• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Acid08

Banned
Anyone download this yet? Need to get some GAF games going.

simpsons.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Acid, is that exclusive to PS3?

I like to think I made both of you feel better even if you came in 2nd.

that is a hard game to come back in completely cold.
You won a couple!

But yeah, when you get some time you should take a stab at my times. Get familiar with the controls again.

Learning nothing from failed goals and overreach is the corollary. Apparently.
Your posts are soothing, sage doses of reality.

CCF23

How much are we paying this defence again?

Oh and I have a PS3, Desi. It's in a box though, moving tomorrow.

D was good tonight. Luongo was good tonight. Coaching was bad tonight.

We got up 2-0 and tried to riiiiiiiiide it home. Typical AV. Sitting on the lead NEVER fucking works.

A power play goal would've been awesome, too.

Also, for the Oiler fans, because god knows it's all downhill from here:

4Qea3G0.jpg

You had ONE JOB, VANCOUVER! MAKE SURE THE QUEENS DON'T WIN GAMES!

Gosh.

Don't get all uppity guys. Plenty of time to go.

No there isn't, did you forget it's half a season? :lol

***EVERY OTHER MEMBER OF CANUCKS-AGE STOP READING HERE PLEASE***

Prepare for the very real possibility that you may not even see playoffs this season.

***THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION***

Aaron Ward and this other guy (Milbury doppledouche) are complete idiots.

Fucking YES. I despise Aaron Ward so much. Worst thing about TSN ever.

Worst promotion night ever.

Gary Glitter pounding at doors to Jobing.com arena before they've even set the ice up.

Fuck rain. .

We've got flooding, power outages, people dying, airlifting from towns and debris happening everywhere here at the moment. Then today, in my hood, the sun comes out nice and bright and makes today really fucking hot and makes all the flooded areas smell like crap.

Yeah. Fuck rain.

Also in gaming news... Fuck Australian prices for video games... I had to pay $120AUD for this:

U0Rm8ap.jpg

Way to exploit Aliens fanboys by having it as an exclusive, EB Games (aka "Gamespot").

CCF23

That's what I'm scared of, Dastardly. There's a very real possibility the Canucks don't even make the playoffs this year, especially if Kesler doesn't come back soon.

There's just such little room for error. 2-2-2 is fine in terms of treading water because at least they're getting points in the games they're losing, but blowing 2-0 leads (which the Canucks have already done multiple times now) is going to cost you. Bigtime.

Thank god we're in the Northworst.

That's what I'm scared of, Dastardly. There's a very real possibility the Canucks don't even make the playoffs this year, especially if Kesler doesn't come back soon.

There's just such little room for error. 2-2-2 is fine in terms of treading water because at least they're getting points in the games they're losing, but blowing 2-0 leads (which the Canucks have already done multiple times now) is going to cost you. Bigtime.

Thank god we're in the Northworst.

YOU WEREN'T MEANT TO READ THAT PART. But yes, gotta be in playoff mode now or not at all. That's why the shakiness from the last Ducks game has me worried. Line juggling at a time where we should have all cylinders on is making me uncertain.

Dastardly, you've also got oil. Lots and lots of oil.

Yeah, it's not feasible though apparently... *sigh* Just when we were 30 years away from mining away every single other natural resource we have here, and stuffing Gina Fatcunts ridiculously loaded pockets.

Socreges

Banned
Any team could miss the playoffs. A 2-2-2 start doesn't make me feel any more worried about that. We're not seeing the full picture yet. However important each game is now, it doesn't change the fact that it will still take time for players to get into game mode, for lines to develop chemistry, and for normally reliable studs to play like studs. Canucks could start 6-6-3 and I still think they could go 20-9-4 the rest of the way and slip into the playoffs. But if they dip below 500 for very long, then they're probably boned.

Canucks probably won't play their best hockey until mid-March or so. I figure by then they'll be battling for a playoff spot, at worst.

CCF23

Any team could miss the playoffs. A 2-2-2 start doesn't make me feel any more worried about that. We're not seeing the full picture yet. However important each game is now, it doesn't change the fact that it will still take time for players to get into game mode, for lines to develop chemistry, and for normally reliable studs to play like studs. Canucks could start 6-6-3 and I still think they could go 20-9-4 the rest of the way and slip into the playoffs. But if they dip below 500 for very long, then they're probably boned.

Canucks probably won't play their best hockey until mid-March or so. I figure by then they'll be battling for a playoff spot, at worse.

There are some good signs, too.

Raymond playing well. Kassian looking ready to really contribute. Schroeder looking like an NHL option. Ballard and Tanev playing outstanding.

All those things (at least for now) are answers to pretty big questions. The Sedins will work themselves out. The defense is too good to be this horrible all year. The biggest thing for the Canucks is Kesler's health is still a complete mystery. If he's back within a couple weeks, the Canucks can tread water. If he's out for another month or two, they might be in a bit of trouble.

