• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Quick

Banned
Rick-1-590x552.jpg

Jesus is my #1 overall pick.

You mean the way he plays or the way he physically looks? If it's the latter, then Tyler Kennedy would like a word with you.

They showed a short clip of him doing drills in SJ gear; he just looked...goofy. Like his equipment didn't fit, and had trouble connecting with the puck.

dem

Dipietro looks like he plays for Vancouver Island.
I think a hippy tried to sell me that necklace in Coombs..

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They showed a short clip of him doing drills in SJ gear; he just looked...goofy. Like his equipment didn't fit, and had trouble connecting with the puck.
He can still skate well, and is a great puck carrier, and is about the only thing he can do anymore. He gets real low and carries the puck into the zone and then stops and loses it or attempts a pass that gets broken up. Rinse and repeat.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
That could have been worse.
Obviously, the Sharks let up after the first period, but the Oilers played well in the 2nd and 3rd. If Eberle and co weren't so cute with the dangles and no-look passes, they might have even made a game out of it.

Old farts love it because its their place to hangout and yell at the minorities serving them.
Heh. Probably true.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NHL ‏@NHL
.@SanJoseSharks fans, did you know tonight's 6 goals in one period is now the best record for the franchise on the road? Previous was 5.

Some quick Cakeboss'd thoughts before I pass out:

- 4 goals in one period, 3 in the next 8. That is bullshit pure and simple. Offense needs to show up. You cannot lose a fucking game where there are 8 FUCKING PPs. 2 5 on 3s and 5 minute major. There were more than enough PPs to win twice over.

- This team is trying to be too cute. Kovalev is there and now the entire fucking team wants to dangle. You know how nearly elimated NJ? Hard work along the boards, in the forecheck, and a controlled dump and chase. Not this "cutesy" play going on.

-Slowness. Kovalev, Kuba have bricks in their skates. Unfuckung accepetable.

-Kovalev sucks. Plain and simple. The three points were flukes and tonight he was passing to open ice. His show is slow and inaccurate as fuck. Why the fuck did we sight him? If we wanted a Vet RW to put with Huberdeau and Mueller, we should've inked Jagr.

- Tonight I could count on one hand the people who wanted to be there. Kopecky is god damn warrior. He's hurt, he's bleeding but you know what ? He puts his heart on his sleeve and plays his ass off. Skille is just what you want on a 4th liner, hard work and fucking grit. Flas took a while but he rose up and was beasting in the 3rd. Weiss was busy loafing around on the ice. Huberdeau, when a 173 lb 19 year old is the only one in the crease for rebounds something is wrong. He made the best chances out of our top 6. Mattias and Shore actually came to play too.

- Softness. This hits me in the gut as a Panther fan. I grew up when we iced Mellanby, Laus, Worrell, and Jovo. In other words you DID NOT FUCK WITH THAT TEAM. When I see flash get sucker punched and we don't retaliate with a 4th line that can fight? That is fucking bullshit when this team can't stand up physically. There better be a fucking answer to that in the next game. Send the message you can't push this around without consequence. We ran out taking that sucker punch like whipped dog. Embarrassing. Last season Gudbranson stepped up against Tampa and you tell me Parros can't do the same?

- Injuries: Versteeg Goc Bergy are massive holes in our line up and it shows. What we needed this game was a Bergy type individual effort to start a comeback. Versteeg is a finisher on the top line.

Depressing and embarrassing road trip. Fix this shit Dineen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Kovalev you saw tonight is the one you'll see for most of the season unfortunately, that's why he wasn't signed with another team already. It's incredibly refreshing to see the Habs being consistently physical and not getting pushed around. They play hard, and showed the killer instinct they needed to against a tired team.

Wings fans had a good run of reward, for some of the more hardcore ones (none here) they got a real big sense of entitlement. It's time they found out what a little bit of pain and disappointment is like, and what missing the playoffs is all about.

Not like they don't have anything to look forward to with Brunner though!

Top Bottom