• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I swear, if Steam throws more Dota keys at me, I'll get mad. Anyone still want any? :(

Totally forgot the Panthers were becoming Blackhawks contract east. This is what happens when hockey goes away for too long.

Bure begs to differ. Loungo tipped it back to Van now the score must be evened.

Bure wanted out, we got a few years of Jovocop, and some broadcaster who would later be key to getting us chief fail Felix Potvin. Considering how badly our team was wilting that was actually only mostly terrible.

TUSR

Banned
Well then.....I don't know, but I would guess there is no fee just to be on the list, but I would imagine there is a non-refundable deposit to be made once you're getting close to the top.

there is a fee to get on the Canucks waiting list.

probably one for Habs too

Solo

There you go:

Season Ticket Waiting List

Canadiens games have been sold out since January 2004! Register now to secure your spot on the team’s season ticket waiting list.

By registering your name on the waiting list, you will become eligible to purchase a half-season or full-season package.

There is a $100 registration fee per ticket. For more information or to subscribe to the waiting list, please click here or call the Canadiens Sales Department at 1 877 GO FANS GO ext.1

Waiting list rules and regulations

The waiting time varies and is impossible to predict, though it is several years, at a minimum. It is dependant on future renewal rates of current season ticket holders.
There is a $100 registration fee per ticket to purchase a maximum of 2 tickets. This fee is non-refundable, however it is applicable against the future purchase of season tickets.

A $39 annual administrative fee will also be required. This fee is non-refundable and not applicable against any purchase

Your waiting list account and eventual right to purchase tickets are non-transferable to any individual with the exception of immediate family members.

You have the right to decline a ticket offer only once. In the event you choose to decline the first ticket offer, no other offer will be made to you before the following season. If you decline a second ticket offer, your name and request will automatically be removed from the waiting list and your registration fee will not be refunded.

At the beginning of every season and before the public sale of tickets, you will have access to a pre-sale for the purchase of up to 2 tickets for one pre-season game, based on availability.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53057

Beez

Banned
Is there a way I can watch the Leafs on the internet? My dad canceled our cable cause he said it was a waste of money so I only get CBC for the Saturday games.

Socreges

Banned
Can't the same be said of all 30 teams. The Panthers overachieved last season.
If there is a team out there that is willing to trade their #1 center with none coming up soon, they are not looking to compete right now.

Second day in a row where you've bickered with me and I've had no idea what you were trying to prove.

If there is a team out there that is willing to trade their #1 center with none coming up soon, they are not looking to compete right now.

Second day in a row where you've bickered with me and I've had no idea what you were trying to prove.

and second day in a row you are looking to argue just to argue.

Socreges

Banned
and second day in a row you are looking to argue just to argue.
????????????

Both times, out of nowhere, you contradict me. I address what you say and each time you've come back with increasingly irrelevant posts that aren't even related to what you first replied about. It's bizarre.

[edit] Ahhhh

So Henrik's already prepping for a possible SCF series. Got it.

Tabris

Bleacher Report is totally credible and respectable.

I'm going to repeat something from an amazing video essay from Stephen Brunt:

Cynism is easy. So is retreating into historic grudges. And believing it doesn't matter really what you call yourself or where you live. It does matter, or at least it can. It is important to have a shared history. There is power in the collective experience. And admit it, it feels good. It feels good to let your heart show.

Marvie_3

Banned
Tabris has his work cut out for him. Fourtanateson's Beyonce thread was all kinds of amazing.
That seemed more like a cry for help than anything.

LOL, QUICK! Take all the results of the previous few seasons and just mash them up together! ACCURACY RULZ!

Leafs will make the god damn playoffs this season for once, get used to it mad hatters.
"DUCKS ARE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS" SAYS BLEACHER REPORT.

IN YOUR FACE HO-BAG

Because everybody thought after failing to make them in 2010 that we'd rank somewhere like... 4th worst in the league.

Instead we ended up being 4th best in the Western Conference.

Pre-season predictions are especially fuckin' STUPID this year because of all the people who have been playing overseas, the ones who haven't, the injuries to key players, fitness reports etc. There's so many variables which will make this season unpredictable as hell.

Hence why I think the Leafs will make the playoffs.

This is another rule from the league aimed at hammering current back-diving deals (front-loaded, "cheat deals." However, this has changed from its original form when the NHL first proposed it in October.

In the original formula, if a player like Roberto Luongo was traded and retired before the end of his deal, the Canucks (the team who signed him to the contract) would assume his remaining $5.33-million cap early hit in retirement. The new rule in this tentative agreement is different. Now, for any contract in excess of six years, both teams involved in a trade on a contract like Luongo’s would be penalized if he retired before the end of his deal.

To wit: let’s say the Canucks trade Luongo soon. Luongo has played two years of his 12-year contract, the Canucks paying him $16.716 million in salary but only absorbing a $5.33 million cap hit each year. That’s a cap savings of $6.056 million over two years so far for Vancouver. Under this new rule, should the Canucks trade him now and he retires with three years left on his contract, Vancouver would be charged that $6.056 million in cap savings over the final three years left on his deal from 2019 to 2022. However, let’s say for argument’s sake Luongo gets traded to Toronto, the Maple Leafs also would be subject to cap penalties if Luongo retires before the end of his deal.

To wit, part 2: If Luongo were to play the next seven years of his deal in Toronto before retiring, the Leafs would be paying him $43.666 million in salary but only counting $37.31 million against the cap over those seven years, a cap savings of $6.356 million. So if Luongo retires with three years left on his deal (because his salary falls to $1.618 million in the 10th year and then $1 million in the last two years of the deal), the Leafs would get charged that $6.356 million on their cap spread evenly over the remaining three years of his deal.

Don't think there's going to be a trade.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/21219/trades-cheat-deals-and-more-cba-details

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My biggest question marks are:

- how is Markov's health?
- how is Gionta's health?
- which Carey Price are we gonna see?
- who the fuck can be put with Plekanec to get some secondary scoring going? 2nd line centre who got stuck with 4th line scab linemates. We 120% WON'T make the playoffs again if only the Cole-DD-Patches line can score.
- will the patchwork D hold up?
- Markov has been fine since he's been in Russia
- Gionta hasn't had any problems, with over a year worth of rehab and time to heal
- Price wasn't bad last year, just not incredible enough to make up for our shit D at the time
- Cole - DD - Patches needs to be broken up imo, but he will most likely have Gally and Gionta, and there's a chance Bourque could rebound, it's not like he's been shit for a long time
- Our top 4 D is pretty good if Markov can stay healthy

As long as we don't go on any awful losing streaks or get hit with a injury to Subban, Price, Plekance, etc, we have a decent chance at sneaking in that final spot. Id' rather we tank, but the opportunity is there.

Cactus

Banned
Ugh. That pretty much kills his value. I was actually getting a bit excited about possibly having a legitimate #1 goalie again.

I agree with Marvie. If Gillis thinks he can get anything substantial for a guy who will cost his team cap room for 3-5 years after retirement, I think we'll see a buyout before a trade, unfortunately.

My excitement for hockey definitely kicks in when I think about playoffs and watching good matchups in general. I am very stoked for it to be back. I was only bummed during the lockout when I would check the ESPN sportscenter app and see all the good matchups that were cancelled for that day

Top Bottom