• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Stasis

Yeah it should be pretty easy to find a taker with his cap-hit, especially if he returns more to 2009-2010 form which I think he can and will this year or next.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Tom Poti thinks he is ready for training camp. He just needs to be cleared by the medical staff. He hasn't played a game in two years due to his groin problem. If he is somehow able to still play at this level then I wouldn't mind him taking Jeff Schultz's spot on the roster.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope they have games going all day starting at noon, I'd love to just plant myself and marathon some great hockey all day to make up for the last 4 months.

We have any idea when they'll release pricing for Gamecenter or Center Ice? I'm thinking of picking up cable again, but want to wait to see what they have planned or see if the xbox app comes to fruition.

Socreges

Banned
Doesn't Plekanec have 4 years left @ 5m per? I don't think he'd get a very good return. Depends on how he'd do this season, I guess, but he's never justified that contract.

Is the schedule up yet? Anyone know? I'd like to know who the leafs will be facing opening night. As I'm looking to go to the game if possible.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My avatar and body are ready for something glorious to happen in 2.5h Or for the GAF-hypetrain to brutally derail, alternatively.

Red_Man

My avatar and body are ready for something glorious to happen in 2.5h Or for the GAF-hypetrain to brutally derail, alternatively.
V3LL8.jpg

Smiley90

I just saw it tonight in the funny pics thread, great timing.

It was posted on reddit yesterday I think, and then was posted in various "upcoming pokemon announcement" threads on GAF, so I'm not surprised it's going around :p Pretty sure it found its way/was made BECAUSE of the announcement-hype.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've seen that picture way too many times in the past 2 days. Doesn't make it less true though. But who cares, I'm not ashamed, Pokemon is awesome. Pretty much grew up with it.
nintendo needs to go back to the original pokemon. the new ones are fucking lame. gimme a charmander over biketirechu any day.

Smiley90

nintendo needs to go back to the original pokemon. the new ones are fucking lame. gimme a charmander over biketirechu any day.

3DS Pokemon Generation VI. Gimme. I don't care what the pokemon are like, but 3d Pokemon would be glorious.

but yes, more organic and simplistic stuff would be nice

So Heretic, seems that Koivu is gonna be centering the third line...

Wonder if that means Selanne will be playing on the third line too... Or are we gonna see Holland centering him on the second?

3DS Pokemon Generation VI. Gimme. I don't care what the pokemon are like, but 3d Pokemon would be glorious.

but yes, more organic and simplistic stuff would be nice

Fuck that. I traded in my 3DS because there was nothing worth owning on it. I want a DS game.

...Considering staying up. Just found out this was going on and it's only two hours...

Smiley90

Fuck that. I traded in my 3DS because there was nothing worth owning on it. I want a DS game.

...Considering staying up. Just found out this was going on and it's only two hours...

There won't be anymore DS games, that ship is long, long gone. It'll be a 3DS game. Also check out the OP, the HTML-tags of the announcement page pretty much confirm it's for 3DS. At this point, it's either gonna be Gen6 (most likely) or a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Remake for 3DS (less likely, since they'll probably wanna have the 1st game of the gen be a new game).

Gen 6, I'm so stoked.

Now back to your regular (ha, regular) hockey program.

CCF23

A wild Fehr appeared!

The NHL sent out Gary Bettman.

Bettman used low kick. It's not very effective.

Fehr used bide. Fehr is storing energy.

Bettman used theif. Bettman stole the Fehr's contracting rights.

Fehr is still storing energy.

Bettman used confusion. The wild Fehr is now confused.

Fehr is confused. Fehr hurt himself in his confusion.

Bettman used bide. Bettman is storing energy.

Fehr used bide. Fehr is storing energy.

Bettman is still storing energy.

Fehr is still storing energy.

Bettman unleashed his energy. Bettman's attack missed.

Fehr unleashed his energy. A critical hit.

Bettman fainted.

