• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Clydefrog

Mf6kdIg.png

RtJmZ.gif

ok.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, Wings fans, are you past the anger stage and on to acceptance yet?

A number of them here seem to have accepted it before the season, but it's one thing saying it, and another seeing it unfold with their very eyes.

Before the season I predicted we'd miss the playoffs this year. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to watch, though.

Solo

Oilers are still the Oilers I see.

Neat that the Sarnia connection (Yak and Gally) both scored their first NHL goal in the same night.

I had a dream that Komisarek was traded for a 2nd and Franson for future considerations or something and we were arguing about how Komi was worth a 2nd but we got nothing for Franson.

Feb 14 th is when the Habs come to Florida. Gudbranson will be there too. I''m expecting Strachan, Ellerby, Gudbranson, Parros all to be "present." We'll see RED for sure.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I do hope so. Gorges too, fucken everyone. I'd love to see Huberdeau go after Gally to. Goonery everywhere!

Gorges didn't do anything. Ryan White is the only guy in the game who did anything, and he'll probably have to fight Parros next game. I think he'd gladly fight any of the other guys you listed but Parros, so you better hope he gets his hands on him before your other "tough" guys do.

Surge

Not that it will make much of a difference for the outcome of the game tonight but Reimer is starting.

I expect the Pens to put up atleast 5 goals on the board.

Gorges didn't do anything. Ryan White is the only guy in the game who did anything, and he'll probably have to fight Parros next game. I think he'd gladly fight any of the other guys you listed but Parros, so you better hope he gets his hands on him before your other "tough" guys do.
Gudbranson is a very tough fighter, he took over enforcer duties for last season when we were benching Barch. He's gone toe to toe with some of the best and won. I've been watching Strachan scrap in the AHL and he's damn good at it. Ellerby I'd put at a middlewieght. He'll even old man Jovo proved last season he can still drop the gloves.

I'd expect Gorges to get a good bump from Parros, but I definetly want him to go after White. Nothing rustles my hockey jimmies more than goon shit that goes unanswered.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Let's just all agree that Crosby gets injured, yes?

Gudbranson is a very tough fighter, he took over enforcer duties for last season when we were benching Barch. He's gone toe to toe with some of the best and won. I've been watching Strachan scrap in the AHL and he's damn good at it. Ellerby I'd put at a middlewieght. He'll even old man Jovo proved last season he can still drop the gloves.

I'd expect Gorges to get a good bump from Parros, but I definetly want him to go after White. Nothing rustles my hockey jimmies more than goon shit that goes unanswered.

I still don't know why you want Gorges involved. All those guys, Gudbranson included, are equal to, or less than the though guys Montreal has. Parros is the difference maker, and I fully expect White fights him, unless one of those other guys on your team are morons and challenges him first.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Let's just all agree that Crosby gets injured, yes?

I still don't know why you want Gorges involved. All those guys, Gudbranson included, are equal to, or less than the though guys Montreal has. Parros is the difference maker, and I fully expect White fights him, unless one of those other guys on your team are morons and challenges him first.

Yeah, White can fight Parros. You could argue if you thought that the Gorges hit was bad (which it wasn't on replay) that he got it back from the hit from behind several feet from the boards.

What the hell kind of schedule is this? So we plan the Sens twice in 3 games while they rest and get to play us back to back? And we get to do this after playing a Habs team that had only played 1 game so far.

Screw all of you and the Red Wings for being absolutely pathetic in almost every aspect right now.

and guess what, let's add another injury to our 8 or so guys who are already out!!!

White to miss 2-3 weeks.

JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's even worse than a GM Connected sim in terms of number of injuries in a short span, who would have figured!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate everything and everyone right now except Brunner

vlW7L.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Screw all of you and the Red Wings for being absolutely pathetic in almost every aspect right now.

and guess what, let's add another injury to our 8 or so guys who are already out!!!

White to miss 2-3 weeks.

JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's even worse than a GM Connected sim in terms of number of injuries in a short span, who would have figured!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vlW7L.gif

So you're saying gm connected injuries are realistic? See ;) and gm connected Sims are usually 6/7 games at once, so there could be even more injuries! :p

That's my rant for the day, enjoy the entertainment while you can as I don't know if I'll be around to gouge my eyes out at the horrible play of next game or not when Minny defeats us 20-0.

So you're saying gm connected injuries are realistic? See ;) and gm connected Sims are usually 6/7 games at once, so there could be even more injuries! :p

Red Wings suck and EA actually knows what they are doing, yeah it's the end of the world.

Revenant

That's my rant for the day, enjoy the entertainment while you can as I don't know if I'll be around to gouge my eyes out at the horrible play of next game or not when Minny defeats us 20-0.

Pfffftttt

You'll be here, you'll like it in some weird way, probably dripping hot candle wax on your chest every time Quincey gets turnstiled or coughs up the puck.

Montresor

Leafs top 3 lines this morning are so cray cray!

Macarthur-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Lupul-Kadri-Komarov

I like how all three lines are pretty much interchangeable. Just because Kessel is the big name all-star doesn't make his line the 1st line anymore. Kadri is beasting and Lupul is going to help big time with that.

The "2nd line" with JVR-Grabo-Kulemin is filled with players who are good on paper but they have done nothing offensively this year. They have to step it up.

Pittsburgh is an incredible team. Tonight will be tough no matter what. A part of me wants to say that the Leafs have been a pretty damn good defensive team over the past two games, but I could still see Pittsburgh getting 5 goals. I hope it's a close game, that the Leafs limit Pittsburgh to 2 goals, and that the Grabo line does SOMETHING.

Delryk

White to miss 2-3 weeks.

vlW7L.gif

Maybe you can compete with Rangers and Philly for 1st pick!

What the hell kind of schedule is this? So we plan the Sens twice in 3 games while they rest and get to play us back to back? And we get to do this after playing a Habs team that had only played 1 game so far.

Well we certainly need to take advantage. The Panthers will either be exhausted or really pissed off after the loss.

We've got a good record against the Panthers and Andy is unbeaten against them so things should be in our favor but we lost the last game in Florida so who knows.

Damn... Stars plane had mechanical issues.. Didn't get to fly out last night from Detroit so lost a day of practice.. But got a day of rest!

Also - Red Wings losing another.. ouch.

Top Bottom