• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Now official Count Goc-ula to make his season debut.

i

In honor of Heretic's awesome gift giving, I am going to buy all of you on here abandoned crack dealer infested houses in the middle of Detroit to show my love for you guys. <3

Jovo is day to day after knee to knee collision is Tampa. Tonight Dineen says, "RELEASE THE STRACHAN"

Now we're getting healthy we will have an abundance of bodies. Goc back, Weiss expected to be ready Sunday, Gudbranson expected to rejoin the team Tuesday vs the Jets we will have too many peeps. With Santorelli down in the AHL that means Shore will stick. I think the line up Sunday could be:

Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Hubby-Shore-Mules
Upshall-Goc-Kovalev
Mattias-Smithson-Kopecky
Parros, Skille

Our face-off percentage should be stupid good. Shore is amazing on the draw, Goc and Smithson are both great too. Weiss is slightly below them.

Socreges

Banned
There are less than a million people in the city now. Being out there for new years was so depressing.
"And if people never return, it’s unclear what will happen to Detroit’s nearly 140 square miles — enough to fit Boston, San Francisco and Manhattan with room to spare — that now lie largely vacant."

Crazy to imagine.

There were more people in Detroit in 1910.

"And if people never return, it’s unclear what will happen to Detroit’s nearly 140 square miles — enough to fit Boston, San Francisco and Manhattan with room to spare — that now lie largely vacant."

Crazy to imagine.

There were more people in Detroit in 1910.

Back when it was the Paris of North America. I don't know what the hell you'd do with Detroit at this point, other than turn it into urban farmland.

Marvie_3

Banned
David Shoalts &#8207;@dshoalts
Greg Jamison is out as prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner. Someone is making attempts to put a new group together but it's a huge longshot.

David Shoalts &#8207;@dshoalts
The Coyotes situation is as bad as it's ever been. Back to square one for the NHL. Working on this today. Stay tuned.

Marvie_3

Banned
Did it ever move from square one? Reinsdorf was the best candidate and he took off as soon as he saw the losses.

Not really. Reinsdorf was the only potentially serious buyer they have had in 3+ years. The rest have been fronts to keep Glendale writing checks.

Let's all pitch in and buy the Coyotes and move them to Seattle.

I'll start.

$1.00

I have $4.25 in quarters that I got back in change when I bought pretzels from a vending machine.

This. Call me insane, but with the SuperSonics coming back, I think they'll look to go there and take the huge expansion fees from Québec City and Markham. Makes more sense from a money standpoint.

Seattle doesn't have a solidified ownership group like QC does right now.

Back when it was the Paris of North America. I don't know what the hell you'd do with Detroit at this point, other than turn it into urban farmland.
In a perfect world this is where you could build the city of tommorrow. Green housing, electrical infrastructure to support electric cars. Modern light rail system, fully fiber optic telecom, smart grids. Something that would entice companies to invest in rebuilding and to create jobs. Sadly this isn't a perfect world.

Weren't people looking at moving one there? With the Sonics returning, I reallyyyy doubt they'd have problems finding an owner. It's an untapped market for the NHL. QC would pay up more for expansion.

Quick

Banned
Seattle doesn't have a solidified ownership group like QC does right now.

Quebec City definitely has the ownership group, and they're ahead of Seattle with an arena currently being built ready by 2015, with the Pepsi Coliseum available as a temporary location if they decide to relocate Phoenix right now.

I'd love to see Seattle get a team, seriously.

In a perfect world this is where you could build the city of tommorrow. Green housing, electrical infrastructure to support electric cars. Modern light rail system, fully fiber optic telecom, smart grids. Something that would entice companies to invest in rebuilding and to create jobs. Sadly this isn't a perfect world.

I agree, but city planning is such strange voodoo. It would be great if a big corporation stepped in and said 'We're building the city of the future", but I doubt it happens.

I wonder how much it would cost to just completely level the city and start anew.

Acid08

Banned
I agree, but city planning is such strange voodoo. It would be great if a big corporation stepped in and said 'We're building the city of the future", but I doubt it happens.

I wonder how much it would cost to just completely level the city and start anew.
They need Robocop. Half man, half machine, all cop.

Acid08

Banned
I fucking hate that little turd face kid from Robocop 2.

Anyone watch those weird post-3 Robocop movies on netflix? They look like they were filmed with a webcam from 1996.

calder

Weren't people looking at moving one there? With the Sonics returning, I reallyyyy doubt they'd have problems finding an owner. It's an untapped market for the NHL. QC would pay up more for expansion.

Lot's of chatter over the past couple months about how Seattle would be a great landing spot and it's an open secret that the NHL has wanted a team there a long time. In fact I think it was ESPN (Lebrun?) who had an article a couple of months ago about Seattle city councillors talking about the NBA team moving and expressing surprise at how often people there indicated they'd love an NHL team to go with the Kings.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I fucking hate that little turd face kid from Robocop 2.

Anyone watch those weird post-3 Robocop movies on netflix? They look like they were filmed with a webcam from 1996.

The ones filmed in toronto?

When the TV show was running, my area was used for filming... Super weird seeing a catholic school with an OCP sign hanging off it

There were more than three? I remember the lame TV show, but no more movies.

One of the big confrontations took place on the skywalk

That's all I remember from those movies

Montresor

Toronto claimed a San Jose Shark off the waivers. The player's name is Frazer McLaren. He's 25 years old, 6'5" and 250 pounds.

Brown is injured somehow. Looks like that is why Ryan Hamilton (captain of the Marlies) was called up. He's playing on the fourth line tonight.

Toronto claimed a San Jose Shark off the waivers. The player's name is Frazer McLaren. He's 25 years old, 6'5" and 250 pounds.

Brown is injured somehow. Looks like that is why Ryan Hamilton (captain of the Marlies) was called up. He's playing on the fourth line tonight.

He's nothing more than a tough guy. Have fun with him. I'm pretty sure he has more fights than shots on net.

Acid08

Banned

4th liner, will never be anything more. He's okay.

Top Bottom