• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

They are brothers so the resemblance is not surprising.

0yAFU.jpg

Solo

Might as well do my predictions:

East:

1. Pittsburgh
2. New York Rangers
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Montreal
9. Ottawa
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Tampa Bay
13. Winnipeg
14. New York Islanders
15. New Jersey

West:

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. San Jose
4. Minnesota
5. St. Louis
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix
9. Nashville
10. Calgary
11. Dallas Stars
12. Anaheim
13. Edmonton
14. Colorado
15. Columbus

Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh final - Pens win.

Yes, both Toronto and Montreal.

Solo

Richards and Carter have probably done a mountain of blow during the lockout. Id put them below Van.

You're forgetting that blow FUELS those two rather than having detrimental effects. I don't want sober Carter and Richards on my team. But a tripping balls Carter and Richards? Now there's a team I can build around!

Solo

Guys, don't pick on Dastardly. His Ducks are already going to lose Perry and Getzlaf in 6 months, no need to rub salt in the wounds.

CCF23

East:

1. Pittsburgh
2. New York Rangers

3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Montreal
9. Ottawa
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Tampa Bay
13. Winnipeg
14. New York Islanders
15. New Jersey

West:

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. San Jose
4. Minnesota
5. St. Louis
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix
9. Nashville
10. Calgary
11. Dallas Stars
12. Anaheim
13. Edmonton
14. Colorado
15. Columbus

Not possible. Pitt/NYR and LA/SJ are in the same division.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

East:

1. Pittsburgh
2. New York Rangers
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Montreal

9. Ottawa
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Tampa Bay
13. Winnipeg
14. New York Islanders
15. New Jersey

tumblr_m7r3u3hFou1rpphqm.gif

CCF23

Knew I should have looked at the divisions, lol.

Okay, push the Rags and SJ down one spot each.

Okay, push Washington up to #3 and St. Louis up to #3.

Who takes their place? In the East, one of Carolina, Washington, TB, Florida, Winnipeg has to finish top 3.

In the West it's STL, Detroit, Nashville, Columbus, Chicago.

Excellent.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think Washington might miss

They were flakey last near

Now teammates will fight each other

They don't have semin this year

Some interesting bits about the Russians

Igor Kleyner ‏@IgorKleyner
KHL pres Medvedev makes case that existing NHL contracts may not be binding because they are under new CBA, thus players may walk if chose

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
More Medvedev. "NHL's opinion of itself is so high... OK, let them get drunk on their greatness. We'll see how many Euros look our way"

Slava Malamud
‏@SlavaMalamud
And more Medvedev. "Our league will act according to our own and international rules. If players decide to stay, we will help them."

This should be good....

Heretic

Medvedev getting involved in helping keep the players in the KHL. Cold War pt. Deux

Beaten like a red headed step child :-(

You're forgetting that blow FUELS those two rather than having detrimental effects. I don't want sober Carter and Richards on my team. But a tripping balls Carter and Richards? Now there's a team I can build around!

You don't "trip balls" on coke since Cocaine is not a hallucinogen
itm-eng101.gif

He probably turned down his roommate because he preferred the pillow

You've started posting again
emot-bravo.gif

I thought you were going to make like the Shorks in the playoffs and disappear forever.

Cake Boss

Banned
Schneider is way better than Bernier, so I don't see your point. Bernier's career stats are comparable to Reimer's, while Schneider has proven that he's a capable NHL calibre goaltender.

Schneider isn't that proven, he only has 20 games more than Bernier.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
All, I've created a GAF Yahoo! Roto Fantasy League!

There are a handful of spots left, and I'll be taking the first Gaffers who want in (though preference will be given to long-time members of the GAF hockey community.) PM me with your email address if you want in.

Quick

Banned
Some interesting bits about the Russians

This should be good....

Could the IIHF step in somehow and set them straight? I know that they don't have much authority over the NHL, but what about the KHL? I can imagine the NHL pressuring the IIHF (if they indeed have authority over the KHL) about it if it escalates.

