• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Cake Boss

Banned
Briere might be the other Flyer to get bought out. He has a cap hit of $6.5m for 13-14 and 14-15, but is only actually owed another $5 million in salary.

Getting rid of him and Bryzgalov for cheaper replacements should give Philly plenty of room to sign Giroux to an 8 year, $60 million deal.

Uhmm for a player like Briere, I don't think you need to buy him out, ton of teams could fit him under the cap and trade for him.

Also who's going to play in net for when Bryz is bought out? Unless you get a goalie in return in a Briere trade then sure.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Wow - hearing ratification process and legal work on CBA may take a while. Could even be five or six more days

ugggghhh

oh and luongo just told a sun reporter (i know, i know) that he could handle toronto if it comes to that. [being traded]

Curufinwe

That's a good point. There should be a few teams who could use Briere's big cap hit.

I'm not sure who they would replace Bryz with, but unless he really turns it around in this short season, they will have to buy him out and then just see what goalies are available in free agency or by trade. Being stuck with an untradeable, medicore goalie taking up 5.67m of cap space until 2020 would be a death sentence.

ShaneB

Man, now that the season will start soon this thread becomes too busy for me to post in it :p I'll miss you guys until the playoffs!

From Freidman's 30 thoughts:

28. Draftees who struggled: Teuvo Teravainen (Chicago). Had 12 points in six games, but "very unmotivated performance until tourney was already over." Jonathan Huberdeau (Florida): He'd been trending upward for awhile, but had a nightmarish event.

Lol

The best thing about the lockout ending are the amateur writers on their fan blogs starting stupid rumors that get fans excited for nothing.

Jizz_83f9fb_975518.gif
Lol true. The hockeyinsider kid tweeted out Panthers were interested in Omark. To quote a rapper, "This shit is fucking ridiculous."

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally watched it again. First time since the theatre. Finally got to hear what all this Fish, Fish, Pasta, Pasta business was all about, :lol

xclaw

Guess it's time to call up Shaw and get the cable re-connected. Should only need Sportsnet, TSN and CBC eh? Not the Sportsnet 2 or TSN 2 ?

Cake Boss

Banned
"@HackswithHaggs: Tuukka Rask said today he tried to call Tim Thomas a few wks ago, but B's goalie changed his phone #. Wonder if he thought it was bugged?"

lol

ShaneB

So is there schedule reshuffling? Or is it basically just jumping into where the season would've been at this point?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So is there schedule reshuffling? Or is it basically just jumping into where the season would've been at this point?

They have to re-shuffle many games. Only games are inside the conference now.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
All, I've created a GAF Yahoo! Roto Fantasy League!

10 spots are left, and I'll be taking the first Gaffers who want in (though preference will be given to long-time members of the GAF hockey community
, and Canucks fans
.) PM me with your email address if you want in.

This is almost 0% likelyhood. They're by far the worst with pricing of any of the major sports and their refusal to drop prices towards the end of the season shows how stingy they are on cutting price. Probably still be over $100 since last time they didn't even cut the price in half when it hit the mid point of the season, it was only like a 30% drop in price. I wouldn't give my hopes up.

Solo

Lol

From the same article:

27. Draftees who looked good: Alex Galchenyuk (Montreal) -- "Stud." (Every NHL executive loves that word.) Mikhail Grigorenko (Buffalo). Joel Armia (Buffalo): "Most pure sniper I've seen in awhile... makes goalies look silly with release and reach... when motivated he was like man with boys." Yaroslav Kosov (Florida): "Played both ends of rink and didn't give up. Looks like a smart pick." Tomas Hertl (San Jose): "gained a step. Excellent vision, hard to contain." Got mixed reviews on Filip Forsberg (Washington).

unf unf unf

(even though he actually didn't look all that good in a number of games :lol)

10 spots are left, and I'll be taking the first Gaffers who want in (though preference will be given to long-time members of the GAF hockey community
, and Canucks fans

My body is not ready.

So in

, and Canucks fans

I want in. :). Thanks for making it.

Ricker

Guess it's time to call up Shaw and get the cable re-connected. Should only need Sportsnet, TSN and CBC eh? Not the Sportsnet 2 or TSN 2 ?

Nah,you should see a ton of games with those 3...here in Montreal,we also have RDS that show all the Habs game and last year,TVAsports showed about 40 Senator games,maybe they will show them all this year since its a short season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
21. Team Canada: Don't like to kick people when they are down, and those were painful defeats for the Canadians. Appraisals were fair and honest. A consistent No. 1 item on that list was that, aside from Morgan Rielly and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins "most guys were ghosts of who they are/who they should be," one NHL scout said.

#1 in our hearts!!!

22. Scouts felt Dougie Hamilton had trouble keeping up with the "pace and expectation" because he's lacked a sufficient challenge in junior. Malcolm Subban, a great competitor, has to work on the glove hand.

Bueno!
Dougie Hamilton will be a fantastic player for the Bruins. I'm getting in the insults now before he gets good

Lol
Lol 9 pts 6 games? Tied 5th overall in WJC? I'll take his "nightmarish" tourney over most players any day. 20-25 pts this season. Book it.

Edit:
The native of Pittsburgh and Florida Panthers 2011 third rounder Vincent Trochek was one of Team USA’s most impressive and consistent forwards. It was very fitting that he would notch the gold-medal-clinching empty-netter.

The world needs more Trochek love.

Fei

27. Draftees who looked good: Alex Galchenyuk (Montreal) -- "Stud." (Every NHL executive loves that word.) Mikhail Grigorenko (Buffalo). Joel Armia (Buffalo): "Most pure sniper I've seen in awhile... makes goalies look silly with release and reach... when motivated he was like man with boys." Yaroslav Kosov (Florida): "Played both ends of rink and didn't give up. Looks like a smart pick." Tomas Hertl (San Jose): "gained a step. Excellent vision, hard to contain." Got mixed reviews on Filip Forsberg (Washington).

If Armia and Grigorenko live up to the hype, the Sabres 2013-14 season is going to be fun to watch.

Top Bottom