• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

I wonder what Ovi will do. I saw him on the news the other day after the lockout ended saying he wont come back if they try to lower his salary at all, but I guess since they wont be doing that he will come back. It would be interesting f the KHL could offer him more. I wonder where the KHL gets so much money, the few games I have caught on the ESPN app on 360 didnt look close to sold out.

He arrived yesterday D:

bxRe0.jpg

Edit: Beaten like a rented mule.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck the Stars, but this is hilarious

Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars
At least our #9 got the job done..... RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!" pic.twitter.com/06y0e6iG

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/288666995044519937
:lol
It probably might have been mentioned here but you can't bury salary in the minors anymore.

You can send players to the minors, it seems, but you can't bury their salary.

It's like this... any player who makes over minimum salary (which is 525k) plus 375k will have the remainder of their salary counting against the cap..

two way contracts exempt unless ahl salary is over 900k

So guys like Redden and Olesz are going to count against the cap.

The Rangers are going to have to shed salary.. that puts them over the cap and they still have to sign Del Zotto

EDIT1: Or maybe not.. Capgeek had Redden in the buried category... so the Rangers are okay

EDIT2: As for ELCs.. I don't think the performance bonuses count.. so they aren't subject to that rule
I don't think Capgeek has updated that in their system yet. Either way, Olesz was getting bought out next summer anyway.

The teams are the playthings of Russian billionaires. a money laundering scam for the Russian mafia

Curufinwe

It probably might have been mentioned here but you can't bury salary in the minors anymore.

You can send players to the minors, it seems, but you can't bury their salary.

It's like this... any player who makes over minimum salary (which is 525k) plus 375k will have the remainder of their salary counting against the cap..

two way contracts exempt unless ahl salary is over 900k

So guys like Redden and Olesz are going to count against the cap.

The Rangers are going to have to shed salary.. that puts them over the cap and they still have to sign Del Zotto

EDIT1: Or maybe not.. Capgeek had Redden in the buried category... so the Rangers are okay

EDIT2: As for ELCs.. I don't think the performance bonuses count.. so they aren't subject to that rule

Thankfully Matt Walker is in the last year of his deal.

Socreges

Banned
Look at who he's played with the past 2 seasons. Scrubs. Still managed to put up 57 points in 2010-2011 though and 52 points in 2011-2012 while playing with 4th liners. In 2009-2010 when him, Cammy and some combo of Gionta/Kostitsyn were together, he put up 70, and when he played with AK and Kovalev in 2007-2008, he put up 69 points.

The reason why his numbers have fallen in Montreal is two-fold: a revolving door of shit linemates and being forced to play the shutdown role as he's by far our best defensive centre. Look at his insane PK minutes.

There's no doubt in my mind that Pleky's numbers would rise a lot on a better team.
Wait, so you like that contract?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm heading down to the sports store to get my Brad Isbister nameplate on my Canucks jersey switched to a Cam Barker one. Thoughts?

I'm kidding. I don't even own a Canucks jersey.

From the Flyers Facebook:
The black team defeated the red team today on a half sheet of ice today at the Skate Zone. Black team consisted of defensemen, Coburn, Lilja, Meszaros and Timonen and goalie Bryzgalov. Red team consisted of forwards, Giroux, Hartnell, Read, Shelly and Leighton.

Leighton is so bad our shitty defense beats our amazing offense when they have him in net....

sammich

Ive been annoyed but patient while this CBA BS was going on, but now that its settled.. im fed up and want the season to start RIGHT NOW DAMN IT.

Socreges

Banned
I'd prefer $4M per, but its still not even close to being a bad contract at $5M per year.
So not bad, but... stupid? Ludicrous? (I actually remembered that debate because I was a part of it and FJ was so passionate)

His numbers have gone down meanwhile despite having more ice time, top PP minutes, and usually having good linemates (IIRC he was put on a line with Moen sometimes last season).

[edit] His contract isn't bad enough to be just a cap dump, but my point was that he isn't going to fetch a great return either.

Solo

So not bad, but... stupid? Ludicrous? (I actually remembered that debate because I was a part of it and FJ was so passionate)

His numbers have gone down meanwhile despite having more ice time, top PP minutes, and usually having good linemates (IIRC he was put on a line with Moen sometimes last season).

[edit] His contract isn't bad enough to be just a cap dump, but my point was that he isn't going to fetch a great return either.

You bastard. Sneaky cunt! I was butthurt over Halak at the time :/

Anyways, its kind of hard to describe Pleky's value to someone who doesn't watch a lot of Habs games.

Solo

$5m/yr does look better 2 and a half years later, though, considering some of the contracts guys have gotten.

I guess I'm just saying that if you swapped Plekanec and Desharnais, Plekanec could easily be a 70 point (or 40 point, for a short season) guy again.

At least this year he'll have Gionta.

Socreges

Banned
You've persuaded me. Plekanec could fill in for Kesler until he's healthy, and then drop down as our 3rd line center. We'll send Ballard, Cam Barker and a conditional 7th your way.

Wow at the graphics. They're finally doing something interesting with the visuals....

I'm guessing it's still going to have random battles and lots of grinding. And certain Pokemon will only be attainable at conventions. If so, no thanks. I liked Red/Blue/Yellow (especially Yellow, having Pikachu follow you around was very cute) but I skipped all the way to Pearl/Diamond a couple of years ago and found that the series still has all the same fundamental problems. Grinding, random battles, and unattainable Pokemon. And worse is that they made the single player experience so suffocatingly bloated, with breeding and other annoyances.

The whole trading online thing makes the unattainable problem simple to solve.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
You've persuaded me. Plekanec could fill in for Kesler until he's healthy, and then drop down as our 3rd line center. We'll send Ballard, Cam Barker and a conditional 7th your way.

We'll even throw in Taylor Ellington's old jock strap!

Socreges

Banned
Wow at the graphics. They're finally doing something interesting with the visuals....

I'm guessing it's still going to have random battles and lots of grinding. And certain Pokemon will only be attainable at conventions. If so, no thanks. I liked Red/Blue/Yellow (especially Yellow, having Pikachu follow you around was very cute) but I skipped all the way to Pearl/Diamond a couple of years ago and found that the series still has all the same fundamental problems. Grinding, random battles, and unattainable Pokemon. And worse is that they made the single player experience so suffocatingly bloated, with breeding and other annoyances.
The actual world looks like garbage.

Never played a Pokemon game.

The whole trading online thing makes the unattainable problem simple to solve.

There's not much grind. Gym Leaders are still easy and unless you skip the tall grass and other trainers your Pokemon level quite quickly. The EXP scaling makes it easier to train lower-level Pokemon as well.

Breeding, EV's, and IV's are completely optional. They're more like endgame things to do.

Heretic

wJRQ2.png

go canes!

That's way better than what us Ducks fans got...

Tim Ryan said:
Statement from Ducks Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer Tim Ryan
Sunday, 01.06.2013 / 9:29 PM / News

We are all very pleased to hear the news of a tentative agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA. We would like to thank all of our fans, including our season ticket holders, sponsors and partners, for their patience during this difficult process. Over the next several days, we expect to be able to provide more information and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to the return of Ducks hockey at Honda Center very soon and can't wait to see you all.

- Ducks Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer Tim Ryan

This was copied and pasted and sent to us season ticket holders too :D

Top Bottom