And while I don't really care about Kovalchuk or Visnovsky, it seems all too convenient to have this gaping hole for players to jump through between leagues. I can imagine Ovechkin jumping ship and going back to Russia if it's as simple as getting Medvedev to pull strings.

DopeyFish

Could the IIHF step in somehow and set them straight? I know that they don't have much authority over the NHL, but what about the KHL? I can imagine the NHL pressuring the IIHF (if they indeed have authority over the KHL) about it if it escalates.

And while I don't really care about Kovalchuk or Visnovsky, it seems all too convenient to have this gaping hole for players to jump through between leagues. I can imagine Ovechkin jumping ship and going back to Russia if it's as simple as getting Medvedev to pull strings.

KHL and NHL have both signed an MOU

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371237

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/07/16/sp-nhl-khl-player-transfers.html

Cactus

Banned
Schneider isn't that proven, he only has 20 games more than Bernier.
But his numbers are way better, and he's been successful as a starter. Bernier is nothing more that a competent back-up who might have the skills to be a starter someday. Too much risk there, IMO, especially considering LA would probably want a high pick and/or top prospect for him.

Alucard

Banned

East:

1. Pittsburgh
2. New York Rangers
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Montreal
9. Ottawa
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Tampa Bay
13. Winnipeg
14. New York Islanders
15. New Jersey

West:

1. Los Angeles
2. Vancouver
3. San Jose
4. Minnesota
5. St. Louis
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix
9. Nashville
10. Calgary
11. Dallas Stars
12. Anaheim
13. Edmonton
14. Colorado
15. Columbus

Orgy at your place after the Pens win?

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, there are 4 ways this plays out:
2. Bergevin gives Subban the deal he wants. Subban is happy, probably becomes a career Hab, but Montreal is handcuffed for the next few years with far too much payroll spent on bad contracts to be any kind of contender.
4. Someone offer sheets Subban and Montreal matches. Same deal as #2 but it will set us back even further as it will undoubtedly be a bigger number.
They can't really do either of these because of the tagging rules.

:lol :lol

From the TSN article:

The NHL and Russian-based KHL have extended their memorandum of understanding on player contracts for another year, but remain without a formal transfer agreement.

From what I am reading there is nothing the NHL can do legally except void their contracts and sue any players who stay in the KHL for breach of contract.

Now the IIHF can step in put pressure on the KHL but they can't really stop them.

East:

1. Pittsburgh
2. New York Rangers
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Buffalo
6. Washington
7. Toronto
8. Montreal
9. Ottawa
10. Carolina
11. Florida
12. Tampa Bay
13. Winnipeg
14. New York Islanders
15. New Jersey

LOL.

And LOL doesn't cover the Leafs being even higher ... but hey it's all opinions and all.

Quick

Banned
Anybody watching That's Hockey 2Nite? They just did a rapidfire segment, and I understood nothing from them shouting out answers.

Their consensus answer on which team will drop the most? Red Wings. Sorry, Crazed.

Cake Boss

Banned
Anybody watching That's Hockey 2Nite? They just did a rapidfire segment, and I understood nothing from them shouting out answers.

Their consensus answer on which team will drop the most? Red Wings. Sorry, Crazed.

New Jersey could challenge for that spot.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Why are you apologizing? He has been preaching this since last season.

DopeyFish

From the TSN article:

The NHL and Russian-based KHL have extended their memorandum of understanding on player contracts for another year, but remain without a formal transfer agreement.

From what I am reading there is nothing the NHL can do legally except void their contracts and sue any players who stay in the KHL for breach of contract.

Now the IIHF can step in put pressure on the KHL but they can't really stop them.

LOL.

And LOL doesn't cover the Leafs being even higher ... but hey it's all opinions and all.

Depends on how the mou is worded. If its worded like a contract, it can be legally binding. (If both entities didn't put any declarations stating otherwise)

Oh and Ottawa sucks

Top Bottom