• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Solo

Habs 6-0-3 against the Sens in the last 9. Don't really know what to expect from tonight, it's Budaj's first game, and our first back to back. It'll be interesting to see how Markov is used and holds up. I'm predicting only 1 win in the next 3 games, hopefully I'm wrong.

I predict 3 wins. Dat 7-1!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
He's playing Saturday, he just met with the team today. Coach still needs to go through the systems and such with him.

Edit: Fuck hockey market medias, they're trying to spin a story out of how the team reacted to the Subban news and making it seem like everyone hates him now and doesn't want him back.

I know, I hate the media.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Reviews are 9s and 9.5s across the board, FWIW. Unusually high for a SRPG.

Niiiiiice. Yeah I loved the demo, the only thing that put me off a bit were the weird looking character sprites in the map of the battle. Great gameplay and glorious 3d cutscenes though.

Heretic

ibqQulsk5Ch6Db.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Skulls of the Shogun on XBLA and on WP. The asynchronous play is sweet and being able to continue my campaign on my phone is cool.

Samyy

The AHL had an all-star break so he was called up to practice with the Leafs.

Now that's over, he's back to the Marlies to play some games with the team.

Ah okay thanks! Was just a little confused since he seems to be going up and down pretty often

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
GODDAMNIT called EB, apparently they got massive backlash by Nintendo and a mass recall and were told to immediately stop selling it until official release date and take it off the shelves :(

Any1 else notice they changed the old Panthers banners when they added the new one? I just did and I miss the crazy 90's cut out ones. Rectangles are just lame in comparison.

6a00d83451b26169e20168e9bcd4f5970c-500wi

DSC_0541-300x199.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Some stores in Canada (EB, Best Buy) felt they weren't given a street date, so there was nothing to break. So once EB started selling it, the rest joined in (risked losing sales otherwise). Now it sounds like Nintendo is cracking down...?

Anyway, got mine yesterday.

yRqlO.gif

No Arrested Development, no Fire Emblem, no post-Saved By The Bell TV shows. Why do you deprive yourself of great things?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I heard McKenzie say it twice now.

The players and coaches want Subban to "conform" because of him basically being charismatic?

This some bullshit.

And is it true the players have thrown him under the bus once he signed his deal?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

The players and coaches want Subban to "conform" because of him basically being charismatic?

This some bullshit.

And is it true the players have thrown him under the bus once he signed his deal?

Some don't want to talk about and others are just saying that he has to buy into the system like everyone else, which I'm sure he will. Still think too big of a deal is being made of it.

Socreges

Banned

This some bullshit.

I don't think that's how they see it.

PK has a great personality. It's too bad that the media makes such a meal of his 'antics'. But it's certainly possible that he's caused problems in the locker room and guys could be a bit anxious about how he'd unbalance things.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that's how they see it.

PK has a great personality. It's too bad that the media makes such a meal of his 'antics'. But it's certainly possible that he's caused problems in the locker room and guys could be a bit anxious about how he'd unbalance things.

Yeah, it is possible he may not gel or get along with some players but I'm sure that's happens on other teams as well. PK just gets a lot of attention.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

This some bullshit.

They just want him to buy into Therrien's "Team first, no excuses, everyone's accountable" philosophy which is what all the players have been saying. When they were asked about him signing his new contract most of them replied with something along the lines of "He's not here, we're focusing on our games, and when he gets here we'll deal with it" which the media turned into they hate him and such, but it must be really fucking annoying as a player being asked about a guy who's not even playing everyday for 2 weeks. I can see why they were frustrated.

That's not to say I don't doubt he's rubbed some guys the wrong way, but these guys are professionals getting paid millions, they have to put that aside and play.

I wouldn't put PK in the lineup myself until the win streak ends.
You can't do that, you can't have Markov playing 25 mins every night, especially with the amount of back to backs we'll have. Get him in asap so he can get the hang of the new system.

Solo

I hope he plays Saturday, no matter what.

He will play Saturday and Sunday, 100% guaranteed. Just me going on a hypothetical tangent of what I would do if I were coach. Therrien will have him in there Saturday.

More than anything I'll be curious to see how the Bell Centre receives him. Probably will receive some boo birds for the first time.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bob Mac draft ranking special after this game is pretty much perfect seeing if this team loses Spezza and Gonchar out long term, we could be looking at a top 5 pick.

Solo

He'll get a raucous and overwhelmingly positive reception. Subban is a star, no matter what Gionta's goatee thinks.

Not questioning his star power. He's our most marketable player. But this is Montreal. Fans boo even when things are going well. I suspect he'll get a warm reception, however, you can bet your ass that the fans will be all over his ass any time he makes a mistake for the first few games. After 4-5 games though, all will be forgotten.

Top Bottom