• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Parch

The effects of this settlement will really kick in next off season when team are struggling to make cap and using the buyouts. The crop of UFA's are going to be pissed with the crap offers.

The effects of this settlement will really kick in next off season when team are struggling to make cap and using the buyouts. The crop of UFA's are going to be pissed with the crap offers.
I really hope that is true. It would be great to see the contracts come way down.

I'm thinking of guys like Semin, who signed one-year deals for the chance at bigger deals later.

stat lines are cool
He played just as fine, his PP work was integral to Can's PP points. He worked great setting up plays, and splitting the defense. Even his empty netter from his blue line was a nice shot. Was it his best tourney? No. Maybe it was him not knowing where he would play next? Maybe it was coaching?

It's funny to see people trying to discount him even a few months after he led the Subway series in points. Now he's on the big stage,. Last time he did lead the Panthers in scoring last preseason. I'll say it again 20-25 pts this year.

Socreges

Banned
FAZED HUBERDEAU

Never the same again

RE: Luongo, since each team has two compliance buyouts, I wonder if that makes him more attractive to some teams. Not because his contract becomes any more palatable, but because more teams could make space for hi-LUONGO TO TORONTO LUONGO TO TORONTO LUONGO TO TORONTO- never mind

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Good news.

@MaStrozyk: Swedish federation announces new agreement with NHL, which allows NHL teams to sign drafted Swedes for up to 4 years, instead of just two

CrankyJay

Banned
This is almost 0% likelyhood. They're by far the worst with pricing of any of the major sports and their refusal to drop prices towards the end of the season shows how stingy they are on cutting price. Probably still be over $100 since last time they didn't even cut the price in half when it hit the mid point of the season, it was only like a 30% drop in price. I wouldn't give my hopes up.

Center Ice drops price at mid way and also in February during normal seasons.

calder

Some talk on the radio here about lines, and Kane mentioning between skates today that he was looking forward to skating alongside Jokinen etc. Good to be back, now if you'll excuse me I have to re-sell myself on Olli as a true #1 C.

Holy shit, Al Montoya is our backuop. Talk about off season shit I had kinda forgotten lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
Some talk on the radio here about lines, and Kane mentioning between skates today that he was looking forward to skating alongside Jokinen etc. Good to be back, now if you'll excuse me I have to re-sell myself on Olli as a true #1 C.

Holy shit, Al Montoya is our backuop. Talk about off season shit I had kinda forgotten lol.

At least you don't have Ray Emery as your backup.

Cake Boss

Banned
Karlsson with another Norris coming up.

Weber will be exposed for the fraud he is without Suter doing all the work for him.
Doughty is reportedly dead from a cocaine overdose in August following the Stanley Cup celebrations.
Pieterengelo got eaten by Hitchcock.
Keith is playing goalie for the Hawks as a request by Bowman.

Alucard

Banned
546992_501076946593183_902224469_n.jpg

Aw yeah.

Socreges

Banned
Uggghh that was disgusting, Solo. Good thing you edited. Did you take the pic yourself or-- you know what, I don't even want to know.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He played just as fine, his PP work was integral to Can's PP points. He worked great setting up plays, and splitting the defense. Even his empty netter from his blue line was a nice shot. Was it his best tourney? No. Maybe it was him not knowing where he would play next? Maybe it was coaching?

It's funny to see people trying to discount him even a few months after he led the Subway series in points. Now he's on the big stage,. Last time he did lead the Panthers in scoring last preseason. I'll say it again 20-25 pts this year.
He looked pretty bad aside from the first couple games imo, and obviously he was going to rack up points with the players he had on his lines. To be fair though I don't understand where Friedman says scouts thought Galchenyuk played great either, I thought he was good, but didn't stand out as much as I would have liked.

Quick

Banned
Amnesty him already Chiarelli!

No one in his right mind will trade for him

Yeah, Thomas made his thoughts known about taking the year off, and I don't think he's been practicing, so I doubt he's in game shape.

Must be some serious problems happening at home if he decided to throw away a year to spend time with his family.

Acid08

Banned
"@HackswithHaggs: Tuukka Rask said today he tried to call Tim Thomas a few wks ago, but B's goalie changed his phone #. Wonder if he thought it was bugged?"

lol
What a piece of shit. Holed up in his bunker somewhere writing a book about Obama being a Nazi I'm sure.

CREMSteve

You'll love Jokinen, he was hugely popular in Calgary and produced at a steady clip.

The Flames could certainly use him, he left a huge gaping hole at Center in their lineup. :(

fallout

At least he's better than Antropov? :D

Svatos has been invited to Panthers camp. Eh not sure on this. He has one epic season then nothing special. I guess Tallon has something for former Avs.

Top Bottom