• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin is killing every decision he's made so far. Time to ship out one of Kaberle or Weber.

How's Howard?

Solid with the usual give up one flukey goal a game (team has let him out to dry quite a bit so far), of course now we also have Mrazek coming up who has been a beast in the AHL so far, I can see him challenging Howard easily for the number one spot after next season. Kid has taken his crazy WJC performance from last year and transitioned it rather well to the pro game. But yeah, prospect pool for us right now is crazy stacked!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just tuned in, what did I miss? Apart from Volpatti going for the "Most obvious tripping penalty of the year" award and Garrison pushing an LA player into/over Luongo?

CCF23

Didn't he gain some weight during the offseason?

15-20 pounds of muscle. He should lose it.

OMG Luongo.

Just tuned in, what did I miss? Apart from Volpatti going for the "Most obvious tripping penalty of the year" award and Garrison pushing an LA player into/over Luongo?

Another slow start for the Canucks. Luongo playing very well.

Solid with the usual give up one flukey goal a game (team has let him out to dry quite a bit so far), of course now we also have Mrazek coming up who has been a beast in the AHL so far, I can see him challenging Howard easily for the number one spot after next season. Kid has taken his crazy WJC performance from last year and transitioned it rather well to the pro game. But yeah, prospect pool for us right now is crazy stacked!

I remember hearing big things about Howard, just never really saw him play

Bergevin is killing every decision he's made so far. Time to ship out one of Kaberle or Weber.

I don't like the Moen signing

Acid08

Banned
-shrug-

I think they have a better offense and apart from having lost to the Islanders, have shown a solid defense and good goaltending. I think they're close, but I'd have to give the nod to Tampa. I really don't think the Sharks are anything more than a one-line team at the moment who's had a somewhat weak schedule. Doesn't mean they're bad. Just think they're above the sharks.

One line is producing but our Clowe-Couture-Havlat second line is one of the best, I'd say. If you're going to nitpick our bottom six, I'd agree with you.

Also, when we get everyone healthy, I think we have a top two defense in the league.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Murray-Demers
Braun/Irwin

CCF23

One line is producing but our Clowe-Couture-Havlat second line is one of the best, I'd say. If you're going to nitpick our bottom six, I'd agree with you.

Also, when we get everyone healthy, I think we have a top two defense in the league.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Murray-Demers
Braun/Irwin

Having a "top two" defense on paper is horse shit. Trust me.

:(

Acid08

Banned
No kidding.

Should be, IMO.

1) Chicago
2) Tampa
3) Sharks

We've beaten the defending champs, the pacific division champs and the central division champs, along with the Wings, who have a talented roster. In addition, the Stars, who have a strong team. Columbus is the only cupcake team we've really played.

Bolts have an explosive offense and have the best team in the East thus far.

The Sharks have beaten fucking Calgary, Edmonton, Phoenix (we did too, to be fair), Colorado and Vancover, Congratu-fucking-lations.

LOL you list last seasons accomplishments as if they mean anything. The Kings have been bad, we beat Phoenix too(maybe you forgot), Detroit isn't that great. The only team you really have on us is the Blues. Beating Vancouver counts as much as beating the Blues does, they're still great. And we're missing two huge pieces of our defense. See you February 5th, chump.

Tabris

Name me a team that had an amazing start that was either Presidents Trophy winner or Stanley Cup winner in last 3 years?

Don't get all uppity guys. Plenty of time to go.

Socreges

Banned
iguWY1SUXrYwG.gif

Acid08

Banned
Name me a team that had an amazing start that was either Presidents Trophy winner or Stanley Cup winner in last 3 years?

Don't get all uppity guys. Plenty of time to go.

More than 10% of the games have been played for each team, every point counts Tabby.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's had a slow start this year, but his value is there. Valuable gritty defensive forward, and a good veteran on the team. Hopefully he picks up his play soon.

I'm trying to get on your level of blowing Hossa
but I don't have any gifs yet :(

If 90%+ of my posts were about Hossa like yours are with Bergevin/Glachenyuk, then this would make sense.

CCF23

Gillis is like the anti-Burke. Always so calm and casual. The team could lose 10 straight and he'd sound exactly the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gillis is like the anti-Burke. Always so calm and casual. The team could lose 10 straight and he'd sound exactly the same.

He;d also do the same. YOU GET A NEW LINE PARTNER AND YOU GET A NEW LINE PARTNER, EVERYONE GETS A NEW LINE PARTNER

Top Bottom