• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
"8500"

HOCKEY MARKET

"13,000 is the absolute minimum required to sustain a franchise" -Gary bettman on mts center... Tickets for jets games sell at an average $85 per seat

Coyotes average is $35... And that doesn't include the ridiculous freebies

Parch

With this schedule and plenty of back-to-back nights, having 2 goalies to count on is actually a pretty smart plan. Toronto is probably crying salary dump and offering crap for Luongo. Screw 'em. He ain't for free. When it's the summer and Vancouver needs to start worrying about salary cap, that's a different situation and when Luongo can be had for a song. For now, Canucks can use him like they did last year. Winning the President's Cup with 2 goalies seemed to work just fine.

"13,000 is the absolute minimum required to sustain a franchise" -Gary bettman on mts center... Tickets for jets games sell at an average $85 per seat

Coyotes average is $35... And that doesn't include the ridiculous freebies

"everyone in the 100 level gets to fuck my wife. Does not apply to anyone buying 300 level tickets and moving up after the first period"

Socreges

Banned
With this schedule and plenty of back-to-back nights, having 2 goalies to count on is actually a pretty smart plan. Toronto is probably crying salary dump and offering crap for Luongo. Screw 'em. He ain't for free. When it's the summer and Vancouver needs to start worrying about salary cap, that's a different situation and when Luongo can be had for a song. For now, Canucks can use him like they did last year. Winning the President's Cup with 2 goalies seemed to work just fine.
This is true, but on the other hand having one goalie on the bench can be seen as a waste of $5.3m whereas you could have, say, a very good winger for that value. But if Gillis isn't getting helpful players back in exchange, he's right to hold onto Luongo. Might as well just hold onto him than trade for scraps.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Our powerplay is so... hot/cold. either it's really good during a game, or really, really bad.

CCF23

Bad penalty by Hamhuis. Can't do that while protecting a lead.

They're going to tie it on the PP. It's totally by the Canucks book. Fail on two or three PP's to take two goal lead -> take penalty -> opponent ties it.

Probably lose in a shootout.

Oh god terrible call.

Our powerplay:

iilUd.gif

Pikma

Banned
OMG so the Stars actually lost against one of the weakest team (nothing against them though) in the league, huh? Another shitty season waits ahead, I guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks killing hockey in the final minutes. Love it. Hopefully they can hang on.

Seriously, every potential break-out results in a dump&change. So. Boring. To watch. Hope it doesn't bite them in the ass.

EDIT: Totally deserved that, fuck trying to kill hockey.

Top Bottom