• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what the D pairings will be like now. Emelin has been great with Markov, and Diaz has been great with Gorges. I'd have no problem with Subban starting on the third pairing to not mess up chemistry, but I can see Emelin moving down beside Boullion, maybe going back to the left side.

CCF23

It's that BC Bud

gillis.jpg

I believe it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder what the D pairings will be like now. Emelin has been great with Markov, and Diaz has been great with Gorges. I'd have no problem with Subban starting on the third pairing to not mess up chemistry, but I can see Emelin moving down beside Boullion, maybe going back to the left side.

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Boullion - Diaz

And then

Markov - Diaz
Subban - Bouillon / Kaberle on the PP

Subban / Gorges will still take the tough match ups, Markov shouldn't be playing 25 mins a night, they can. They won't move Emelin, he compliments Markov really well, and will help his learning since he's the only other player besides Gally that can speak Russian.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It is not designed to be used sparingly.

Who hasn't scored a goal in 7 games? *post gif*

Versatile.

Wanted to make it under 5mb, but I wasn't willing to compromise.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else your mind has come up with during your forced absence.

In a full season you imbecile. Teams cannot afford to fuck up for five game stretches this year, no matter what point in the season it is.

Not to mention the compressed schedule with so many back to backs, rust on a lot of players who didn't play during the lockout. Energy and momentum are extremely important.

Blues loss against Chicago was a mental clusterfuck for the first two peroids on the latter half of a back to back.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Boullion - Diaz

And then

Markov - Diaz
Subban - Bouillon / Kaberle on the PP

Subban / Gorges will still take the tough match ups, Markov shouldn't be playing 25 mins a night, they can. They won't move Emelin, he compliments Markov really well, and will help his learning since he's the only other player besides Gally that can speak Russian.

I'm worried about Diaz sans Gorges though, putting him with another small(albeit strong) guy is worrisome, and Boullion hasn't exactly been a stud defensively this season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm worried about Diaz sans Gorges though, putting him with another small(albeit strong) guy is worrisome, and Boullion hasn't exactly been a stud defensively this season.
If they shelter him and give him easy minutes + PP time he should be fine.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Luongo playing for his job back.

FUCKING GOALIE CONTROVERSY

The GOOD kind of goalie controversy. Instead of "which one is worse" we're now talking "which one's better" again.

Also, the sentence "Keith Ballard and Chris Tanev are the Canucks' best defense pairing right now" feels weird.

LOL you list last seasons accomplishments as if they mean anything. The Kings have been bad, we beat Phoenix too(maybe you forgot), Detroit isn't that great. The only team you really have on us is the Blues. Beating Vancouver counts as much as beating the Blues does, they're still great. And we're missing two huge pieces of our defense. See you February 5th, chump.

Looking forward to it.

I'm not insulting you. Still saying you're in the top three in the league, maybe four. :lol

Socreges

Banned
Aaron Ward and this other guy (Milbury doppledouche) are complete idiots.

Luongo has "thrown a wrench" into the Canucks' plans by playing so well.

Yes, because upping his trade value and winning games during these second B2Bs is really a negative thing for this team.

CCF23

I would say homeless dudes should go to Coyotes games to get out of the cold, but, y'know, Arizona, so they don't even have that.

Top Bottom