn't bad was he? At least not any worse than our other offensive players.

He was bad, but then, our whole team was bad. He was on the good side of bad though, which makes this a head scratcher. Cole and Patches were our worst forwards in that game. The first line was atrocious.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Oh and Gamecenter is working pretty well, and if anyone is wondering on the PC at least Unblock-us is working great, can watch the game despite the local blackout.
Are you paying for Unblock-us?
I tried it last night and it works; they have a 1-week free trial.
I'm wondering if - after a week - they log you out based on your IP?

PS:
Jets are crazy lucky that this game is still tied. Bruins have been dominating; look great.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

One thing I remember was that Eller was on the PK and he had great opportunity to clear the puck and instead tried to be fancy and lost the puck. I imagine Therrien didn't like that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He was bad, but then, our whole team was bad. He was on the good side of bad though, which makes this a head scratcher. Cole and Patches were our worst forwards in that game. The first line was atrocious.

I basically remember the fourth line being the only line who could sustain any pressure in the Leafs zone.

One thing I remember was that Eller was on the PK and he had great opportunity to clear the puck and instead tried to be fancy and lost the puck. I imagine Therrien didn't like that.

Yeah that'll do it.

Solo

I basically remember the fourth line being the only line who could sustain any pressure in the Leafs zone.

Yeah that'll do it.

You remember correctly. Our 4th line was the only half-decent line we had in the game. I really like what I'm seeing from Prust so far.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Do you guys think that hockey players are the greatest athletes in the world? Jack Edwards brings this up in just about every other broadcast. I do think hockey requires more skill and talent than any of the other major team sports, but I don't know if I'd outright consider them the greatest flat-out. I don't know who I would, though. Just a thought.

Socreges

Banned
Do you guys think that hockey players are the greatest athletes in the world? Jack Edwards brings this up in just about every other broadcast. I do think hockey requires more skill and talent than any of the other major team sports, but I don't know if I'd outright consider them the greatest flat-out. I don't know who I would, though. Just a thought.
What makes a good athlete?

Kane was pushed into Rask, looked like

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Another Eller mistake was coming in shorthanded and instead of shooting he tried passing across to Prust who was more or less covered.

calder

Are you paying for Unblock-us?
I tried it last night and it works; they have a 1-week free trial.
I'm wondering if - after a week - they log you out based on your IP?

PS:
Jets are crazy lucky that this game is still tied. Bruins have been dominating; look great.

I do, but right now it's actually my coworker who's logged in to his unblock-us and Gamecenter. And yes it's IP based, my coworker actually shares his unblock-us with his parents (who I guess use Netflix infrequently) so if you are logged in from home say next time you tried to use it from a different IP you would have to login again.

FFS Kane. This PK is going to kill us.

Sanjuro

It's always a moot argument. I still think baseball requires an incredibly high level of skill, but athletes they are not. I would say the two sports are very similar in the development process though.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's the hardest sport to play but that doesn't mean they're the best athletes.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Football probably has the most insane athletes, when you take height, speed, and muscle into account, but there's also a bunch of fat guys playing. Put any of them on skates and they'd look like a Toddler trying to walk too, I think hockey players would fare pretty well playing any other sport.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Do you guys think that hockey players are the greatest athletes in the world?
No. But ice hockey players skate a lot better than other athletes :p

Hockey is definitely very demanding; both physically and mentally. I personally respect professional tennis players A LOT for what they do.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's the hardest sport to play but that doesn't mean they're the best athletes.
That's a better way to put it, and more or less the way I feel. It just requires an incredible amount of strength and finesse and coordination at any position, even for the lowliest goon.

Top Bottom