And that's also why I wanted you to ignore that broad statement. It's clear that any team could place anywhere, so such a bullet of infallible vitriol can only affect those with blind Chope, like Tabris. And certainly not intended for other Canucks-age Doom-and-Gloomers, they're kicked enough already.

Socreges

Banned
I hear you, Dastardly. Was mostly speaking g generally.

And I wouldn't consider Schroeder much of an option. Still looking awkward out there. I don't like him on the 2nd PP, though I know we're short alternatives at the moment.

Time for Detroit to rise up tonight and get a big 2 points in a victory and the PP and PK will be on fire tonight!!!!!!!!

We're going to lose again because we SUCK! :(

My PS3 sits on a shelf collecting dust, got it for free though and for PS3 Exclusives which just means Uncharted 1-3, and I borrowed Heavy Rain from a friend (I will probably get The Last of Us as well). Other than that I stick with my Xbox for everything or my PC for any PC exclusives I want to try out.

Solo

This arriving yesterday?

janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif

Galchenyuk/Gallagher staying up for the full season and dat Habs youth movement?

janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif
janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif

Bergervin making every GM in the league look foolish by holding strong and signing Subban to a GREAT deal?

janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif
janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif
janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif

See you for tonight's game, gentlemen. Boxes will be stretched.

I hate the 360 exclusives and will never pay to play online (plus all my friends have a PS3). Triple fo lyfe yo.
Fist bump.
My PC has taken most of the load since I got it. Otherwise it is PS3 on most days and my 360 is somewhere in storage.

Lightning lead us in everything but loses. I don't think we'll get a W out of this but I'm hoping for a good springboard game to turn this around. Last year we lost a very played game to Pitt 2-1 in a shootout and went to win the next 4. We need that kind of game. Getting a W would be amazing though.

I actually gave my xbox way last week. Once my gold membership ran dry early this month I realized I have no fucking use for it. Not about to pay an extra $60 to watch netflix when I can just do it with the ps3 for free.

Montresor

Man Toronto goes ballistic (myself included) after a bad loss. There was a lot of negativity on the radio in the past couple of days. The reality is if the Leafs win tonight they're back to 3-3, not such a bad spot to be in.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man Toronto goes ballistic (myself included) after a bad loss. There was a lot of negativity on the radio in the past couple of days. The reality is if the Leafs win tonight they're back to 3-3, not such a bad spot to be in.
It's the worst. Not high enough for playoffs and not low enough for a good draft pick.

And we're facing Buffatrap today too.

Solo

I doubt it. If anything, I can see Bergevin offering the bigger contract in good faith well before we hit the two year mark.

Curufinwe

I still can't believe how little money he settled for. He's easily worth a 4 year, $16 million deal, but either no GM had the balls to offer sheet him or they did, but Subban couldn't bring himself to sign for another team even though Montreal would probably have matched it.

Solo

We've now given Price, Pacioretty, and Subban these 2 year bridge deals. Both Price and Pacioretty got the big money, long term contracts afterwards, as will Subban. It's pretty much club policy now, and I really love that policy. We don't need to get Jose Theodore'd again. Giving a guy the keys to the kingdom coming out of ELC is a recipe for disaster, at least in Montreal. Subban will probably grow up a lot in the next 2 years just like Price did. It seems like ages ago that Price was the kid with the attitude problem.

Marvie_3

Banned
We've now given Price, Pacioretty, and Subban these 2 year bridge deals. Both Price and Pacioretty got the big money, long term contracts afterwards, as will Subban. It's pretty much club policy now, and I really love that policy. We don't need to get Jose Theodore'd again. Giving a guy the keys to the kingdom coming out of ELC is a recipe for disaster, at least in Montreal. Subban will probably grow up a lot in the next 2 years just like Price did. It seems like ages ago that Price was the kid with the attitude problem.

Vezina Trophies:
Jose Theodore - 1
Carey Price - 0

;)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My PS3 sits on a shelf collecting dust, got it for free though and for PS3 Exclusives which just means Uncharted 1-3, and I borrowed Heavy Rain from a friend (I will probably get The Last of Us as well). Other than that I stick with my Xbox for everything or my PC for any PC exclusives I want to try out.

That's all I use my PS3 for, that and Blu-Rays. The majority of the games I like are multi-platform, which have been better on 360. Not really into playing games on a PC.

rellix

This arriving yesterday?

http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG]

Galchenyuk/Gallagher staying up for the full season and dat Habs youth movement?

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG][IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG]

[B]Bergervin making every GM in the league look foolish by holding strong and signing Subban to a GREAT deal?
[/B]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG][IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG][IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/janetj-lapdancevakcr.gif[/I MG]

See you for tonight's game, gentlemen. Boxes will be stretched.[/QUOTE]

i'm sure he'll stick around when he becomes a UFA

TUSR

Banned
All this talk in the OT section has been making me wonder if there is a system in place to prevent performance enhancing drug use. Ive never once heard about NHL players using PED lately.

Top Bottom