• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Oh god. Why does my body hurt from drinking.

images

If you don't remember, don't ask.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ohgod, how did I miss this tweet, from the Ducks game on Friday:

uG2Bupn.jpg

(does everyone know what this is about? If not, it's when Luongo had... to have an extended washroom brake during 2nd (or 3rd?) OT during the 07 playoffs against the Ducks and his backup had to play. Because he was pooping.)

Ohgod, how did I miss this tweet, from the Ducks game on Friday:

uG2Bupn.jpg

(does everyone know what this is about? If not, it's when Luongo had... to have an extended washroom brake during 2nd (or 3rd?) OT during the 07 playoffs against the Ducks and his backup had to play. Because he was pooping.)

Slowpoke.gif

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
WTF Sharks
Impressive
Reminds me of that insane run that the Bruins went on last year where they outscored their opponents by ridiculous amounts

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price referred to his goal post as Sigfried and Roy today, pretty cool for Jay Baruchel as he wrote Goon, and is a huge Habs fan.

Solo

Hello again, guys. Just popping in to say dat Galchenyuk/Gallagher play and dat future second-straight-Habs-player-to-win-the-Masterson Markov hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I'm almost all healed up and almost off the drugs. I'll be back in 48 hours when I'm all done to bring the Habs fapping quota back up.

Solo

UNF.

He looks so good. Constantly moving around, don´t give the puck away and takes shots. He looked really stupid on the pinch earlier but overall he has seemed great so far this season. I guess he makes you guys miss Subban a lot less?

It helps with Subban's loss, but doesn't make me miss him any less. He's still our best puck rushing D man and will make this team even better. Him and Markov on 2 different PP units is boner inducing.

Yeah having him return to form really helps fill the void left by Subban. Even when he returns it's good to know he doesn't have to be the number 1 guy.

HEALTHY Markov (which we're basically witnessing for the first time since early 2010) > Subban. Hell, healthy Markov > most NHL defensemen. His poise and hockey IQ is nearly unmatched. People are high on Subban for very good reason, but lest we forget that Markov was our best player for nearly a decade before the injuries.

HEALTHY Markov (which we're basically witnessing for the first time since early 2010) > Subban. Hell, healthy Markov > most NHL defensemen. His poise and hockey IQ is nearly unmatched. People are high on Subban for very good reason, but lest we forget that Markov was our best player for nearly a decade before the injuries.

Yeah but the thing is that it has been years since he had a somewhat healthy season and at his age it is remarkable to be back where you used to be after being away for so long. Sure some people play until they are way older then what markov but when they have been so injury plagued, I am really surprised.

Hope you are doing good whatever your problem is btw.

Versteeg skating with Flash and Kopecky. Goc and Gudbranson's suspensions lifted. Santo is skating between Hubby and Mules. I'm pretty sure Shore is playing in the AHL ASG and will be back tues. no way he dresses Santorelli again, and Hubby-Shore-Mueller was our best line vs Philly. Kovalev on a third line with Upshall and Mattias.

Weiss also skating but in a non contact jersey.
Goc also in no contact jersey

So far that leaves the line up as:
Flash-Kopecky-Steeg
Hubby-Shore-Mules
Upshall-Mattias-Kovalev
Skille-Smithson-Parros
Santorelli

Questionable: Goc Weiss, Gudbranson

OnPoint

Man, tough start to the Sabres' season. I thought they looked really good in the opener and against Toronto, but Carolina and Washington have made mincemeat of the team. This is not good.

What I like:
- The top line's performance has been stellar
- Tyler Ennis seems to be finding his feet
- Miller hasn't looked shaky
- The team as a whole has defended Miller well so far
- Ott has played great physically
- Grigorenko has been playing pretty well, nothing flashy, but solid

What I don't like:
- Lines 2, 3 and 4 have next to no consistent compete level
- Lines 2, 3 and 4 have next to no goals
- Line 1 was useless without Vanek
- The team doesn't seem to play hard when down and the game is within reach
- Tyler Myers seemingly having his rookie season this year
- Seriously, why is Tyler Myers so bad now?

Yeah, it's been 5 games. But I'm not feeling confident about this squad. They need someone who can step up and lead by example night in and night out aside from Vanek. I say that only because he has been doing that for years but nobody seems to follow suit. They need someone who can inspire them.

Toronto fans should feel pretty good about playing this squad tomorrow. They look like they're lost at sea without a rudder or a captain.

you've inspired me to provide my thoughts on the wings' season so far in the same format, OnPoint:

What I like:

What I don't like:
- everything

Curufinwe

Yeah, what's going on over there? Are you guys missing Lidstrom that much? Or is it just a rough start so far?

Losing one of the best defenseman in the league is really hard to deal with. Really hard.

Leighton needs to go back down to the Phantoms ASAP. He's a goalie who needs to play all the time to be decent. As a backup playing 10% of the games he's going to be awful. Bring Back Boosh.

Losing one of the best defenseman in the league is really hard to deal with. Really hard.

Leighton needs to go back down to the Phantoms ASAP. He's a goalie who needs to play all the time to be decent. As a backup playing 10% of the games he's going to be awful. Bring Back Boosh.

Why not give Scott Munroe a shot to be the backup? We have already given Boosh a bunch of chances.

Montresor

Leafs:

What I like:

-Phaneuf and Kostka playing big minutes. Phaneuf playing like a competent defenseman and Kostka coming out of nowhere to be Phaneuf's defensive partner.

-Kadri beasting, finally making the team and proving he belongs

-JVR, Grabo, and Kulemin playing well

-Bozak doing exceptionally well at the faceoff circle

What I don't like:

-The goaltending, both Reimer and Scrivens let in too many softies (though Reimer played okay on Saturday)

-Absolutely no defensive depth. Phaneuf and Kostka played 30+ minutes on Saturday and that is unacceptable. Yeah I like big minutes from our defensive studs but they should be playing 25 minutes max. The fact is the rest of our defenseman are shit. So Carlyle is forced to lean on Phaneuf and Kostka waaaay too much.

-Kessel still playing like a softie. I guess that will never change.

-Komarov hasn't really done so much. He was supposed to be a super pest but I haven't noticed anything special from him yet, other than his conditioning.

-Brown and Orr only playing 4 minutes a night. I'm in love with tough players who can protect our stars, but not if they can't play a regular shift. Carlyle is running each game with only 10 forwards instead of 12 because the fourth line has two players that Carlyle cannot trust to play decent minutes.

Derek Roy didn't make the road trip for the Stars with a groin injury.

FML.. =[

But...

Jagr is back! And Lehtonen is expected to play.

Top line for Dallas is...

Loui Eriksson - Jamie Benn - Jaomir Jagr

That line gives me a boner.

How's he been for you btw?

Actually been really good. He holds the puck well and wins along the boards. The best part is that he is pretty good at faceoffs... something that the Stars are terrible at. Thankfully Fiddler (Who is 2nd or 3rd in the NHL in faceoffs this season) and Roy have helped that tremendously.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
-Kessel still playing like a softie. I guess that will never change.

No, no, no, no.

No.

You are not watching the games if you think that. Do you suddenly expect Kessel is going to be a guy that is out there laying the lumber on dudes? He's NEVER going to be a guy who throws checks and bodies guys. But what he has done is improve his two way play. He's not a liability out there like he was the first two seasons if he's not putting up points.

He's a -2 on the season and before last game he was even.

You sound more like you're making your basis on the fact he hasn't scored a goal as yet other then how he's actually playing.

Top Bottom