• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You're wrong he went to Norway in the lockout to find his Warrioir Spirit. He will return as: REAL NORWEGIAN HERO JACK SKILLE

Edit: Kovalev is a firm on the "do not want" meter. If Svatos can has really healed and is ready I'm interested.if AK can show promise, sure why not? It looks like Goc, Bergy, Mattias will not start so we do need bodies.
AK is worth taking a chance on, he's got some sick hands when he shows up. If a team keeps up with him, it could pay off for them.

It's quite obvious that you're a deluded Habs fan that thinks key players on his teams are worth their weight in gold.

How's the shoe on the other foot? $5m is an overpayment.
X32uG.gif

Red_Man

Dredger said on the radio this morning that Subban is looking for "Doughty money", why you gotta be like that Subban?

Red_Man

Like how you foresaw there being no season? If he gets an offer sheet Bergevin matches it.

Solo

Not if it fucks over the team he doesn't, which it most certainly will if its over $6M a year.

Either way, I don't see this ending well. Either Bergevin beats Subban down and Subban resents the Habs, or Subban gets his way and our cap situation is fucked.

Solo

Besides, fuck the player that signs an offer sheet. You're basically the hockey equivalent of a mercenary at that point.

Revenant

Don't worrry, I've got a metric shitton of cum-encrusted cheeto-flavored salt I scraped off the floor from Dastardly's orgy that I will be heating to 425 degrees and dumping all over you bunch of cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sacks of monkey shit the second the season starts and Eller sends my boner to 11.

This would all be good, if you weren't as limp-dicked as daniel craigs bond performances. You think after all your bullshit on the season you could just walk on in here and be the previous solo? You've gone flaccid, you don't have half the balls that guy had. hell you don't even have half the balls Tabris has. I'll look forward to going balls deep in your ass as the Canadiens plummet through the standings, though really I should do everyone a favor and fill your throat since that's where most of the shit seems to come out.

Though I actually think the Canadiens will be decent.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dredger said on the radio this morning that Subban is looking for "Doughty money", why you gotta be like that Subban?

Is Philly able to offer sheet him and match?

Detroit?

Philly likes having picks, but Detroit doesn't seem to mind AND they are missing a legendary #1 D man

Solo

EDIT: scratch that! According to Wikipedia, where Subban made less $1M last season, there would be NO compensation coming the other way. Damn, that would hurt. Player needs to be making $8M in order to get the desirable 4 1st rounders back. Talk about a rock and a hard place! Bergevin's in a fucking terrible spot here.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not if it fucks over the team he doesn't, which it most certainly will if its over $6M a year.

Either way, I don't see this ending well. Either Bergevin beats Subban down and Subban resents the Habs, or Subban gets his way and our cap situation is fucked.

Gah, I don't want to change my avatar.

Revenant

I love it when you talk dirty to me, Rev.

It's been too long...

though I am glad to see Bergevin get his shot. Sad to see him go, especially because that brought in PG to the Hawks fold, but the guy is a good hockey mind and deserves the GM gig. hopefully he delivers on it, a Hawks/Habs final would be a great watch.

Red_Man

Though I actually think the Canadiens will be decent.
You're just saying this so I'll continue passing to you in NHL 13, you filthy bastard.

EDIT: scratch that! According to Wikipedia, where Subban made less $1M last season, there would be NO compensation coming the other way. Damn, that would hurt. Player needs to be making $8M in order to get the desirable 4 1st rounders back. Talk about a rock and a hard place! Bergevin's in a fucking terrible spot here.
Just give him a 1 year deal for $4 million, and then when we buy out Gomez and Kaberle give him a verbal agreement you'll give him what he wants. I don't understand what Bergevin is beating around the bush, he's going to be one our best players for years to come.

If I were Boston I would do it D:

Solo

Gah, I don't want to change my avatar.

Well, there are 4 ways this plays out:

1. Bergevin sells Subban on the Carey Price model of a short 2nd contract, a 2 year deal in the $3.5M per year range, with the promise of big money after that if he performs. Might work, might just piss Subban off and send him packing the second he hits UFA.
2. Bergevin gives Subban the deal he wants. Subban is happy, probably becomes a career Hab, but Montreal is handcuffed for the next few years with far too much payroll spent on bad contracts to be any kind of contender.
3. Someone offer sheets Subban and Montreal doesn't match. Lose Subban and get nothing back.
4. Someone offer sheets Subban and Montreal matches. Same deal as #2 but it will set us back even further as it will undoubtedly be a bigger number.

Obviously hoping for #1 and Subban handling it like a pro like Price did.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

1. Bergevin sells Subban on the Carey Price model of a short 2nd contract, a 2 year deal in the $3.5M per year range, with the promise of big money after that if he performs. Might work, might just piss Subban off and send him packing the second he hits UFA.
2. Bergevin gives Subban the deal he wants. Subban is happy, probably becomes a career Hab, but Montreal is handcuffed for the next few years with far too much payroll spent on bad contracts to be any kind of contender.
3. Someone offer sheets Subban and Montreal doesn't match. Lose Subban and get nothing back.
4. Someone offer sheets Subban and Montreal matches. Same deal as #2 but it will set us back even further as it will undoubtedly be a bigger number.

2 seems most likely.

Solo. :(

CCF23

Compensation for an offer sheet is based on the AAV of the signed offer sheet, not on the player's previous contract.

You'd get picks for Subban.

Red_Man

In both these situations Subban eventually gets his $7 million +.....it won't be handcuffing the organization if he's the #1 D man he's suppose to be for the next 15 years. The plan I laid out is much simpler, but I don't know if Subban would bite on a 1 year contract. He did say today that if it was up to him he would retire a Hab, but the balls in the Canadiens court. He's showed a lot more now, then Patches did before his 2 year contract, I don't think it's exactly fair to ask the same of him.

CCF23

So if Subban signed a Doughty offer sheet (7 mil) and the Habs didn't match, they'd receive two firsts, a second, and a third.

Cake Boss

Banned
wordonbaystreet: Done Deal! #Luongo & Cap Flex to #Leafs. Frattin, Bozak & 2nd Rounder to #Canucks. Expect Announcement Thursday (Following Signed CBA) #NHL"

Some Toronto Sun (lol) lady.

Don't worrry, I've got a metric shitton of cum-encrusted cheeto-flavored salt I scraped off the floor from Dastardly's orgy that I will be heating to 425 degrees and dumping all over you bunch of cheap, lying, no good, rotten, far flushing, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sacks of monkey shit the second the season starts and Eller sends my boner to 11.

You're the only person I know who says a lot yet says nothing at all.

Solo

Compensation for an offer sheet is based on the AAV of the signed offer sheet, not on the player's previous contract.

You'd get picks for Subban.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh

In that case, since he'd be at a MINIMUM of $5M, that would be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounder. 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd if he got over $6.25M.

Stasis

Subban really does want to play in Mtl. I know every player has to say it to some degree, but it's genuine coming from him. Otherwise there'd be more cause for concern from Habs fans I think.

I want Slats to get in there. It'd be cool to steal more than one stud D from the Habs.

Top Bottom