• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

CCF23

I hope Luongo gets dealt to Florida. I'd be happy with Weiss, even though he is an impending UFA. Would be a great stop-gap until Kesler is back, and when Kesler is back, would provide scoring depth the Canucks really need.

Plus, it's Florida. We always deal with Florida.

Well he is a known hockey fan, and I'm pretty sure he blogs a lot, not that I ever read them

SURE

He's trying to say something profound, and as you'd expect from a blogging 'rockstar', winds up speaking down to fans who might just be happy to watch a sport they like again.

I hope Luongo gets dealt to Florida. I'd be happy with Weiss, even though he is an impending UFA. Would be a great stop-gap until Kesler is back, and when Kesler is back, would provide scoring depth the Canucks really need.

You'll take Bozak and you'll like it.

He's not that bad...

... actually he is.

Socreges

Banned

Plus, it's Florida. We always deal with Florida.
What makes you think Florida would give up Weiss?

SURE

He's trying to say something profound, and as you'd expect from a blogging 'rockstar', winds up speaking down to fans who might just be happy to watch a sport they like again.

You'll take Bozak and you'll like it.

He's not that bad...

... actually he is.

My buddy reads Matt Good all the time, I stopped listening to him after he went solo and wasn't fun anymore

CCF23

I couldn't tell you. Such was the paucity of talent at that position I think he was even our centre on PPs.

Luongo + Raymond / Reimer + Bozak

:lol

It's not happening without a top prospect not named Gardiner or Reilly coming back. Try Luongo for Bozak, Kadri, and a pick and maybe we're in the ballpark.

Cake Boss

Banned
The fact that he's an impending UFA and the fact that a good majority of their top prospects are centers (Huberdeau, Grimaldi, Bjugstad, Shore, Rau). It's a position of strength.

Based is a LWer and Bgustad is the only prospect who has a legit chance to be a top NHL center in the next year or so, even then he's not ready to be the team 's #1 yet.

Quick

Banned
:lol

It's not happening without a top prospect not named Gardiner or Reilly coming back. Try Luongo for Bozak, Kadri, and a pick and maybe we're in the ballpark.

iiQFp2Mohf5Qs.gif

Socreges

Banned
The fact that he's an impending UFA and the fact that a good majority of their top prospects are centers (Huberdeau, Grimaldi, Bjugstad, Shore, Rau). It's a position of strength.
Then they're left without a #1C for at least two seasons. They'd sooner trade one of their prospects. Plus Weiss would fill only a temporary need on the Canucks. Gillis would rather get prospects or a top6 dman or a 3rd line center.

Weiss has been with the team through the shit team days. He's playing for a legacy honestly. Right now he has most games played as a Panther and is about ~30 goals from most of all time. I don't see any chance of him leaving or being traded.

Whatever the deal (if a deal) it will include Upshall.

Based is a LWer and Bgustad is the only prospect who has a legit chance to be a top NHL center in the next year or so, even then he's not ready to be the team 's #1 yet.

Hubby will start a 2C, we have no one else but Upshall for the 2LW. Also as young and skinny as he is he'll get crushed on the boards. Upshall (or Bergy) can add the grit to keep him safe on that line, otherwise we'll send in Parros.

Rumors that he isn't going to re-sign with the Panthers
He told one of our beat reporters he wants to focus on the season and do contract stuff for after. He would fetch 5 milli+ on the open market though.

Cactus

Banned
I don't think Burke would give up Kadri for Luongo. Too much risk there, IMO. The Leafs can give Vancouver the center and depth defenceman they need, and if Gills wants a prospect as well, he can choose from B and C level guys like Gysbers or Deschamps, or possibly Colborne.

I'm confused, does Florida have a good GM now or something? Don't we just traditionally fleece them? I mean even the Ballard deal doesn't look good for them

I'm confused, does Florida have a good GM now or something? Don't we just traditionally fleece them? I mean even the Ballard deal doesn't look good for them
Bure begs to differ. Loungo tipped it back to Van now the score must be evened.

Pierre Mcguire ‏@nbc_pMcguire
Happy to se that both sides were able to reach around the aisle and come to a deal!

Happy to se that both sides were able to reach around the aisle and come

reach around ... and come

Pierre Mcguire

Top Bottom