Solo

- Price wasn't bad last year, just not incredible enough to make up for our shit D at the time

He wasn't bad, you're right, but he also wasn't capable of stealing games like he was in 2010-2011.

if emelin continues his progression, i see him and markov forming a similar duo as komi/markov.

Let's hope not - Komi was fucking terrible and if it weren't for Markov covering his ass with those beautiful first passes out of the zone, Komi would have been exposed as a shit defender long before he hit Toronto.

Interesting note from the Habs presser today regarding Gally, Therrien said that if he remained with the team for the full season he would be living with an older mentor. Great news to hear from management.

He won't make the team out of camp though I don't think.

Agreed. Who'd you see him rooming with? Plek? I think that'd make sense.

Cole.

Doesn't Plekanec have 4 years left @ 5m per? I don't think he'd get a very good return. Depends on how he'd do this season, I guess, but he's never justified that contract.

Look at who he's played with the past 2 seasons. Scrubs. Still managed to put up 57 points in 2010-2011 though and 52 points in 2011-2012 while playing with 4th liners. In 2009-2010 when him, Cammy and some combo of Gionta/Kostitsyn were together, he put up 70, and when he played with AK and Kovalev in 2007-2008, he put up 69 points.

The reason why his numbers have fallen in Montreal is two-fold: a revolving door of shit linemates and being forced to play the shutdown role as he's by far our best defensive centre. Look at his insane PK minutes.

There's no doubt in my mind that Pleky's numbers would rise a lot on a better team.

Montresor

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=57262383&postcount=52

Here are a list of several cap-circumventing contracts from the last CBA, and the penalty that teams will incur if these players retire before their "$500k" years.

Format of list:

[Player] / [Age when Contract Ends] / [Cap Recapture Penalty, in millions, that is incurred if the player retires before the bogus years kick in] / [Length of Penalty]

Kovalchuk - 42 / $4.7 x 5 years
Luongo - 43 / $4.1 x 3 years
Hossa - 42 / $4.275 x 4 years
Weber - 41 / $6.9 x 3 years
Parise - 40 / $6.2 x 3 years
Suter - 40 / $6.2 x 3 years
Keith - 40 / $3.7 x 2 years
Zetterberg - 40 / $5.2 x 2 years
Franzen - 40 / $2.95 x 2 years
(Brad) Richards - 40 / $5.7 x 3 years
Lecavalier - 39 / $6.5 x 2 years
Ehrhoff - 39 / $3.0 x 3 years

Red_Man

Gardiner still has concussion issues, and there's conflicting reports on whether or not Kovalchuck with return. I really hope he doesn't.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

Here are a list of several cap-circumventing contracts from the last CBA, and the penalty that teams will incur if these players retire before their "$500k" years.

Format of list:

[Player] / [Age when Contract Ends] / [Cap Recapture Penalty, in millions, that is incurred if the player retires before the bogus years kick in] / [Length of Penalty]

fuck you philly!

Montresor

Wow at the graphics. They're finally doing something interesting with the visuals....

I'm guessing it's still going to have random battles and lots of grinding. And certain Pokemon will only be attainable at conventions. If so, no thanks. I liked Red/Blue/Yellow (especially Yellow, having Pikachu follow you around was very cute) but I skipped all the way to Pearl/Diamond a couple of years ago and found that the series still has all the same fundamental problems. Grinding, random battles, and unattainable Pokemon. And worse is that they made the single player experience so suffocatingly bloated, with breeding and other annoyances.

Red_Man

Good chance Commodore gets a look at Habs training camp. Kind of random with all the extra D men we already have.

Montresor

I hope Nashville trades him to Philly anyways this season for dat fleecing.

If offer sheet rules haven't changed then Nashville still can't trade Weber to any team until July 1st 2013. When you match an offer sheet you're locked to that player for one full year before you can trade him.

Curufinwe

Format of list:

I thought Pronger and Bryzgalov would be on that list.

Top Bottom